onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Gaffer

smithie

What an excellent gesture by Andy Crosby yesterday, when he came out to tell the fans they might as well go home. 

He was most likely thoroughly fed up, with him and his players having travelled the night before only to see all the preparations go to waste.

For all he knew, the fans he spoke could have been the ones calling for his head a couple of weeks ago but he put that to one side. It was shameful that it took Reading so long to announce it.

For this and plenty of other reasons, Andy Crosby deserves respect and l hope he'll be with us for a long time.

Advert

Yes it was very good of Crosby to come and tell the fans personally, but it shouldn’t have come to that.

Totally unprofessional and tin pot on Readings partThey must have known a while before Crosby came out and chose to do nothing, again.

Great post Smithie, whilst not been a Crosby fan and we have very different views of him, it was excellent of him to do this and should not have been left for him to do this.  He definitely went up in my estimation yesterday, a great gesture and lot of respect for him doing this.  I genuinely think the decision had been made about 15 minutes before, when the lights went out, I think the decision was already made but shocking of Reading to not announce anything over the tannoy.

54 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

He hasn't got it right all the time but he's Vale thru and thru emoji4.png

Just to be clear, he’s only Vale thru and thru while he’s employed by the club.  He’s not a local lad, a fan, or former player.  That said, I’d love to see him go on to become a Vale legend, which would mean our club has seen some real success during his time with us.  He comes across as a genuinely decent bloke and it was no surprise to me that he came across to tell us that the game was over.

5 hours ago, Conrad said:

Yes it was very good of Crosby to come and tell the fans personally, but it shouldn’t have come to that.

Totally unprofessional and tin pot on Readings partThey must have known a while before Crosby came out and chose to do nothing, again.

They did nothing because they don’t give a stuff about Vale or our fans. Happy to take £15 for parking and their fans only stopped the game because the bloke who paid for Championship football doesn’t want to. 

Vale need these 2000s nouveau rich clubs like Reading, Swansea and Wigan to sink back to their natural homes in the 4th division so we can get back to the Championship. 

21 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Crosby has never needed to prompt me to go home. The performances he has overseen often this season have done that. 

I think your response shows far more about you than it does Andy Cosby.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Crosby has never needed to prompt me to go home. The performances he has overseen often this season have done that. 

M8 - what's wrong. What's making you so pissy...??  You sound like one constantly pi$$ed off geezer. 

Next time up I'll buy you a beer in Tommy's and tell you stories about how stupid I am. Hopefully it will make you laugh - Mrs Osh laughs at me all the time. 

1 hour ago, Osh said:

M8 - what's wrong. What's making you so pissy...??  You sound like one constantly pi$$ed off geezer. 

Next time up I'll buy you a beer in Tommy's and tell you stories about how stupid I am. Hopefully it will make you laugh - Mrs Osh laughs at me all the time. 

Take a bow , chief happy clapper osh 😆

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I think we're stuck with Bing for now  but there's still half the season to go , let's see what happens, but good post , TJH 😆

10 hours ago, smithie said:

What an excellent gesture by Andy Crosby yesterday, when he came out to tell the fans they might as well go home. 

He was most likely thoroughly fed up, with him and his players having travelled the night before only to see all the preparations go to waste.

For all he knew, the fans he spoke could have been the ones calling for his head a couple of weeks ago but he put that to one side. It was shameful that it took Reading so long to announce it.

For this and plenty of other reasons, Andy Crosby deserves respect and l hope he'll be with us for a long time.

Hugs and kisses?

Archived