onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

In my opinion, the policy of getting technically good young players from Premier League clubs is fundamentally floored. These players are too lightweight for League 1 & would be kicked to pieces in League 2. We would be better off having a small balanced squad of players who are assets of the club. The only reason for signing loan players should be as an emergency due to injuries. I may be proved incorrect, but time will tell.

• Like 8

Advert

1 minute ago, Rory said:

I think people just have to understand the place that it's come from, Carol is clearly angry and frustrated with the fans.

It must be soul destroying, I'd be amazed if she is really wants to carry on.

And the fans are clearly angry & frustrated at Flitcroft & what’s happened to our club. Can look at it whichever way you like 

Just now, Rory said:

I think people just have to understand the place that it's come from, Carol is clearly angry and frustrated with the fans.

Maybe she should try understand why fans aren’t happy? It’s quite a simple decision for her, get rid of Flitcroft and the fans will all be united again. Someone with her business acumen shouldn’t be sending out statements written in that manor and which are so one sided. 

• Like 7

Just now, Rory said:

Again, the thing is, the hatred is not directed at her in any shape or form but for whatever reason. she's decided to take the fans discontent with somebody else, personally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Essex Boy said:

In my opinion, the policy of getting technically good young players from Premier League clubs is fundamentally floored. These players are too lightweight for League 1 & would be kicked to pieces in League 2. We would be better off having a small balanced squad of players who are assets of the club. The only reason for signing loan players should be as an emergency due to injuries. I may be proved incorrect, but time will tell.

I’ve always felt that. We used to thrash u23 Prem teams as a league 2 club, so god knows why Flitcroft thinks they would be great for us. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Warren said:

I do think Crosby can be aggrieved by the recent window at least. He has been stripped naked! But we now need a manager with a magic wand and he hasn't got one. 

And I'm aggrieved by Crosby for the boring stuff he conjured up for most of the season

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I expect it is difficult to accept that she has made a massive error of judgment by appointing Flitcroft and doesn't know how to rectify the situation without losing face.

Good point mate 👍🏻 

• Like 1

Whilst I think the letter could have been more balanced with pluses and minuses, I totally understand Auntie Carols frustration.

If I was a multi-millionaire, I wouldn't touch a football club in a million years, even PVFC - you are just setting yourself up for a massive fall - football fans can be the most toxic lot going - this isn't a pop at our fans, just fans in general.

A few years ago me, Mrs Hoppers and Hoppers Junior (affectionally nicknamed Spunky) went to watch a basketball game at the as it was called then, Nynex Arena.

First time id ever been in a non-football sporting environment, but flipping heck, was it wonderful. Families there, warm, end to end excitement every minute, no violence/bad language/fighting - and I compare that to what we have to put up with at present. Now, Im sure I will be going/supporting/buying dodgy away strips for the rest of my natural, but sometimes, I just have to roll my eyes and shake my head at the crap we are served up to watch on a weekly basis. Im really fed up this week.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, andy jones said:

Brian

It's the other way round isn't it?

It was, and remains, us that needed and still need her money to keep the club out of another administration.

According to Mike Baggaley's updates she is putting in a million a year isn't she?

Loaned money from SS, all of it to date. The club has never been in so much debt c 7 M. Not illegal, and will only become an issue if the loan/s are recalled. Unless written off by the lender of course. Don't have to believe me take a look on companies house it's free to look.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PVP said:

Reading a number of the posts it seems clear that there is a logical, fundamental message to the owners.

1.  Use the funds to get the best squad that delivers results in the best possible way.  This is called success on the pitch delivering progress, excitement, enjoyment, motivation and increased revenue through the gates.

2.  Use excess funds to improve the infrastructure.  (Score board, toilets, pitch, offices, training ground) etc.

The two are very clearly linked together. Get No 1 right and revenue increases through success that enables the funds for No 2.  Get No 1 wrong whilst focussing on No 2 then you have what we have today.

Surely every football club owner understands this connection ?

Man Utd don't, their stadium requires replacement or re-building as it has been neglected for 20 years. All sides of the business have to be properly managed and kept in balance. Infrastructure brings in income as well as being within stadium regulations.

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Maybe she should try understand why fans aren’t happy? It’s quite a simple decision for her, get rid of Flitcroft and the fans will all be united again. Someone with her business acumen shouldn’t be sending out statements written in that manor and which are so one sided. 

It’s not even that for me.

At no point has any of our leadership taken responsibility and accountability for decisions taken over the last week to explain what’s happened, why etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Man Utd don't, their stadium requires replacement or re-building as it has been neglected for 20 years. All sides of the business have to be properly managed and kept in balance. Infrastructure brings in income as well as being within stadium regulations.

Think Wrexham. They had a stand permanently closed for years as unsafe.

My friend is a Man Utd season ticket holder. He ain't happy with the decline of Old Trafford and the roof letting the rain in, nor the owners, nor the manager. But it's a different level in the sport. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m not sure what in that statement there is to rally around. It’s just a constant dig at the fans and no acceptance of any blame / negatives what so ever. I’m really not sure what there is to rally around. We have no manager, a clueless DOF and a chairwoman who seems completely oblivious to any negatives and has been completely hoodwinked by Flitcroft. On the playing side again, what is there to back? The players aren’t turning up. The last two games they may has well have not bothered, Ripley aside. Players posting rubbish on social media and then putting in some of the most gutless performances going (Wilson). 

I agree we do all need to get behind the club, but there really isn’t much to rally behind at the moment. 

I guarantee if on Saturday the players show some fight and effort the fans that are there will back them. 

👍

I have been quite vitriolic towards our director of football due to my belief that he has underperformed in the most important aspect of his role. I think it is only to be expected that Vale fans are able to watch a team befitting of our League 1 status ie fielding a team with proper strikers, wing backs etc. Our position in the league doesn’t lie, we are clearly deficient in important areas, put simply we concede too many goals and don’t score enough at the other end.

Out of respect for Carol and her family I won’t be taking part in any demonstrations against Flitcroft at this point in time. There is no doubt in my mind that her and Kevin’s investment has guaranteed our survival as a club and for that I am grateful.

Whilst Carol eloquently presented her views which were valid and compelling, her response was deficient in actually addressing the reason why so many of us are up in arms at present. Whilst I cannot speak for all fans, I think most would like an explanation as to:

why we continue to fail in the transfer market?

and why we have to suffer the unproductive style of play that has been foisted upon us.?

Two simple questions really.

Whilst I welcome Carol’s response, I think we should make sure that she has the opportunity to read some of the responses that Vale fan’s have posted on here in order for her to get a feel for why we feel as we do. Not sure if Rob or anyone else could select a few varied (non abusive)posts and pass them on to the club.?

Edited by Dr Delgado
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1