onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

Cut out the mistakes, that is within the manager’s power. The goals we give away are farcical and repetitive most of the time. That building block will go a long way.

Edited by 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I would try this team (if fit) 

Ripley

Clark  Derbra  Lopata  Jones

Ojo      Garrity 

Massey       Chislett      Mighten

Loft 

I know Massey probably doesn’t deserve a start, but I’d give him a last chance in his favoured position and see if can link up with Clark. I also think we need Garrity’s engine and bite in the middle to try and stop teams cutting through us like a knife through hot butter. In terms of forward options, I think Loft gives us more of physical presence, with Wilson to come on. 

That actually looks ok tbf but if he is fit I would sooner see Plant there than Massey,also if Jones isn't fit then Shorrock

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

I don't see how folk can see it as a guaranteed lose .

There's no pressure on Vale tonight they should have free coaches on for original 800 odd who went (Reading pay for them that is  ) )with a very low turnout we can play with the freedom of Leyton Orient 205 fans Stevenage 195 who managed get positive results at Vale Park. 

I personally think we will win seen2 magpies this morning that's 2 for joy 

Be just like Vale perform when no one's there 

Reading 8/11 draw 11/4 Vale 16/5. You don’t see a bookie on a bike.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MBE said:

As rubbish as its been it only takes 1 result to change the mentality of players and fans alike giving optimism, hope and even a it of confidence for the remainder of the season.

I have no logical explanation but I really fancy us tonight to get something from the game.

New manager bounce in full effect.

MBE, I think that’s what we’re all hoping and praying for. To do that though you’ve got to want to win and honestly I’m m struggling to pick out many winners in our team. No one on here wants us to be relegated and would love to see things turn around.if we only stay up on goal difference. For me Moore’s experience and I think motivation, is our last roll of the dice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

That actually looks ok tbf but if he is fit I would sooner see Plant there than Massey,also if Jones isn't fit then Shorrock

Don’t ask me why but I’d put Massey up front instead of Loft,Chiz on the right. If fit I’d move Garrity to play behind Massey and as Grant alongside Ojo. Lots of ifs and buts as we don’t know what formation we’ll be playing. How far off is Gore.?

58 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Any manager worth is money would watch sat and straight away the third goal watch it and go the two culprits of that going in our net won't be playing tonight in fact the lack of commitment in which that goal was scored said it  all for me and on my opinion they should never play for the club again the second goal was bad enough a man a footballer turning his back on the ball the third well some folks will say great goal me I'd say whys your CENTRE HALF lying on the floor and the other incumbent slipping at such a bad time 

You cannot have people playing for the club who do just for a wage .

These are people who are going be judged by thousands of onlookers watching them .

I've seen so much of these ridiculous goals going in Vales net over the years , that to continue picking players cause they head a ball is ridiculous .

I'm going try enjoy the remaining games (home)then unless I see a team who on the pitch represents my heart my love for Port Vale im not going bother going anymore just pick and choose go on whether we have players leaving everything on the pitch not looking like they couldn't care less and playing like they couldn't care less also which is terrible to me and a form of fraud .

UTV 

I thought you were just going to the gym and swimming etc now? 😉

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rory said:

Good luck to our Valiants tonight, I hope Moore hasn't sapped every last ounce of life from them.

<ovf censored> me, after years of having to put up with Rampant Zebra constantly making digs at Clarke we finally get a break from it, just as you start up on about Moore!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

Prioritise the season ticket holders & sod everyone else. My point being it should have been made to anyone purchasing a ticket if they want boost the numbers 

They did it last year against Barnsley and previously against Colchester, so I suspect they budgeted for it and chose to use it on this game for Moore's arrival.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

MBE, I think that’s what we’re all hoping and praying for. To do that though you’ve got to want to win and honestly I’m m struggling to pick out many winners in our team. No one on here wants us to be relegated and would love to see things turn around.if we only stay up on goal difference. For me Moore’s experience and I think motivation, is our last roll of the dice.

The squad is dreadful I know but......

We had 1 result with Darrell following a 3-2 loss at Cheltenham which also coincided with a change in formation.

Lighting to striker twice tonight.