onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Robbie new Club President

andy jones

The club have to come out and deny it at this stage. Doesn’t mean it’s dead in the water.

There have been loads of credible rumours recently of other people being interested in taking over / putting money in and if a prospective buyer can tempt Robbie to join them then it’s going to help sweeten the deal and provide some extra cash behind the bid too. I think it will happen soon that Carol has to get rid or get investment from elsewhere. We can’t continue as we are scraping by on loans in jan hoping we have enough. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah come on let's give Rbbster a chance 

He could be brilliant for The vale , imo 

Why is it when I read the word 'consortium' it sends a shiver of fear for the Vale through my bones!

Blue Sky, anyone? !!!!!!

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

The only difference I see is Robbie's local ties and the Hollywood boys being born not so local to Wrexham

That is the only difference.

The overwhelming difference is, they put loads of money in and get adored. Robbie gets adoration of Vale for free! 

Why should RW put any money into the club. The club isn’t for sale and we are in a precarious position. If we do get relegated then the clubs value will drop,with how we’ve been playing  this season and the quality of contracted players we have that will take more value off the club. 

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Possibly, the club have to say something today though to address it one way or the other because it does have potential negative fall out, if it isn't true or doesnt happen even if it is then some fans could give flack and it puts more pressure on us in terms of if we get relegated or investment isn't there. 

From the club and Carol's point of view its probably a nightmare to wake up to that today especially when fans are on social media moaning at her to source investment (magically it seems).

The only statement I want to hear today would be to announce the signing of at least one out and out striker with a proven record of scoring goals in league 1.

15 minutes ago, andy jones said:

The only statement I want to hear today would be to announce the signing of at least one out and out striker with a proven record of scoring goals in league 1.

Do you have a realistic list of targets that would fall into this category? 

1 minute ago, Emile said:

And within our wage limits.. no, of course not but the expectation is still there which will be followed by disappointment and then resentment all because people think we are bigger or richer than we are. We have got no dough. 

14 minutes ago, Emile said:

No Emile I don't.

My faint hope is for a loan deal that is above our playing budget that Robbie underwrites the cost of.

perhaps the Vale made a honest statement I.e. Robbie believes Carol is a top quality owner and he simply wants to do what he can to support her.

Perhaps the media 'smelling a story' if they put a different slant on it publish RW wants to buy the club.

The media not publishing the true facts? !!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

The club have to come out and deny it at this stage. Doesn’t mean it’s dead in the water.

There have been loads of credible rumours recently of other people being interested in taking over / putting money in and if a prospective buyer can tempt Robbie to join them then it’s going to help sweeten the deal and provide some extra cash behind the bid too. I think it will happen soon that Carol has to get rid or get investment from elsewhere. We can’t continue as we are scraping by on loans in jan hoping we have enough. 

If someone came along willing to invest 10 million in the club I have no doubt Carol would accommodate them. The only rumour I'm aware of was Donaldson... as it turned out his offer was for an interest free loan for the scoreboard.  There's a big difference between 100k loan and serious investment.  It's possible Williams will put money in, or attract sponsorship.  It's possible someone might buy the club. At the moment there is no evidence anyone wants to.

2 hours ago, andy jones said:

nice thought 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

not gunna happen,

but nice 👍👍👍

5 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Donaldson & Robbie , maybe 

Just speculating but I'm with you I  reckon they are  trying to keep a lid on the publicity they probably don't want to build people's holes up too soon 

5 hours ago, andy jones said:

Why is it when I read the word 'consortium' it sends a shiver of fear for the Vale through my bones!

Blue Sky, anyone? !!!!!!

Do you really think Robbie would thrown the vale under the bus , no chance , mate

5 hours ago, WV said:

20m a year the Netflix doc is worth. Would pay for a few strikers 

Thought it was Disney not Netflix? Semantics may be, but would our Netflix deal be anywhere near as big? They (Netflix) have Sunderland ‘til I die which perhaps of interest to Prem & Champ fans but who would the target audience other than Robbie fans be? He’s not that ‘big’ or recognisable in the US which is why he likes living there (more anonymity) but he is popular in Europe and Asia/Pac perhaps more so than the UK .  Guess we’ll need more multi-linguists in the club shop for when the new on-line ticketing service has teething troubles.

Archived