onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

6 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Who gives a <ovf censored> about style as long as you're getting results? To play the way we've tried to play this season has been ridiculous. You need good players, ball players, in every area of the pitch for it to work. 

For the foreseeable future our best bet is to be a hard to beat, organised and hard working team that gives little away. Under Moore that's much more realistic than this possession based nonsense Crosby was obsessed with and ultimately played a part in his downfall.

Yeah your right, main objective is survival this season and then in the summer bin off the dead wood and look at competing for the play offs next season got more chance of Moore putting his own philosophy in place  by then , Go on Vale 

Advert

6 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah your right, main objective is survival this season and then in the summer bin off the dead wood and look at competing for the play offs next season got more chance of Moore putting his own philosophy in place  by then , Go on Vale 

I’d say mid table next year would be more realistic in his first full season. Roll on Saturday! ️ 

I like this appointment for a few reasons:

1. Probably the most experienced manager currently available that we could have realistically got.

2. Even if we do go down, I'd feel happier at the thought of bouncing back.

Saying that, our squad is terrible. Hoping we can just scrape our way to safety. Need some of the injured players to come back firing really.

Who knows whether this is the right appointment?

Definitely fits the demands of most fans it seems.

No doubt that DF and CS have gone for the best they can get.

Instantly, and pretty much inevitably, previous club's fans jump all over it and gleefully vent their spleen about DM's shortcomings.

We can only watch and see how things pan out. 

There are no guarantees, but imo, the club have given it their best shot, so deserve some credit.

17 big games all games be better attended due to who's in charge (tick)

Seems a very good manager to me (tick)

Made my head turn like that film years ago Death becomes her (tick)

Looking forwards to seeing his first home game whenever that is (tick)

UTV 

A universally applauded appointment until Huddersfield fan Ryan tells us as he's pragmatic defensive coach and we will be bored. Honestly what do you expect him to do at Huddersfield?

Now some are worried about his approach at Vale. 

Well let me tell you we need a pragmatic  defensive coach to stay up. We have conceded 7 goals in 3 games, if we continue like that we will get relegated. It's the approach we need to make us hard to beat then we can try and nick a goal to get to the summer.We are sadly not going to be able to go and attack teams with our powder puff attack.

If you look at his record Moore he clearly sets his team up  according to the tools he's got.Everywhere else he's managed plenty of goals per game.

WBA 48 Games 23 Wins 79 Goals (this record is mixed as its PL and Champ)

Sheff Wed 129 games 66 wins 222 Goals 96 points last season in L1.

Doncaster 78 games 38 wins 122 Goals

He is the best appointment we could possibly have made.

As I said. He sounds very familiar to Crosby according to the Huddersfield fan (who incidentally is what you are complaining about). This is his analysis of style of play :-

'Good grief, the football is dull. Made the stuff we played under the Cowley brothers seem like Barcelona side of 15 years ago by comparison! I could be charitable and describe his football as "cautious" but it would be closer to the truth to describe it as timid. A cautious approach when playing against Man City in the cup is understandable. Against sides in absolute freefall you'd hope for a little more. If you expect attacking football under Moore you're in for disappointment. Half a season with us and I still don't know what his attacking philosophy is, because we never saw it. 

2) Game management is awful. Will not change things when you're getting battered, or when the scores are level and the opponent is there for the taking (back to the ultra-cautious approach). Known to make defensive subs when chasing an equaliser. I genuinely think he has no idea how to react to what's happening in-game.'

Just hope he's very wrong when it comes to us

But conversely, Sheffield Wednesday scored loads of goals last season. Huddersfield have gone through a succession of managers and are in free fall back to their natural level which is probably bottom end Championship/League One...certainly in recent years, barring a couple of years in the greedy league.

They loved Warnock but he still only scraped avoiding relegation and then got sacked, so he was hardly Guardiola for them.

Just because they've had one win in the 2 matches since doesn't mean they're suddenly world beaters. They beat a dreadful Wednesday side.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I like this appointment for a few reasons:

1. Probably the most experienced manager currently available that we could have realistically got.

2. Even if we do go down, I'd feel happier at the thought of bouncing back.

Saying that, our squad is terrible. Hoping we can just scrape our way to safety. Need some of the injured players to come back firing really.

If we go down from this position you’d have to suggest the appointment was not successful! 

I don’t think we will. I also doubt Moore will be managing in league 2 and the contract probably has some kind of severance clause in that event. 

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

If we go down from this position you’d have to suggest the appointment was not successful! 

I don’t think we will. I also doubt Moore will be managing in league 2 and the contract probably has some kind of severance clause in that event. 

There’s no hiding the fact he has a massive task on his hands, as a few have already said he’s by far the best out there to give us a chance. If we get relegated it won’t be on the new gaffer that’s for sure 

5 minutes ago, Vtid said:

There’s no hiding the fact he has a massive task on his hands, as a few have already said he’s by far the best out there to give us a chance. If we get relegated it won’t be on the new gaffer that’s for sure 

That's a really important qualifier for us short sighted fans 🙂

When you think about getting a lower league manager of his “stature” is a good appointment. After the Huddersfield disaster (surely not all down to him) he is also in a period of rebuilding his own career and will be hungry to do so. So I think that will suit us perfectly. 

31 minutes ago, SFBT said:

That's a really important qualifier for us short sighted fans 🙂

Haha true but we all know where the trouble started 🤭 don’t think it will come to that anyway. I can see us staying up by a comfortable 7-9 points come may 

Let's make this clear. 

Huddersfield are a bit of a basket case right ? They have gone through managers like Watford. They might scoff at Moore and his contract. Bit rich for a Championship club who gave Mark Fotheringham ( who ??? ) a 3 1/2 year deal until June 2025.

Personally I've no idea why anybody ( people on here may do it ) would sign up to another forum just to comment because they don't like Moore.

At the start of the season Rotherham were overwhelming favourites to be relegated. Who were next....yes Huddersfield. 

Moores record there wasn't good. But extenuating circumstances. You could also argue if Sheffield Wednesday didn't get promotion then there was something really amiss. But they did.

To get to the point....I couldn't give a toss what Huddersfield fans think. 

Archived