onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

I don’t have any preference.  It’s an unenviable task, hence I’m never in any hurry to replace any manager, although the time has clearly come in this instance.  Suffice to say the new incumbent will need a huge slice of luck, something which Crosby lacked.
Indeed. Any manager with the injury list AC has had to cope with would have struggled.

Advert

15 minutes ago, robf said:

I'm not sure.... Flitcroft brought in Clark a week after he was appointed DOF so it may actually be quite a quick appointment. 

I don't see Ainsworth coming though. I just can't see the Vale completing changing style and I can't see Ainsworth wanting to work under a DoF. 

Do you know what ? I'm going to go against popular opinion and say right Flickers you get one more chance, your very last chance.

Pull something out of the bag like you did with DC and I'm sure you will be given some grace by the Vale fans.

Make it an uninspiring one, then do not bother turning up for the next home game but you have one chance, one chance to get a some fans back on side

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:
I don’t have any preference.  It’s an unenviable task, hence I’m never in any hurry to replace any manager, although the time has clearly come in this instance.  Suffice to say the new incumbent will need a huge slice of luck, something which Crosby lacked.

Indeed. Any manager with the injury list AC has had to cope with would have struggled.

Come on Phil, don't give us that pap

He was out of his depth even with a full squad

IF we have cash and ambition to be a Champ club within 3 years I want Gary Rowett. He will sort this <ovf censored> show out, makes us hard to beat and keep us up.

And how satisfying beating Stoke at Britannia Stadium with Rowett in charge.

2nd choice Micheal Duff if he doesn’t get Huddersfield job.

3rd choice Gareth Ainsworth.

Expect us to go for another coach profile and have a funny feeling Dean Holden will be appointed.

11 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

It's kinda typical that we have a double whammy of being outside of the transfer window and also the pool of really obvious out of work managers seems a bit sparse.

I'm really struggling to be inspired by any of the names mentioned.

I even had a look at all of the sacked managers over the last 2 seasons and none tick my boxes!

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/casualties

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/casualties/2022-2023

The fashionable choices would be Duff, Wild, Eustace etc.

I do also like the idea of Paul Cook but why would he leave a likely promotion and league 2 play off charge next season.

Matt Sadler from Walsall would be funny for the lols.

Williamson at MK Dons would be good from a style of play perspective, but only hired in October.

Simon Weaver at Harrogate is just slowly and consistently overachieving.

Chris Hughton would be a wildcard appointment. Just sacked by Ghana. Might fancy a route back into UK football.

9 minutes ago, NarberthVale said:

Get rid of flitcroft next and start again that’s what I say we need a good manager not a  puppet answring to a dof he has to go the recruitment is <ovf censored> bye bye flitcroft for me 

Exactly this,... I think. Unfortunately I suspect Dunn will be given the interim managers job till the end of the season.... and should he make anything like a decent fist of it, will be the next cheap option manager.

2 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

The fashionable choices would be Duff, Wild, Eustace etc.

I do also like the idea of Paul Cook but why would he leave a likely promotion and league 2 play off charge next season.

Matt Sadler from Walsall would be funny for the lols.

Williamson at MK Dons would be good from a style of play perspective, but only hired in October.

Simon Weaver at Harrogate is just slowly and consistently overachieving.

Chris Hughton would be a wildcard appointment. Just sacked by Ghana. Might fancy a route back into UK football.

Chris Hughton would be a decent, high profile option. I feel we need “a name” if this idea of attracting top class youth loans will work. 

Archived