onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who’s to blame?

Powerline

Advert

The truth of the matter is on things like this it’s the culmination of a number of things but ultimately Carol is the owner and it’s her responsibility. I don’t think she will act though in fact if we went down I think it’s more likely than not we’d go into next season with Flitcroft and Crosby still in situ which makes it even more on her.

Did I read right on here that since Flickers been here, we have signed over 50 + players?

I would be very interested to know what bonus structure is in place in Flickers contract?

Does he get paid a % of the fee for moving players on?

Does he get paid a bonus for signing players from elite clubs like Tottenham, Liverpool, Man Utd?

If our budget is for example £2 million but we only spend £1.8 million, does he get a bonus for saving us money that way?

In truth they are all to blame. I feel completely mugged off to be honest. They talk the talk but the proof is in the pudding.. crosby is absolutely clueless I genuinely feel a decent manager sees us finish comfortably mid table. Flitcroft how we have not added a striker is beyond criminal and a lwb. Weaker after a January window is again is criminal. All this talk about them planning a few windows ahead. Your telling me this was planned last summer 🤣🤣 load of crap. Carol? is she giving them any funds as i cant believe for. Second a decent striker wouldnt be brought in if they could be. For me they can all go. Had enough of us fans being neglected but constantly asked to part way with our cash. Shes supposed to be a fan how is she happy with this.  The fact that nobody was dismissed last night is complete and utter negligence. I will be making my feelings clear from the off on Tuesday night. Enough is enough 

Flitcroft has made our club his own personal dynasty. Has filled the club with his own family and friends, people who say so and so can only play for 62 minutes. Gone are the days when local lads played three matches in a weekend, worked Mon / Friday, trained after work and played in ankle deep mud.

Now it is essential to go on” team bonding” holidays to Spain, mid season breaks etc. Well that works doesn’t it. At the end of the day most of the players have no affinity to Port Vale, it is just a job to them. They just move on to another pay day ( Ellis Harrison is a prime example, and that’s not a dig at him). The only constant at football clubs are the supporters. We will still be here when these owners, players coaches etc. are long gone.

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Did I read right on here that since Flickers been here, we have signed over 50 + players?

I would be very interested to know what bonus structure is in place in Flickers contract?

Does he get paid a % of the fee for moving players on?

Does he get paid a bonus for signing players from elite clubs like Tottenham, Liverpool, Man Utd?

If our budget is for example £2 million but we only spend £1.8 million, does he get a bonus for saving us money that way?

53 I think, including loans. 

Where the lie blames I think you have to look at the season in two parts.

1st half the season Crosby has wasted a good squad assembled. We had one of the best midfield in the league but overplayed and created very little clear cut chances. Crosby should have been sacked after the Cheltenham home debacle. Crosby faults. Flitcroft's fault for not sacking him.

2nd half of the season the squad is extremely weak physically and we just don't compete.Crosby has been left with a very poor unbalanced squad in no small part to injuries. We didn't recruit positions of need. Only one person to blame for the state of the current squad. Clearly Flitcroft's fault.

Flitcroft said at the forum its a collective responsibility so we know who to blame.

Flitcroft,Crosby,Schofield & Dunn ARE ALL TO BLAME.

Sack them all. Time to clean house. 

Ultimately the onus on  Carol to pull the trigger or she has to shoulder the blame for watching and doing nothing.

Crosby needs to be sacked immediately as he is not good enough. Flitcroft will try to appoint another yes man, so he needs to go also. We need an experienced manager to try to keep us up, & bring in his own players next season. We have great youth players coming through, so not all doom & gloom if changes made.

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

Where the lie blames I think you have to look at the season in two parts.

1st half the season Crosby has wasted a good squad assembled. We had one of the best midfield in the league but overplayed and created very little clear cut chances. Crosby should have been sacked after the Cheltenham home debacle. Crosby faults. Flitcroft's fault for not sacking him.

2nd half of the season the squad is extremely weak physically and we just don't compete.Crosby has been left with a very poor unbalanced squad in no small part to injuries. We didn't recruit positions of need. Only one person to blame for the state of the current squad. Clearly Flitcroft's fault.

Flitcroft said at the forum its a collective responsibility so we know who to blame.

Flitcroft,Crosby,Schofield & Dunn ARE ALL TO BLAME.

Sack them all. Time to clean house. 

Ultimately the onus on  Carol to pull the trigger or she has to shoulder the blame for watching and doing nothing.

Here you go. Everything you need to know in one post. Perfect summary. Thanks MBE.

53 I think, including loans. 

That an insane amount of players. Talk about clutching at straws in the vain hope a few will cut the mustard.
A ridiculous philosophy to implement. How can that provide cohesion and stability to a group of lads on a pitch?

Carol.

Whilst has more vale interest at heart than Bratt et al and NS she still didn't know how to run a football club and got rid of Garlic who probably did. One wonders if he wasn't a yes man hence got rid of. If I had all the money in the world and bought Vale I wouldn't have a clue how to run it. I wouldn't however handover the basic running of all things football to a man who likewise had never done a DoF job.

Surely it has to be Flitcrofts fault. He said he is in charge of everything on the pitch. Yes Crosby is crap but he employed him. It is up to Carol to get rid, but he has the gift of the gab and tells her what to do. Kevin needs to get involved and sack all of them, and regroup. If we dont I can see us going down and the fan base going down with it.

For me things have gone down bank since Colin Garlic left. A man who knew how to run a football club under very difficult circumstances.

We were 16th in League 1 when he left if I recall. 

This shambles is down to all but ultimately the DoF as all footballing matters on the pitch is down to him.

Both AC and DF need to go.

Archived