onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey really that hard done to?

Chopper Harris

Advert

So what should we all do then? What is the point of going over the same old ground about Micky Adams time after time. He's been done to death now & it's boring.

Like you say Adams is our Manager, lets support him while he is then, not ridicule him over a fans forum because he didn't want to pose for a photo. Judge him on what he's paid to do, manage.

If you read the rest of my posts that is what i have done judge him on what he has done and i have criticised him for areas where i think he deserves it.

He certainly isn't being ridiculed, it has just been pointed out that maybe he should have posed for the photograph.

Are we going over old ground? Is it boring? If it is so boring Mark how come you have posted so frequently about MA in the last few weeks :) .

I'm not interested in him posing for photos. He gets critised on here enoug so why shouldn't he decide to distance himself from OVF? Especially as this forum is the minority and not the majority of Vale fans ( a generally well informed minority but forums tend to attract those with strong opinions).

I believe Micky's team would have reached the play offs last season if we could have retained loan players and strengthened in January, instead all loanee's were returned.

The retained list argument is a joke. He had to offer more players contracts to ensure we had a team to start the season. MA has stated that if circumstances had been different then so would his retained list. Haldane has 6 months and Pope a year to prove themselves.

I don't Think MA is asking anyone to feel sorry for him. It was an extremely tough year last year which would have impacted on any sane persons outlook on their job. Personally I'm very pleased MA is still with us.

Inny

Not sure what you are saying here but it sounds like we can expect to forget this season before we have started.

Last season we were not good enough

We needed strengthening but could not do so

We have lost some of our better players

We have had to re-sign players purely for numbers, not that they are good enough

Are we going to sign 5 / 7 new players - all of which MUST strengthen the first 11 and not be squad players

Without this i feel we will struggle to make an impact. Then again we dont have to worry. M A wouldnt have signed them had he not been forced to. Are we saying dont bother with a season ticket this year and wait until next.

Remember, this time last year , M A was happy with his additions to the squad too. All 6 untried youngsters with no experience. I certainly didnt believe we were strong enough.

Lets wait and see who we sign ????? fingers crossed that K.R. comes good with the money and M A knows what he is doing ??????????????????

Strange post.

I hate the "Oh he's employed in football so hasn't got a right to say anything negative" line. It's boring and wrong.

Many of the criticisms are unfair. The Gillingham thread was so pathetic that it's untrue. As were the threads at the time that basically said he was as bad as MOLD.

Fact is, he has a team of players that for the past few seasons haven't quite been playoff standard (not by much though) so does that mean he should release any player he can and sign 20 new ones every time we don't meet expectations? No. The retained list could have been more cut throat, but for me we have a squad at the moment, before we actually have the team that is good enough to get promotion. Judge him when the transfer window closes. If we get the 5-6 players he is after then I honestly don't see why we can't build up momentum and get out of this league. With backing from upstairs, and for once in years he's actually got the backing of 100% of the fans who are just excited to finally be able to get a season where football is the priority.

I love Rico but the positive side side to his depature is now we can try something different, Pope can step up and knows that he can be the main man if he starts well. Williamson will also have that mentality as Rigg has gone also. We're not going to be limited to having richards up front, which I know sounds ridiculous but it did mean that he had to adapt and play differently than we could have done, he was a bit of everything, he wasn't the target man, wasn't the poacher, wasn't the speedster, but scored goals so had to play. Didn't really have that killer partnership with anyone that would have certainly seen us in the playoffs.

I can't really see how Micky has failed at all so far in the circumstances.

And I think he is well within his right to not go out of his way for a website where a big minority of people can't wait to see him fail, so they can say I told you so.

How's about letting him do his job?

Make your mind up.You say that he has backing from 100% of the fans.Then a big minority can't wait to see him fail.

To be honest I wass taking the post at the start very serioussy and saw it as inciteful until i read the following

"Mickey has quite clearly not liked the criticism that he has received on OVF and i have a feeling that he does come on here and read what is posted even if he says he doesn't."

After that it lost me as it's accusing the man of being a liar based on a 'feeling' and so the whole basis of the criticism is undermined which is a pity.

If Micky Adams reads this site then he shouldn't deny it in the press. If he doesn't read the site then he is foolish to have an opinion on it.

If you read the rest of my posts that is what i have done judge him on what he has done and i have criticised him for areas where i think he deserves it.

He certainly isn't being ridiculed, it has just been pointed out that maybe he should have posed for the photograph.

Are we going over old ground? Is it boring? If it is so boring Mark how come you have posted so frequently about MA in the last few weeks :) .

Your right, why have i been posting on these silly threads? I'l refrain from now on & save myself a headache. ;)

So MA has a problem with OVF and the people who use it.Thats fair enough it's his choice(even though he doesn't read it).It might be worth him remembering if it wasn't for these very people then there is every chance that MOLD would still be running the club.Running the club with no money,no vision,falling fan base.Now we are on the eve of a new era for the club.With a new owner at the helm.This new owner is giving him more money for his squad rebuilding than he had before.That will improve the chances of promotion,making his cv look a little better if promotion is gained.But he want to give the impression that he is against these very people who have helped him.

And I think he is well within his right to not go out of his way for a website where a big minority of people can't wait to see him fail, so they can say I told you so.

How's about letting him do his job?

Are you saying that Adams is immune from criticism or that he doesn't deserve it?

What's a "big minority?" 49%?

OVF has been the only credible mouthpiece for Vale fans for many years. If Adams can't at least recognise that there's no hope.

Micky Adams has come out and admitted in the press that he knows of criticism on internet forums so how can we be accused of calling him a liar and undermining him?

He knows about us. End of. If he doesnt like the people who pay him his huge wages having an opinion then he's in the wrong job as far as im concerned.

"I have a feeling that he does come on here and read what is posted even if he says he doesn't."

That's accusing him of being a liar

We don't pay his wages, the board/company do/does..a technicality but an important one

It's not about us having an opinion it was about spreading rumours and stating things as fact that weren't known to be fact. I can understand him bei ng unhappy with that..and now above he's accused of being a liar. I can understand him being unhappy about that

Leave him to get on with his job and judge him on the pitch

If Micky Adams reads this site then he shouldn't deny it in the press. If he doesn't read the site then he is foolish to have an opinion on it.

Eh? He's denied he reads OVF so I assume that he's telling the truth. What do you mean "If Micky Adams reads this site"? he doesn't. Or are you making out he is lying when he says that he doesn't?

As he doesn't then he gets his info on the site from what are to him relaible sources and I've no issue with that.

Eh? He's denied he reads OVF so I assume that he's telling the truth. What do you mean "If Micky Adams reads this site"? he doesn't. Or are you making out he is lying when he says that he doesn't?

As he doesn't then he gets his info on the site from what are to him relaible sources and I've no issue with that.

Well it is my understanding that BL reads this site daily and keeps track of what is being said and by who.

Well it is my understanding that BL reads this site daily and keeps track of what is being said and by who.

Really? What does he expect to do with that information? Hand out banning orders? As soon as KR comes in, I hope he is first out of the door.

Archived