onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forgotten players from our past

Granville

4 hours ago, Gora Vale said:

I remember a girl telling me once she got chatted up once at Sammi Belles 'I'm Lee Harwood,  I play for Port Vale' she replied 'my dad used to play for Port Vale' , Lee said 'when was that' , 'when they were good' she replied 

Lee Harwood never played a first-team game

Advert

On 15/08/2023 at 13:48, The French Connection said:

Last I looked, 2+2=4, suspect you may have leapt to a 5 there. 

On 26/08/2023 at 16:51, WV said:

Seems like Crosby doesn’t like to gamble in the first half. Keep it tight, stay in the game and assess at half time. Then second half outclass the oppo manager and take home the 3 points. 

On 27/12/2023 at 20:44, andy jones said:

I certainly aren't endorsing him, although I am sure i would love it if he proved me wrong,

I started the thread because there has to be a reason why he is still in the job.

The only reason i can come up with is that Carol and Flitcroft are thinking longer term than the results since the first international break.

Hence the continuing, no Plan B 'Vale Way' is not based on the match in hand it's all part of a bigger picture to bring youngsters through fully trained in a style of football that befits the modern day Championship and Prem teams.

Unfortunately, IMHO a number of the senior players do not have the confidence or ability to play that system well.

But sticking to, and implementing, the bigger picture is what Flitcroft and Carol are doing and they believe Crosby is the right man for the job. I think they are loath to change the structure or personnel unless the trap-door beckons.

They may well be proven right in the long run. I hope so.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Lee Harwood never played a first-team game

As it's pantomime season, 'oh yes he did'

Archived