onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Just now, Vtid said:

She doesn’t state what her mistakes have been tho & totally ignores her biggest mistake which we know is Flitcroft. In fact just defends him in the entirety of the letter! Not one person has taken responsibility or held themselves accountable for what’s happened. This is the frustrating thing mate 

This season has gone pear shaped that’s obvious for all to see losing Olly and Devine is a massive blow u can’t blame DF for spurs and Sheff Utd going back on there word there prob the best 2 players we have seen play for us since the rudge days 

We have the best keeper in the league 

Garrity is class at what he does ojo is committed long term and will end up captain it was a mistake letting forrester go as u could see he had something about him but yeah we need more like these 

I do get what your saying we have had poor transfer windows and obviously there is a problem with the system and performances must improve 

All I’m trying say is it ain’t all bad 

Advert

22 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You just see the negatives in everything 

I’ve made mistakes is a acceptance of the blame 

We have no manager because he was sacked few days ago you have been calling for that for weeks now u bring it up and sort of throw it back at them 

The rest I agree with 👍

You’re right I do. Although most times it seems right with vale. Always been a miserable sod when it comes to vale. I think I was hoping for more balance in the statement, she has listed priorities and what has gone well, maybe provide some balance as to what hasn’t gone so well - more so that fans feel like they are being listened to and justified in their views.

I haven’t thrown the sacking back at them, I think Crosby should have gone after the Cheltenham game, I’ve been very vocal from day 1 that he was the cheap and incorrect choice (as well as my dislike of Flitcroft [mainly due to him sacking members of staff who had been at vale for years and one scout I know who scouted a few of our supposed golden youth players]) or at the very least he should have been sacked before the window, sacking a manager immediately after the window is a real odd timing choice  

What is vital is that letter (i) was it in the statement (league 1 survival) becomes priority number 1 and that it becomes priority season on season. The rest can follow in the background. I’m hoping that we get a decent manager in someone that can wake this bunch up and keep us up, I’m hoping it’s not Mark Kennedy. 

9 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

This season has gone pear shaped that’s obvious for all to see losing Olly and Devine is a massive blow u can’t blame DF for spurs and Sheff Utd going back on there word there prob the best 2 players we have seen play for us since the rudge days 

Garrity is class at what he does ojo is committed long term and will end up captain it was a mistake letting forrester go as u could see he had something about him but yeah we need more like these 

I do get what your saying we have had poor transfer windows and obviously there is a problem with the system and performances must improve 

I agree there’s positive stuff of course there is but that letter is not one of them 😂 even more toxic now because they are just trying to fob us off with utter nonsense. Admit what you’ve got wrong, answer some of the questions the fans are asking & angry about, that would unite the fan base a lot more. Not everyone will be pleased but that’s just Vale 🤣 Floor cloth come out & say something stop hiding behind carols skirt you little coward 

4 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Both Spurs and Sheffield Utd never went back on their word. The recall option  would have been put in the  contracts in place between both the clubs in question & Port Vale. So, Vale would have a greed to that recall option.

The recall was always going to be possibility and Flickers should have had plans in place for that eventuality.

I will be controversial here but Ripley is not the best keeper in League One. If he was, he would not be at Port Vale and why is he fighting relegation to League Two for the second successive season.

He's a major upgrade on the keepers that we have had for a number of years but he's not the best keeper in League One

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Both Spurs and Sheffield Utd never went back on their word. The recall option  would have been put in the  contracts in place between both the clubs in question & Port Vale. So, Vale would have a greed to that recall option.

The recall was always going to be possibility and Flickers should have had plans in place for that eventuality.

I will be controversial here but Ripley is not the best keeper in League One. If he was, he would not be at Port Vale and why is he fighting relegation to League Two for the second successive season.

He's a major upgrade on the keepers that we have had for a number of years but he's not the best keeper in League One

I think Ripley falls into the top 4 of keepers in Div 1.  He has been let down by the midfield and defence a lot and so the goals scored are not really his fault.  He has also pulled off numerous saves our previous goal keepers would have let in.  

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

You’re right I do. Although most times it seems right with vale. Always been a miserable sod when it comes to vale. I think I was hoping for more balance in the statement, she has listed priorities and what has gone well, maybe provide some balance as to what hasn’t gone so well - more so that fans feel like they are being listened to and justified in their views.

I haven’t thrown the sacking back at them, I think Crosby should have gone after the Cheltenham game, I’ve been very vocal from day 1 that he was the cheap and incorrect choice (as well as my dislike of Flitcroft [mainly due to him sacking members of staff who had been at vale for years and one scout I know who scouted a few of our supposed golden youth players]) or at the very least he should have been sacked before the window, sacking a manager immediately after the window is a real odd timing choice  

What is vital is that letter (i) was it in the statement (league 1 survival) becomes priority number 1 and that it becomes priority season on season. The rest can follow in the background. I’m hoping that we get a decent manager in someone that can wake this bunch up and keep us up, I’m hoping it’s not Mark Kennedy. 

I’m not sure if this is right but could she really say that the recruitment has been poor which has left us with a not good enough squad for the players to read 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure what really went on behind the scenes so I can’t comment on who was getting rid of the old staff I do believe Tom popes words set it a lot of fans heads early on with DF 

I was on holiday against Cheltenham but listened on the radio it sounded bad really bad at the end and I agree that should of been it for Crosby but they give him as much time as they could maybe being to nice 

Massive appointment coming DF has to get this spot on or we are down and that surely will be his job gone 

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Took the words out my mouth regarding Ripley mate. He wouldn’t be at Vale & Morecambe if he was. I don’t believe bigger clubs were after him either if the likes of Bolton etc we’re there’s no way we would of been able to compete with them whether that’s financially or ambition. Take nothing away he’s a brilliant keeper & the best we’ve had since Scott Brown left for me  & as you’ve mentioned so much better than the likes of Holy in recent years 😂 but he’s not the best in the league I’d put him around top 5 myself  

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I think Ripley falls into the top 4 of keepers in Div 1.  He has been let down by the midfield and defence a lot and so the goals scored are not really his fault.  He has also pulled off numerous saves our previous goal keepers would have let in.  

Like I said. He's a massive upgrade on what we have had before.

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I expect it is difficult to accept that she has made a massive error of judgment by appointing Flitcroft and doesn't know how to rectify the situation without losing face.

Why yes, but certainly one way of doing it was not to write a rambling letter that supports the man unequivocally. 

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think it is. Everyone knows the size of the club, we don’t have the big budgets of others ect. Most fans just want us to be able to compete, see some progression season on season, window on window and see exciting football. Basically to be entertained. 

Yes, that would be great and wonderful to see.

Do you think commercial pressures are much more difficult to overcome now that the Premier League seems to be sucking up all the cash and all the players from a very young age?

I think it makes life for the smaller clubs 10x more difficult and is hugely detrimental to what happens on the pitch. What do you think?

15 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Took the words out my mouth regarding Ripley mate. He wouldn’t be at Vale & Morecambe if he was. I don’t believe bigger clubs were after him either if the likes of Bolton etc we’re there’s no way we would of been able to compete with them whether that’s financially or ambition. Take nothing away he’s a brilliant keeper & the best we’ve had since Scott Brown left for me  & as you’ve mentioned so much better than the likes of Holy in recent years 😂 but he’s not the best in the league I’d put him around top 5 myself  

Either way, I really enjoy watching Ripley and glad he's our keeper. Shows great character on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, AndyGeorge said:

Either way, I really enjoy watching Ripley and glad he's our keeper. Shows great character on the pitch.

Agreed mate he’s a very good keeper & what we’ve needed for a long time. Dont think any Vale fan who knows what their on about can say Flitcroft has got that one wrong 👍🏻 

Archived