onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (A) match thread 3rd Feb

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Can someone paint the picture at the end please ? Probably wasn't pretty. 

Just wondered if any chants, nastiness etc . Or often just apathy. 

Chants of you’re not fit to wear the shirt, David Flitcroft get out of our club, you’re getting sacked in the morning. And a lot of people shouting <ovf censored> off to Crosby.

Advert

3 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Feel for Crosby having watched his interview. You can tell he is really hurting. Seems such an honest bloke & he's clearly a really decent person. We just have not got the side he promised when he got the job. We're not athletic, we don't win duals, we have no pace in the team (bar the new lad from Forest).

I don't think this is anywhere near the squad he envisaged he would have when he took on the job. Wilson is starting games (who he was happy to let go) & Loft up top. He's been cursed with injuries as well. I think Garrity & Ojo getting injuries will ultimately prove to be the final nail in Crosby's coffin unfortunately. 

With a fully fit squad (which no team in the land will ever have) we'd have been very comfortable mid table. With the injuries, the recalls & our latest transfer window, everything is pointing towards relegation. All the hard work from everyone at the club at huge risk of being undone in the space of 2 x years. It's gut wrenching.

Tuesday night will tell us an awful lot. Will he get a reaction or will we get turned over by Orient who are suddenly flying. We've now contrived to lose against Cheltenham on our own patch who were as rock bottom as it's possible to be, Carlisle who couldn't win for toffee & been smashed 3 at Fleetwood who hadn't won in 14 x games. It's just nowhere near good enough.

I feel sorry for Crosby & I feel sorry for the fan base. A horrible situation we now find ourselves in, scratching away for our League 1 lives. Just find a way to stay up Vale, please.

Think you’re being far too fair on him. Yes our squad is crap. But his management and tactics are nothing short of abysmal. A half decent manager and we would not be in a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, Gooders said:

Smudge, Willo and Garrity still with us. Benning and Stone regularly criticized. Plus Hall and Pett to degree. So probably.

I’d take Benning over Grant & that’s saying something, Hall over the Yak since his return from injury. Harratt is a million times the striker Loft is, it’s scary when you look the recruitment. 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

It would nice to see a switch to 433 on Tuesday with Mighten playing LW. Looks like he could pose a threat with his pace on our pitch.

We’re really clutching at straws now aren’t we. Mighten at LB? We don’t even have a proper full back fit do we? 

Sat here really annoyed at a lot.

Do you think that, if the toilets in hospitality were broken, they'd be going in portaloos till season end as they didn't want to spend the money yet? No chance - there'd be new bogs within the week. State of the art. Named after Phil Taylor who would magically reappear on the scene.

It's galling - pensioners who've been at games for decades hobbling into portaloos through the rain in a car park, whilst hundreds of thousands has been spent on a new hospitality suite opened by a pop star who's turned up for the first time in decades. All the while, a team cascades to 11 wins in 49 league games.

My 90yo Grandad slides through urine in a poorly lit shack at the back of the Railway Stand. He's been going since the 1940s. Carol has owned the club for nearly 5 years and the Railway has barely seen a penny. Money is getting spent everywhere, down to pie-in-the-sky 'T-Zone' and 'Campus' projects, apart from on the fans and on the playing squad.

There's a very clear belief of 'forget the masses, they'll put up with anything' which permeates the club, and I think it's set by Flitcroft. I remember his little dig at a forum about fans leaving early, in a game we lost and Hamil Road was shut. From what I've heard, Carol isn't much better.

There's a barely concealed resentment between the corporate side of the club and the average fan. It could become quite toxic if they continue to ignore the fanbase on the managerial/DoF issue.

I said on a here a million times how limited Crosby was being a manager in our run up the Play offs and nearly costing us that place.

He was then even worse when he was caretaker manager last season.

At the start of this season, I, along with only a handful of people again watched how limited he is being a manager.

What we have been getting in terms of performances & results have not been a surprise to me since the end of the 2021/22 season.

The only surprise is how is he  getting this far being the Port Vale manager.

Would be interesting to know what kind of bonuses Flickers gets or targeted on

Without meaning to be condescending towards Carol and how successful she has been in other business, Flitcroft has gaslit her at this football club and she's too blind to see through it. He is the problem. He is the rotten egg. We will not progress while he is at the club. I feel sorry for Crosby. A good coach and a good bloke, just a poor manager that never should have been given the job.

17 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Without meaning to be condescending towards Carol and how successful she has been in other business, Flitcroft has gaslit her at this football club and she's too blind to see through it. He is the problem. He is the rotten egg. We will not progress while he is at the club. I feel sorry for Crosby. A good coach and a good bloke, just a poor manager that never should have been given the job.

Would arguably ( not unanimously) been of seen somewhat of a coup and decent appointment if DF got the job when he applied. 

The whole picture that unfolded shocked everyone at the time. Both financially wise and how you get interviewed for a managers job but end up as Director of football which was a job that didn't even exist as Flitters drove to the interview. 

I'd love a transcript or recording to see how it all unravelled. 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Because he's hardly played any minutes this season

Yep, that's what Crosby said. So how will him being on the bench for 100 minutes help him to match fitness? When their guy should have made it 2 on half time, Yak looked like he was running in quicksand. And what has he done to Smith,  a stalwart for years. Another thing Crosby said was Gore did his quad in the first half last week,  but didn't he play til about 70 minutes?   Thought Yak looked great until his injury,  totally different player now,  but only proper left sided centre back.  Along with others cant understand letting Benning go, surely good enough for at least back up, which if course we badly needed.  I could go on but tbh just cba

Archived