onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

40 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Having to better the results of basically Burton and Cheltenham to stay up doesn’t sound like much of an ask really. Frankly if we can’t do that, we deserve to go down. 

Definitely between the 3 of us fighting for 2 spots, thought Cheltenham would win today but can see in their next 4 games, them winning 3, they have Carlisle and Bristol Rovers at home who are dreadful lately and a Orient side on the beach and a woeful Burton away, minimum we need is 4 wins, can see us finishing ahead of Burton but think Cheltenham will send us down.

• Like 2

Advert

I'm trying not to be a killjoy but rather I'm preparing myself for the inevitable. 

We have won 2 in our last 17 league games. Suddenly people expect us to win 4 homes in a row when we have one of the worst home records in the division. 

The hope kills you. Can't wait for it to be all over .

• Like 6

It seems such a tall order to win at least 2 or 3 games, but then we have to hope that Cheltenham don’t pick up points with their games in hand. I think it’s going to come down to 4 out of the current bottom 5 sides. Cambridge, reading and Shrewsbury on 45 and 46 probably only need another win to be safe. 

I've seen the highlights -pathetic attempts on goal versus pathetic marking...not getting goal side.

Then I listen to the managers comments.Repeats the same thing over and over...

We have managed 8 points out of 33 under his tenure. I thought 48 points would make us safe,now I think it's 50. That's 11 points out of 18 needed. Yesterday was a massive opportunity to actually climb out of the relegation zone. I can't see it happening 

14 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Definitely between the 3 of us fighting for 2 spots, thought Cheltenham would win today but can see in their next 4 games, them winning 3, they have Carlisle and Bristol Rovers at home who are dreadful lately and a Orient side on the beach and a woeful Burton away, minimum we need is 4 wins, can see us finishing ahead of Burton but think Cheltenham will send us down.

Carlisle whopped Posh 3-1 away last week!  It's a topsy turvy time of the season.  You never know what will happen! 

Wigan sat Burton got a draw there hope springs eternal if we take our chances and defend properly

Peterborough well there pretty good let's hope they have drank too much after final of pizza trophy 

I think then we have Exeter hard game 

Then Wycombe who if game was played on original day they would have won has it got called off in suspicious circumstances ,oh yeah that's on a Tues aswell oh my going watch Vale under the lights has being so poor for so long you wonder if the players are scared of the dark .

Bolton away banged 5 in v Reading who beat us 2-0 

Last away game of season and probably one if not the hardest. 

Cambridge at home last game generally Vale are absolutely woeful last home game for many seasons 

Yesterday's giveaway changes everything really needed win that, o to lose it I feel has generally stuck one of the last lives we had in us .

I sense the worst now yesterday was overall extremely damaging 

Folk saying we were going for equaliser but you don't concede another when your goal difference is -25 .

Dreadful -26 

I never wanted see league 2 again .

Be really annoyed if we end up back there .

What percentage of chance do we have .

Gutted for owners if do go down 

It's being bar the odd high a shocker of a season .

Why do Vale fans get punished after just a couple of happy years continually .

They deserve better 

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

I won't be, I will hold them responsible for their insane devotion to Flitcroft, and which went on for so long despite the obvious need to replace him. So much so, that we are now up against it and this loss is a big deal if we want to stay up...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

I won't be, I will hold them responsible for their insane devotion to Flitcroft, and which went on for so long despite the obvious need to replace him. So much so, that we are now up against it and this loss is a big deal if we want to stay up...

Yep this is Carol’s mess. Anyone running the club knows the lack of strikers was an issue but kept going along with it all season long before committing mega money to a proven manager for 5.5 years. 

Plus anyone who enjoys watching good football would be incredibly depressed by this season. Carol I guess isn’t a fan of watching good football. 

15 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Wigan sat Burton got a draw there hope springs eternal if we take our chances and defend properly

Peterborough Tues there you go the word Tuesday means they be tired .

We ain't won a league game on Tues for 2 years the only hope I have is that they win the pizza thing and drink themselves silly (posh players think that's this Sun).

I think then we have Exeter hard game 

Then Wycombe who if game was played on original day they would have won has it got called off in suspicious circumstances ,oh yeah that's on a Tues aswell oh my going watch Vale under the lights has being so poor for so long you wonder if the players are scared of the dark .

Bolton away banged 5 in v Reading who beat us 2-0 

Last away game of season and probably one if not the hardest. 

Cambridge at home last game generally Vale are absolutely woeful last home game for many seasons 

Yesterday's giveaway changes everything really needed win that, o to lose it I feel has generally stuck one of the last lives we had in us .

I sense the worst now yesterday was overall extremely damaging 

Folk saying we were going for equaliser but you don't concede another when your goal difference is -25 .

Dreadful -26 

I never wanted see league 2 again .

Be really annoyed if we end up back there .

What percentage of chance do we have .

It's being bar the odd high a shocker of a season .

Why do Vale fans get punished after just a couple of happy years continually .

They deserve better 

Last league win on a Tuesday,  Salford April 2022. Last home league win on a Tuesday,  Mansfield March 2022.

Probably played maybe 10 to 15 night games since ?

Either way it's abysmal. 

Yep this is Carol’s mess. Anyone running the club knows the lack of strikers was an issue but kept going along with it all season long before committing mega money to a proven manager for 5.5 years. 

Plus anyone who enjoys watching good football would be incredibly depressed by this season. Carol I guess isn’t a fan of watching good football. 
Or she backed and trusted a DOF to look after 'all things football'. The same DOF that got us promoted, there were levels of trust and achievement associated to the following season as a result of promotion and I suppose this season as well.
Obviously it hasn't worked and the DOF is now gone.
Maybe the DOF convinced her that we had enough about the team and signings not to find ourselves in our current situation. We will never truely know other than speculation and rumours.
Lessons from naivety will well and truely of been learnt.
It is what it is.
UTV