onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

15 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

The picture isn't Moore.

However, Alan Nixon (who gets a lot right) says we are keen on him. We've at least spoken to him.

Surely he would be everybody's first choice on here BUT I just cant help but think with it being Vale it will just be one big anti climax 🙂 unlike me if i have to serve everyone breakfast naked

14 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

A counter:

1. He never managed Wednesday in the Championship - left in June before the season started, so your mate is making stuff up. EDIT - he did briefly, but he got pneumonia and Covid, and they got relegated after he arrived when they were in the relegation zone. Not having that.

2. They did finish third, but finished with 96 points - which would pretty much guarantee you the title in every other League 1 season. They were just incredibly unlucky that Ipswich and Plymouth put up historic seasons. It was the best third place finish ever.

3. Sounds like fan bias - "we had the best players in the league" - a hard disagree from me. Ipswich, with the same squad, are now 4th in the Championship, with Chaplin, Morsy, Davis, Broadhead etc, who would all walk into Wednesday's team. Plymouth had Mumba, Whittaker, Azaz, who again were better than anything Wednesday had. Wednesday had Bannan hobbling about in the middle as their best player. All of their forwards were 30+. It's a good squad, but making out a team that played Marvin Johnson and Liam Palmer 52 times was the best in the league is just fan bias.

Wednesday fans always seemed an incredibly entitled bunch last year, moaning their way to 96 points and perhaps the most memorable playoff campaign ever. He took a good, experienced squad and nearly delivered 100 points. He's never finished lower than 9th in League 1.

Also to add,he managed to pick his team up in the 2nd leg of the play off semi final when everyone thought they had blown it after their first leg hammering,oh boy have we needed that mentality a fair few times this season

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Going to be Kennedy isn’t it 

Hope not! If the rumours are true that he almost signed last week but there was a change it may well be that one is dead in the water now 🙏 

1 minute ago, Valiant62 said:

Moore has a great rep with Baggies highly regarded for heroic attempt at avoiding relegation first time. Was premier league manager of the month at one point. Nearly clawed back a 10 point deficit.

There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best manager out there available at the moment but surely the Vale cant grab him..............can they

20 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

A counter:

1. He never managed Wednesday in the Championship - left in June before the season started, so your mate is making stuff up. EDIT - he did briefly, but he got pneumonia and Covid, and they got relegated after he arrived when they were in the relegation zone. Not having that.

2. They did finish third, but finished with 96 points - which would pretty much guarantee you the title in every other League 1 season. They were just incredibly unlucky that Ipswich and Plymouth put up historic seasons. It was the best third place finish ever.

3. Sounds like fan bias - "we had the best players in the league" - a hard disagree from me. Ipswich, with the same squad, are now 4th in the Championship, with Chaplin, Morsy, Davis, Broadhead etc, who would all walk into Wednesday's team. Plymouth had Mumba, Whittaker, Azaz, who again were better than anything Wednesday had. Wednesday had Bannan hobbling about in the middle as their best player. All of their forwards were 30+. It's a good squad, but making out a team that played Marvin Johnson and Liam Palmer 52 times was the best in the league is just fan bias.

Wednesday fans always seemed an incredibly entitled bunch last year, moaning their way to 96 points and perhaps the most memorable playoff campaign ever. He took a good, experienced squad and nearly delivered 100 points. He's never finished lower than 9th in League 1.

Record number of points, record number of clean sheets, record games unbeaten & a record playoff comeback to throw in the mix. And still some Wednesday fans were moaning 😭

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Going to be Kennedy isn’t it 

whoever it is we will seee; but the transfer window has gone and he can’t sign any players but the club has to take some responsibility for this as I firmly believe that Crosby was thrown under the bus to save Flitcroft and it should have happened before Christmas to allow the new manager to sign players but I do not trust Flitcroft whatsoever and believe he should be moved on but strangely Carol doesn’t think so and chucking youth team coaches to manage the club is like throwing them under the bus as well

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Wednesday fans always seemed an incredibly entitled bunch last year

I was reading something about DM's record on a Sheff Wed fan site and the author genuinely wrote, in all seriousness, something along the lines of he will always be a desirable manager simply as he managed Wednesday.

King of the weapons. 

Archived