onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:
I don’t have any preference.  It’s an unenviable task, hence I’m never in any hurry to replace any manager, although the time has clearly come in this instance.  Suffice to say the new incumbent will need a huge slice of luck, something which Crosby lacked.

Indeed. Any manager with the injury list AC has had to cope with would have struggled.

Can't disagree with that, although I've not enjoyed AC's style of play & set-up. Whoever get, I just hope we'll revert to a back four shape with some pace out of defence!

12 minutes ago, londonvale said:

I actually don't give a fck for the club atm but he is a very good manager. However, I can't see him as a man to work under our current DoF 

But he could maybe bring in his lad, Kai to do a dance programme for our flat-footed defenders! 

Carol might surprise us and name a new manager tomorrow. Apparently not at Fleetwood last Saturday which was unusual for her to miss a game, so hoping she was meeting someone about the manager's job.

I think there is a reasonable chance our form upturns in the short-term under Dunn.

We're playing two teams who are very in-form, and we are very out of form. In the lower leagues, these sort of runs don't tend to last. 

We simply have to guard against the idea that, if/when Dunn picks up 4 points from the next 2, we give him 'a go' as if we are a toy for children to share.

Dunn could win 10 on the bounce and I wouldn't give him the job. The new manager bounce exists as they're usually able to lift the morale of a pretty disconsolate squad, and then they benefit from a bit of variance which probably saw off the previous manager. We have hopefully learned the lesson of internal promotions on the back of failure.

We are not, under any circumstances, entertaining the idea of 'Dunny' being permanent PVFC manager. He does 3 games maximum.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

The fashionable choices would be Duff, Wild, Eustace etc.

I do also like the idea of Paul Cook but why would he leave a likely promotion and league 2 play off charge next season.

Matt Sadler from Walsall would be funny for the lols.

Williamson at MK Dons would be good from a style of play perspective, but only hired in October.

Simon Weaver at Harrogate is just slowly and consistently overachieving.

Chris Hughton would be a wildcard appointment. Just sacked by Ghana. Might fancy a route back into UK football.

You know Williamson is a big Vale fan?

53 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I know this is a cliche, but how long would JR have lasted in this day and age? Relegated in his first partial season, then a mediocre 12th place in his first full season in charge. That's what I really don't like about modern football. There's no time or patience from anyone.

I am upset by today, as I was with DC, which is why I'm posting a lot more than usual. Just saddens me is all.

Once again, the legendary name of John Rudge is invoked to defend the honour of a sub-standard manager.

His name has been trotted out for the failings of Crosby, Askey, Brown, Bruno, Sinnott, Gannon, Glover, Foyle...  

One manager having a slow start before turning it round 40 years ago is not justification for sticking with managers today who clearly aren't up to it. Most successful managers, like it or not, have a pretty decent immediate impact. The exceptions like Fergie and Rudgie are exalted because they're exactly that - exceptions. 

The implied criticism of the fans for turning on a manager with 3 wins in 21, and not the manager himself for performing so poorly, or the man who decided appointing him was a good idea, just doesn't make sense.

If Andy Crosby wanted more time he should have won a few more games of football.

How managers perform at non league level means Jack when it comes to league 2 football, let alone L1 level. Yes, there are some good ones, but there are very few.  John Askey was brilliant for Macc, but just couldn't cut the mustard with us. Even managers with league success aren't guaranteed Messiahs.  People saying about the Cowleys.  They've done zip, since they left Lincoln, check how they're doing right now at Colchester. 

Of course, someone's got to do it, but every appointment is a gamble, though at our level,  some seemingly less so than others, eg Steve Evans,  but even he couldn't handle it at Leeds. 

It5s always been a concern to me how much a DoF interferes with a managers plans, should there be a difference of opinion, which is why a Steve Evans type could quite easily reject wanting to come to us unless he had full reign, but that's what successful manager's insist on. Imagine Clough, Ferguson, Shankley, or even Mickey Adams having to answer to anyone, regarding football matters and I'm rather surprised that DC did. 

Anyway, time will tell, but this appointment is crucial and if the powers that be don't learn from their previous mistakes, then we're all in for a very uncomfortable period.  Glad I don't have to choose the next one off the rank. 

The only thing that is a nailed on certainty, is that whoever we appoint, some on here will moan their bags off from day 1, if its not their preferred choice. 

UTV

Archived