onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

Advert

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Moore didn't really play him often at Wednesday from what I read.

He returned to Nottingham Forest on 10 January 2023 having played 14 times and scoring two goals, at times playing out of position at wing-back and centre-forward.[24][25] Wednesday decided to end the loan as they were contributing a significant portion of the player's wages, much to Forest manager Steve Cooper's frustration.[26][27] As Mighten had already played for Forest and Wednesday in the 2022–23 season, this left him unable to join another club on loan and gametime for Forest in the Premier League was an unreaslitic prospect.[28][29] Wednesday manager Darren Moore said that "it was one of the hardest decisions that I have had to make since becoming a manager".[30]

Bet he was thrilled when Moore was appointed 

I cannot find anything positive say about Vale .

Just read M Baggaleys substance Vale thing Adam Yates can see something but not enough fight ,and went on say he sees  fight in  four players well two of them he mentioned I don't agree with at all so I'll agree to disagree with him 

Enjoy the game m8 from work gone with 2 others probably less than 100 going .

Thats the feel good factor the players have produced (being ironic there is no feel good factor).

Get them scouts out for a knock down and rebuild for 2025. It’ll be top 3 league 2 promotion next year or…..end up and do an FGR but have the nicest facilities in the national league. Wtf?!

I'm well impressed with what has happened to Maidstone this season. Can’t we be doing a recce of their rising stars and ‘process’  and then  sending Sh/tcroft down to Bluestone avenue u12s where he might find his level

Edited by Jim Gammon

Surely hardly anyone will go to this match in the circumstances?  Watch it on ifollow,  at least the vale get some cash then.   I think a completely empty away end sends a message to the efl.   And b4 someone comments about supporting the team,  big away followings haven't helped in the slightest recently.   Might send a message to others at the same time?

• Like 2

I would try this team (if fit) 

Ripley

Clark  Derbra  Lopata  Jones

Ojo      Garrity 

Massey       Chislett      Mighten

Loft 

I know Massey probably doesn’t deserve a start, but I’d give him a last chance in his favoured position and see if can link up with Clark. I also think we need Garrity’s engine and bite in the middle to try and stop teams cutting through us like a knife through hot butter. In terms of forward options, I think Loft gives us more of physical presence, with Wilson to come on. 

3 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I would try this team (if fit) 

Ripley

Clark  Derbra  Lopata  Jones

Ojo      Garrity 

Massey       Chislett      Mighten

Loft 

I know Massey probably doesn’t deserve a start, but I’d give him a last chance in his favoured position and see if can link up with Clark. I also think we need Garrity’s engine and bite in the middle to try and stop teams cutting through us like a knife through hot butter. In terms of forward options, I think Loft gives us more of physical presence, with Wilson to come on. 

Jones 🤭 he went off Injured. Again 🙄 probably won’t see him this season he needs his contract ending spends way too much time in the treatment room & another one who isn’t good enough 

• Like 1

Match day! I don’t think tonight is a must win myself, although it’s one of our game in hands so a win would be massive. It’s a must not lose I feel. 5 wins & 2 draws will keep us up i reckon. Lincoln, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Exeter & Cambridge last game of the season all at home are must wins. Then sneak 2 draws on the road. Tonight & burton look the most likely, if we lose tonight it’ll prob depend on Northampton away picking up a point. Looks easy on paper but they are having a great season back in league 1 sat comfortably in 11th. Come on Vale!!! Big effort needed this evening bring back a point…. Or 3 💪🏻 If all else fails get those tennis balls out! 🎾🎾🎾🎾🎾

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

Just now, The French Connection said:
27 minutes ago, Vtid said:
Jones emoji2960.png he went off Injured. Again emoji849.png probably won’t see him this season he needs his contract ending spends way too much time in the treatment room & another one who isn’t good enough 

I think he should only have played an hour, first game back after a lengthy absence. In that sense, he probably took one for the team.

I’ve been wanting him back in the side recently. After not seeing him play for so long I forgot how bad he is 😂 I agree he should of prob done 45 mins or a little more but he’s way too injury prone it was crazy to give him a 2 year deal