onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Reckon Moore will go even more defensive tonight fair enough if you have a out ball I wouldn't say Wilson or Loft are a out ball ,haven't seen them combine do anything and in my opinion the opposition get out too easily 

So tonight I'm expecting something mental like this ultra defensive better pick up your players 

Ripley

Debrah Smith Lopaco Icavettit

Lowe Jones (if fit) ojo Walters 

Wilson Loft 

Personally I'd go for this side the best defensively we have looked all season was when ojo played back there first half v Lincoln until Ollie got sent off only  going be one winner and it wasn't them and even after we still defended relatively well 

Ripley 

Debrah Lopaco Ojo 

Sang Walters Jones Grant

Garrity 

Mighten Wilson 

If those players are available I think Jones with his array of passing can get mighten in time snd time, again ojo will talk Lopaco and Debrah through game at back and Walters will pass it on the ground Garrity does the work of 3 and Vale have a chance then .

In my opinion I've watched these players enough to know that  some are not quick enough to be in the team period but they will be selected at the cost of the club moving forwards. 

Edited by Devine intervention

Advert

3 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I would try this team (if fit) 

Ripley

Clark  Derbra  Lopata  Jones

Ojo      Garrity 

Massey       Chislett      Mighten

Loft 

I know Massey probably doesn’t deserve a start, but I’d give him a last chance in his favoured position and see if can link up with Clark. I also think we need Garrity’s engine and bite in the middle to try and stop teams cutting through us like a knife through hot butter. In terms of forward options, I think Loft gives us more of physical presence, with Wilson to come on. 

How many last chances does Massey get to have ?  Sang isn't much better but was dropped when playing well & his work rate & delivery into the box are way ahead of anything Massey brings.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Reckon Moore will go even more defensive tonight fair enough if you have a out ball I wouldn't say Wilson or Loft are a out ball ,haven't seen them combine do anything and in my opinion the opposition get out too easily 

So tonight I'm expecting something mental like this ultra defensive better pick up your players 

Ripley

Wilson Loft 

Personally I'd go for this side the best defensively we have looked all season was when ojo played back there first half v Lincoln until Ollie got sent off only  going be one winner and it wasn't them and even after we still defended relatively well 

Ripley 

Debrah Lopaco Ojo 

Sang Walters Jones Grant

Garrity 

Mighten Wilson 

If those players are available I think Jones with his array of passing can get mighten in time snd time, again ojo will talk Lopaco and Debrah through game at back and Walters will pass it on the ground Garrity does the work of 3 and Vale have a chance then .

In my opinion I've watched these players enough to know that  some are not quick enough to be in the team period but they will be selected at the cost of the club moving forwards. 

Just when I think your selections can’t surprise me anymore mate you pick Jones in midfield 😂 whoever crosses that white line let’s hope they show some bloody passion & give the fans something to get behind. Fair play to the Vale faithful who are making such a long trip on a Tuesday night. Safe journey to all 👏 

Edited by Vtid

16 hours ago, 1 said:

Ripley

Smith Lopata Yak Grant

Ojo   Sang 

Chiz Mighten Weir

Wilson

Gore, Garrity, Plant, Clark in if fit.

I will be surprised if garetty is fit enough yet and likewise Clark; probably on the bench in time for Saturday and Fleetwood 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1 said:

Ripley

Smith Lopata Yak Grant

Ojo   Sang 

Chiz Mighten Weir

Wilson

Gore, Garrity, Plant, Clark in if fit.

Not sure on Weir there, I haven't seen him positively influence any game really, looks like a bit of a passenger.

Can see in his recent performances why he struggled to get game time elsewhere.

I can't put my finger on whether it's a positional thing, or that he's just too lightweight but even Walters feels like a better option based on the last month or so

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Ripley

Wilson Loft 

Ripley 

Debrah Lopaco Ojo 

Sang Walters Jones Grant

Garrity 

Mighten Wilson 

Even taking into account our defensive frailties, playing too many defensive minded players doesn't work. We aren't able to get out and put the opposition under any kind of pressure. Aspin was guilty of this at the end of his tenure.

Got to give the opposition something to think about.

Also, what happened to high press? We seem to just sit back in shape waiting for the inevitable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Ripley

Wilson Loft 

Ripley 

Debrah Lopaco Ojo 

Sang Walters Jones Grant

Garrity 

Mighten Wilson 

On what basis does Jones make your midfield mate ?

If he does his Hollywood ball from further up the pitch it's just going to go for a Reading goal kick.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I would try this team (if fit) 

Ripley

Clark  Derbra  Lopata  Jones

Ojo      Garrity 

Massey       Chislett      Mighten

Loft 

I know Massey probably doesn’t deserve a start, but I’d give him a last chance in his favoured position and see if can link up with Clark. I also think we need Garrity’s engine and bite in the middle to try and stop teams cutting through us like a knife through hot butter. In terms of forward options, I think Loft gives us more of physical presence, with Wilson to come on. 

Like this side (if fit, as you say) but would may be swap Massey for Sang BUT I do understand why you would play Massey there. After all, it is his natural position. And he shouldn't have too much (although not 'none at all') defensive responsibility.

I wonder if Moore may recall Cass at some point ?
A big 'up' to any fans travelling tonight, especially any who went the abandoned game and are already out of pocket.
It's a pity the club couldn't see fit to offer free coach travel tonight, I know that would cost the club even more than they have already lost but it might have been seen as a genuine gesture to the VERY long-suffering fans
My team for tonight ;
4-1-3-2
Ripley

Cass
Smith
Lopata
Jones

Ojo

Sang
Garrity
Mighten

Loft
Own Goal.

Heart says 1-1, head says 3-0

UTV

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

I wonder if Moore may recall Cass at some point ?
A big 'up' to any fans travelling tonight, especially any who went the abandoned game and are already out of pocket.
It's a pity the club couldn't see fit to offer free coach travel tonight, I know that would cost the club even more than they have already lost but it might have been seen as a genuine gesture to the VERY long-suffering fans
My team for tonight ;
4-1-3-2
Ripley

Cass
Smith
Lopata
Jones

Ojo

Sang
Garrity
Mighten

Loft
Own Goal.

emoji6.pngemoji1787.pngemoji6.png

Heart says 1-1, head says 3-0

UTV

Can’t recall outside of a window i don’t think, hes another one not at this level though (like most of our squad)

• Like 1

Surely hardly anyone will go to this match in the circumstances?  Watch it on ifollow,  at least the vale get some cash then.   I think a completely empty away end sends a message to the efl.   And b4 someone comments about supporting the team,  big away followings haven't helped in the slightest recently.   Might send a message to others at the same time?
Can you watch on i-follow if there's a Premier league game on ?

Were basically going lose a game tonight that shouldn't have even had to be replayed. Reading have had no punishment for what they did getting that game abandoned intact it has benefitted them as they have pulled out the bottom 4, whereas for us it's worse as we're on a poor run, depleted squad and now in the bottom 4. Reading are basically going stay up despite them not being able afford pay the wages or be run properly at the expense of a club being run within there means.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Were basically going lose a game tonight that shouldn't have even had to be replayed. Reading have had no punishment for what they did getting that game abandoned intact it has benefitted them as they have pulled out the bottom 4, whereas for us it's worse as we're on a poor run, depleted squad and now in the bottom 4. Reading are basically going stay up despite them not being able afford pay the wages or be run properly at the expense of a club being run within there means.

They’ve still had to pick up results since that game got abandoned. They have pulled away on merit & there’s nothing to say we get a result when we should have played them we’ve been poor for months mate. Even if we got awarded 3 points for that game they would still be out of the relegation zone & that’s with a 4 point deduction 

• Like 4