onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

The problem I have with "Crosby Out" is that IF the way we now seem to be playing is the way forward for the club as a whole, then any new manager/coach would have to buy into that concept and toe the line.

How many of the managers that are out there will do that, working under a DOF and adhering to the policy whilst also doing so with the current squad ?

I'm not saying we carry on as we are, something is fundamentally wrong with the way we are setting up.

This idea of bringing through young lads from the Academy and selling them for profit may be great for the Bank Account, but if it's at the detriment to the League status and product on the pitch then fans are clearly going to be upset and possibly leave and not return.

Similarly these young lads on loan from Premier League clubs, one or two are fine but it's Division 3 football, men against boys and can we keep hoping that each loan lad will turn out to be a Devine or Arblaster ?

It's a fine balancing act and obviously finances dictate the size of squad, along with the quality and wages we can pay.

Crosby, for all I can see is doing the best he can with the tools available. It's not great and the problems are there for all to see.

20 games to go, 60 points on offer.

In my view Crosby should stay as I can't see anyone else doing any better with what we have. 

Advert

46 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I pray that we beat Fleetwood and Crosby proves me wrong but my biggest fear is we lose and Saturday becomes a Jim Gannon moment at Accrington !!

We are close on selling out and a defeat may turn the away end very toxic.

Sorry but just don't see us winning many games now.  The better players are out injured and we are playing like a team who don't know each other and making mistakes which allows opposition to score from.  The forwards are not scoring or even looking like scoring.

This window is closing shortly and if we don't bring in a striker with experience we are lets say "Doomed Mr Mainwaring Doomed".  League 2 here we come.  So much for getting Championship ready.

14 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I think the weakest link is Flitcroft. I don’t mind Crosby, I think he is doing better than many with far stronger squads. I do think Flitcroft’s recruitment strategy is completely flawed however. It is clear that this prem loans strategy is something he owns and if it fails, he should walk. 

Something that DF said at the Thursday 'love-in' (forum) - When talking academy development and the signing of Premier youth until such time our own youngsters provide income aiding fees for players, he stated quite clearly that DC (Clarke) did not share the same belief's and indeed would not take the chance on playing youth. He insisted on signing and playing experienced pro's?

Does that not point the finger at DF and the whole 'vision' of the club being on the same page and sharing the way forward with the plan/ process?

Things like that were missed leading me to become sceptical sadly.

Think back to how they all lauded DC.

When all said and done - WE HAVE NEEDED A STRIKER FOR THE LAST x4 WINDOWS AT LEAST.

Lose at Fleetwood and the the good ship "HMS P*ss this tin pot league" may indeed be sunk without trace taking with it all the ideologies and grandure expressed by those in charge. Football is a simple game - remember that. Business is common sense. Both these factors are often over-complicated by those who 'think' they know better.

17 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

The problem I have with "Crosby Out" is that IF the way we now seem to be playing is the way forward for the club as a whole, then any new manager/coach would have to buy into that concept and toe the line.

How many of the managers that are out there will do that, working under a DOF and adhering to the policy whilst also doing so with the current squad ?

I'm not saying we carry on as we are, something is fundamentally wrong with the way we are setting up.

This idea of bringing through young lads from the Academy and selling them for profit may be great for the Bank Account, but if it's at the detriment to the League status and product on the pitch then fans are clearly going to be upset and possibly leave and not return.

Similarly these young lads on loan from Premier League clubs, one or two are fine but it's Division 3 football, men against boys and can we keep hoping that each loan lad will turn out to be a Devine or Arblaster ?

It's a fine balancing act and obviously finances dictate the size of squad, along with the quality and wages we can pay.

Crosby, for all I can see is doing the best he can with the tools available. It's not great and the problems are there for all to see.

In my view Crosby should stay as I can't see anyone else doing any better with what we have. 

I don’t disagree re the philosophy and I personally think our recruitment is shocking. But even with that Crosby needs to do more than 3 wins in 19. I’d rather Flitcroft go personally, but 3 in 19 isn’t acceptable and I do think at any other club, he would have been sacked.

I don’t agree with the last paragraph though. There are so many brilliant managers out there, lots that would actually want this philosophy, Crosby has to do better than 3 in 19. And the recruitment team need to provide him with better players across the squad. 

DF is the weakest link and sadly some have once again been hoodwinked with the numerous young prem loanees and the rubbish he spouted on Thursday. Personally I’d love Crosby to turn us around, I like him and if we perform as we did against Blackpool and Charlton attacking wise then we have a chance, but I’m not confident, there’s too many games this season that suggest he can’t. 

21 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Michael Duff

I've mentioned before Crosby's issue is unless we somehow finish with a flourish(here's hoping for a minor miracle!) and get above say 14th-16th I genuinely don't think he makes it to the start of next season as manager.  The lack of ST sales will take care of him on that score.  I appreciate our budget is probably somewhere around that mark but I simply don't think finishing 16th-20th in League One and limping over the line(after staying up last season similarly) will cut it with enough supporters.

I'm not a fan of Crosby personally but I can see he's potentially been hamstrung by having to use the loan market(more than permanent), play our own youngsters(not saying either source is a bad thing or bad players just they have their pitfalls) and probably more pertently the club currently don't want to spend the money on those 1 or 2 classier players(i.e. a striker) we may need to do better.

Should we go down I think Flitcroft and Crosby would need dragging out as I dread to think the feeling amongst supporters may get a bit nasty.

The problem with his style of play is it’s all possession in the wrong area of the pitch. However I’ve recently spoken to a MUFC ST holder and a Norwich Coty fan and they say that the same style of play has been adopted by their clubs, it’s a pandemic for the game.This for me is an elite style of play requiring the best players and it can only be played at the moment by Liverpool and MCFC, possibly Arsenal certainly not anyone else. It originated at Barca with Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. It needs to be canned, NOW.

27 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Something that DF said at the Thursday 'love-in' (forum) - When talking academy development and the signing of Premier youth until such time our own youngsters provide income aiding fees for players, he stated quite clearly that DC (Clarke) did not share the same belief's and indeed would not take the chance on playing youth. He insisted on signing and playing experienced pro's?

Does that not point the finger at DF and the whole 'vision' of the club being on the same page and sharing the way forward with the plan/ process?

Things like that were missed leading me to become sceptical sadly.

Think back to how they all lauded DC.

When all said and done - WE HAVE NEEDED A STRIKER FOR THE LAST x4 WINDOWS AT LEAST.

Lose at Fleetwood and the the good ship "HMS P*ss this tin pot league" may indeed be sunk without trace taking with it all the ideologies and grandure expressed by those in charge. Football is a simple game - remember that. Business is common sense. Both these factors are often over-complicated by those who 'think' they know better.

Clarke was the one giving these players who we are all lauding up their debuts. Trying to say that Clarke was the problem last season is rewriting the history books. 

41 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Most clubs at league 1 have a DOF/technical director/sporting director (they’re all the same). They don’t seem to have any problems hiring managers to play their way.

How can you possibly think no one would do better. At the moment it’s not really possible to do much worse.

8 minutes ago, Emile said:

Clarke was the one giving these players who we are all lauding up their debuts. Trying to say that Clarke was the problem last season is rewriting the history books. 

I'm not pointing the finger at Clarke, merely quoting what was said. I thought they were 'all in bed together'?

Easy to pass the buck

6 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I'm not pointing the finger at Clarke, merely quoting what was said. I thought they were 'all in bed together'?

Easy to pass the buck

Since DC got sacked by the club, every now & again, the club have had a bit of a subtle dig at him in some interviews & at forums

33 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

The problem with his style of play is it’s all possession in the wrong area of the pitch. However I’ve recently spoken to a MUFC ST holder and a Norwich Coty fan and they say that the same style of play has been adopted by their clubs, it’s a pandemic for the game.This for me is an elite style of play requiring the best players and it can only be played at the moment by Liverpool and MCFC, possibly Arsenal certainly not anyone else. It originated at Barca with Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. It needs to be canned, NOW.

Correct .

And as it filters down the leagues you end up with Agricultural defenders who can't pass a ball 10 yards and look clumsy in doing so. 

It's alien to them. All fine and well playing that way but ultimately you only score in the opposition half. 

I just think this ' philosophy ' we are buying into is too much of a skillset for League one players.

Get back to basics. Defenders defend. 

Other than maybe Dean Glover all those years ago our defence are not Beckenbauer or Maldini.

More your Gary Pollard and Zak Mills. 

24 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Easy to pass the buck

No no, my response was to what was said, not your post my friend.

Archived