onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Correct .

And as it filters down the leagues you end up with Agricultural defenders who can't pass a ball 10 yards and look clumsy in doing so. 

It's alien to them. All fine and well playing that way but ultimately you only score in the opposition half. 

I just think this ' philosophy ' we are buying into is too much of a skillset for League one players.

Get back to basics. Defenders defend. 

Other than maybe Dean Glover all those years ago our defence are not Beckenbauer or Maldini.

More your Gary Pollard and Zak Mills. 

Agricultural defenders 😂😂

Advert

18 minutes ago, Emile said:

No no, my response was to what was said, not your post my friend.

It's fine friend but a good example of potentially looking for excuses by DF. For me, I want to buy in and, yes, thefootball has been better. But on Saturday and many other occasions we were/ are weak and simply offer nothing. The old sayings are the best "You can fool some people some of the time - But you can't fool all of the people ALL of the time". I hope I'm wrong but tbh I've been around the game and Vale a long time....

47 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Since DC got sacked by the club, every now & again, the club have had a bit of a subtle dig at him in some interviews & at forums

They have Brian. Also heard stories of many long-serving employees who were dismissed. Seems a bit of a closed shop, for me, there are may things that stick out that are much worse - The Club Shop/ Ticketing/ Scanners/ Paddock  - Oh and Recruitment!

8 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

The problem I have with "Crosby Out" is that IF the way we now seem to be playing is the way forward for the club as a whole, then any new manager/coach would have to buy into that concept and toe the line.

How many of the managers that are out there will do that, working under a DOF and adhering to the policy whilst also doing so with the current squad ?

I'm not saying we carry on as we are, something is fundamentally wrong with the way we are setting up.

This idea of bringing through young lads from the Academy and selling them for profit may be great for the Bank Account, but if it's at the detriment to the League status and product on the pitch then fans are clearly going to be upset and possibly leave and not return.

Similarly these young lads on loan from Premier League clubs, one or two are fine but it's Division 3 football, men against boys and can we keep hoping that each loan lad will turn out to be a Devine or Arblaster ?

It's a fine balancing act and obviously finances dictate the size of squad, along with the quality and wages we can pay.

Crosby, for all I can see is doing the best he can with the tools available. It's not great and the problems are there for all to see.

20 games to go, 60 points on offer.

In my view Crosby should stay as I can't see anyone else doing any better with what we have. 

i disagree. there are managers out there who can get more out of less. crosby isnt one of them.

On the style of play. I thought Ripley played long ball quite often v Portsmouth. We were not just playing out from the back. In fact I would go as far as to say that Uche got badly roughed up and injured as the target man and this was a major failing of the referee. From the kick off, watching from the Lorne Street stand, Portsmouth were really out to get him. This was obvious and the clown referee did nothing about it. 

I thought we did well at defending our box. Portsmouth did exploit the space behind Massey and Grant. Portsmouth controlled the game with 567 v 307 passes. Part of that is because they are a good side. But partly it was because we were not good enough in midfield. The two young loan players were out of their depth against a team this strong physically and in skill. 

Actually I thought Crosby did OK as the manager on Saturday. They were much the better team, but we could have got a draw had the ref called the tackle on Chislett prior to the pen as a foul. Everyone round me was outraged a foul wasn't given. But .... what do we know. The ref was consistent in letting some challenges go earlier in the match.

The main reason Chislett lost the ball was because he was taking responsibility by getting on the ball regularly and dribbling. He was up to Portsmouth's level. Most of the rest of our team are not. 

16 minutes ago, Warren said:

On the style of play. I thought Ripley played long ball quite often v Portsmouth. We were not just playing out from the back. In fact I would go as far as to say that Uche got badly roughed up and injured as the target man and this was a major failing of the referee. From the kick off, watching from the Lorne Street stand, Portsmouth were really out to get him. This was obvious and the clown referee did nothing about it. 

I thought we did well at defending our box. Portsmouth did exploit the space behind Massey and Grant. Portsmouth controlled the game with 567 v 307 passes. Part of that is because they are a good side. But partly it was because we were not good enough in midfield. The two young loan players were out of their depth against a team this strong physically and in skill. 

Actually I thought Crosby did OK as the manager on Saturday. They were much the better team, but we could have got a draw had the ref called the tackle on Chislett prior to the pen as a foul. Everyone round me was outraged a foul wasn't given. But .... what do we know. The ref was consistent in letting some challenges go earlier in the match.

The main reason Chislett lost the ball was because he was taking responsibility by getting on the ball regularly and dribbling. He was up to Portsmouth's level. Most of the rest of our team are not. 

Let’s be honest, we deserved to lose about 4-0. Cowardly performance.

49 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Let’s be honest, we deserved to lose about 4-0. Cowardly performance.

But we didn't lose 4-0. We conceded 20 shots, 6 on target. Ripley played well. Up front we definitely had issues with only 7 shots and 0 on target. To me Portsmouth were similar to Middlesbrough. There is a big jump in standard of play between top of L1 / Championship and mid / lower table L1 where we are. I don't see how we can bridge that gap with the size of club Port Vale is. We need to hang in there and try to finish mid table. 

I thought Wrexham got a dose of reality last night losing 4-1 at Blackburn. It's not just us that faces this gap. Wouldn't it be interesting if Stoke get relegated. Would need police in the away stand toilets, but it would be a game to savour. 7 points above the drop presently. 

23 hours ago, pete vale said:

They have Brian. Also heard stories of many long-serving employees who were dismissed. Seems a bit of a closed shop, for me, there are may things that stick out that are much worse - The Club Shop/ Ticketing/ Scanners/ Paddock  - Oh and Recruitment!

I always felt a bit uneasy with Carol's public/Twitter admirations of Darrell, mainly because it's almost certain that at some stage as an owner you'll have to sack the manager! 

What went on with DC towards the end we'll never know but I doubt we'll see such a public love-in again under Carol. That's no slight on CS who has frequently said she's learning all the time, as we all are hopefully.    

I'll say it now. With the squad available to him for the second half of the season, if we stay in this division then Crosby deserves a lot of credit.

If we struggle to pick up results then I for one will not be blaming the manager (head coach).

So let's all get behind Andy and the lads. Give them the support they need to perform to their best. Everyone (including the fans) needs to give their all in this battle to survive!!!!

I've been one of the more vocal Crosby out posters on here.

That being said, if he keeps this squad in the league, he deserves an immense amount of credit.

He's been dealt a shambolic hand by his boss, just as his predecessor was. A cobbled together striker force, no wingback cover, lack of depth in midfield. He deserves a medal if we finish where we are right now.

David Flitcroft, get the fck out of our club.

Flitcroft obviously thinks Gore is the big coup, as I haven't seen him photographed with other players upon signing (maybe he has, I don't know.)

Losing to Portsmouth after 3 weeks out is one thing, but we have easier games coming up.

Archived