onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey really that hard done to?

Chopper Harris

You have quite clearly said "He has said that he does not reads OVF so that's good enough for me". He hasn't said this. He said football forums. At the time he made that statement he might not have even known OVF existed. You are speculating as much as i am. It is not unreasonable to speculate that he could have been talking about OVF. Who knows?

I never said that MA had lied or was a liar. There is a very distinct difference between this and speculating based on feeling. You obviously haven't read my earlier posts as it quite clearly states why.

1. He has gone to the press to make a statement against fans when he hasn't actually checked what has been said himself.

2. He refused to have a photography just because someone wanted it for OVF.

Both these are quite strong feelings to have just based on hearsay.

3. The contradiction of reasons for why he left the Directors post. Mickey said that he had resigned. Stan Meigh said that he had actually pulled the plug.

For these reasons it is not unreasonable to at least ask the question. I am not calling him a liar and i have never claimed it as i have no proof. I am speculating as to whether he has actually gone on to the forum. This is not unreasonable. You seem to have a problem with speculating. In the real world not everything is always in black and white.

You are extremely naive.

Advert

You have quite clearly said "He has said that he does not reads OVF so that's good enough for me". He hasn't said this. He said football forums.

Which means that he has said that he does not read OVF for it is a football forum

At the time he made that statement he might not have even known OVF existed.

Yet more speculation...if he didn't then he can't possibly have come on here can he

You are speculating as much as i am.

I am not.. he has stated that he does not read forums..OVF is a forum..I have no evidence at all that he reads oVF the only fact we have is the facts of what he said

It is not unreasonable to speculate that he could have been talking about OVF. Who knows?

We know what he said..why do you doubt it? What is there to speculate on?

I never said that MA had lied or was a liar. There is a very distinct difference between this and speculating based on feeling. You obviously haven't read my earlier posts as it quite clearly states why.[/QUOtE]

You did "i have a feeling that he does come on here and read what is posted even if he says he doesn't". How is that not accusing him of being a liar?

he has gone to the press to make a statement against fans when he hasn't actually checked what has been said himself."

True. No dispute on that from what I can gather

He refused to have a photography just because someone wanted it for OVF.

True..if the poster on that is to be believed..like me you believe it

Both these are quite strong feelings to have just based on hearsay.

Indeed they are..does not mean that they are not based on hearsay

3. The contradiction of reasons for why he left the Directors post. Mickey said that he had resigned. Stan Meigh said that he had actually pulled the plug.

Do you know who told the truth? Why are you so willing to believe one and not the other?

For these reasons it is not unreasonable to at least ask the question. I am not calling him a liar and i have never claimed it as i have no proof.

"i have a feeling that he does come on here and read what is posted even if he says he doesn't"

Thats is not asking a question...you are saying that he does something that he has said he does not do

I am speculating as to whether he has actually gone on to the forum. This is not unreasonable. You seem to have a problem with speculating. In the real world not everything is always in black and white.

I find it entirely unreasonable to speculate when he has clealry stated that he has not.

Claims that I don't operate in the real world are so far off ther mark you have no idea..you could not be more wrong

Why widen this..why not keep to this issue ? MA has made statements, you are claiming that he is lying

You are extremely naive.

You are entirely wrong about me

I ask you again why when he has clealry stated that he does not go on football forums do you claim

"i have a feeling that he does come on here and read what is posted even if he says he doesn't"

Is Micky Adams Hard done by? -

Lets have a look at what he is paid a very considerable amount of money for and then lets have the debate. Micky Adams is the Public Face of Port Vale Football Club, He is also the voice of Port Vale Football Club, as he is the manager of PVFC. His job is to put a team on the pitch that the paying public would be happy to support, knowing that they could have a great season. His Job is to speak about the performance of the team with all media bth local and national. His job is to stand there and have a photo taken for the same media outlets should he need it. The Media are the non paying customers, or if you look at it from a CI point of view thet are ENVA, Essential Non Value Add. We must have the media but they add nothing to the club in terms of financial value.

Lets look at us, the value add, the paying public, the real customers. Part of Mickys job is also PR because as mentioned earlier he is the public face of the club. If a fan wants an autograph or a photo, Micky has the right to say no, but from a PR point of view its not a good image for himself or the club that he is seen as aloof or moody.

Every manager in history (even fergie) is or has been subject to critisism at some point, because there is always some bloke or bird that thinks they can pick a better first 11 or do a better retained list, or magically sign all the ideal players we need. Sorry but its something that he has to expect, much the same as the rumours of his departures, re-signings, contract talks etc its all subject to speculation and should be dealt with as such.

Every Micky Adams interview I have seen both for and not for the Vae has been difficult for the interviewer. I remember seeing one blooper reel from his lester days when Manish from the BBC was interviewing him and trying to congratulate him on the birth of his child, all Micky could be was crude to the point that Manish called a halt to the interview. He has to get better because sometimes its just embarrasing.

Sorry Mick but i think you could be a great football manager, but there are other facets to football management that you dont do so well, we need to see a major improvement on those aspects next year, because I dont think this new fella will stand any messing.

Lets have a look at what he is paid a very considerable amount of money for and then lets have the debate. Micky Adams is the Public Face of Port Vale Football Club, He is also the voice of Port Vale Football Club, as he is the manager of PVFC. His job is to put a team on the pitch that the paying public would be happy to support, knowing that they could have a great season.

Well I reckon that's debatable...his job is to put out the best teams that he can within the restrictions he iw working within to try and win matches. I don't think "knowing that they could have a great season" comes into it

His Job is to speak about the performance of the team with all media bth local and national.

I'd agree that is part of his job

His job is to stand there and have a photo taken for the same media outlets should he need it. The Media are the non paying customers, or if you look at it from a CI point of view thet are ENVA, Essential Non Value Add. We must have the media but they add nothing to the club in terms of financial value.

Again i think that is debatable..yes it's part of his job but such things should be organised by the club..he should not just respond to every media request just cos he's the manager.

Lets look at us, the value add, the paying public, the real customers. Part of Mickys job is also PR because as mentioned earlier he is the public face of the club. If a fan wants an autograph or a photo, Micky has the right to say no, but from a PR point of view its not a good image for himself or the club that he is seen as aloof or moody.

But that interpretation of him being aloof or moody is in the head of the person "asking the question"....there are a million reasons why he might say no.

Every manager in history (even fergie) is or has been subject to critisism at some point, because there is always some bloke or bird that thinks they can pick a better first 11 or do a better retained list, or magically sign all the ideal players we need. Sorry but its something that he has to expect, much the same as the rumours of his departures, re-signings, contract talks etc its all subject to speculation and should be dealt with as such.

Agreed but I'd not be happy if I heard that on an MB people were accysing me of lying..for me that takes it onto a different level

Every Micky Adams interview I have seen both for and not for the Vae has been difficult for the interviewer. I remember seeing one blooper reel from his lester days when Manish from the BBC was interviewing him and trying to congratulate him on the birth of his child, all Micky could be was crude to the point that Manish called a halt to the interview. He has to get better because sometimes its just embarrasing.

Up to the club to address this and perhaps give him some media training.

Sorry Mick but i think you could be a great football manager, but there are other facets to football management that you dont do so well, we need to see a major improvement on those aspects next year, because I dont think this new fella will stand any messing.

I don't think any of it will matter if we are doing well on the pitch

Lets have a look at what he is paid a very considerable amount of money for and then lets have the debate. Micky Adams is the Public Face of Port Vale Football Club, He is also the voice of Port Vale Football Club, as he is the manager of PVFC. His job is to put a team on the pitch that the paying public would be happy to support, knowing that they could have a great season. His Job is to speak about the performance of the team with all media bth local and national. His job is to stand there and have a photo taken for the same media outlets should he need it. The Media are the non paying customers, or if you look at it from a CI point of view thet are ENVA, Essential Non Value Add. We must have the media but they add nothing to the club in terms of financial value.

Talking to the press is something Micky has clearly never been very good at. It didn't hamper him at Leicester though and Leicester fans believe that Micky left due to constant berating from the fans about various things. Is that something that we want to do to? Push Micky out the door?

Here is an interview when he took over Coventry, typical Micky. However I don't think how you do in press conferences has any bearing on how you do on the pitch but if some of you think that then fair enough.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/sky-blue-saturday/tm_objectid=15103776&method=full&siteid=50003&headline=adams-in-shock-broadside-name_page.html

a post from a Leicester fan on one of their forums about Micky

Of all of our ex-bosses, Micky Adams is certainly the best and i'm sure the fans hold no bad feeling toward him.

He had absolutely ridiculous obstacles in his way when he was here but still managed to get us promoted convincingly and very nearly kept us up.

When he left we were only 4 points off the play offs and we had a pretty decent squad.

Unfortunately since he left he's not been particularly successful.

So how come our fans (and i use the word fans in the lightest sense) have such issues with him. I agree with werstayinup and conclude that PVFC have a higher percentage of ****ers following than the average club. Perhaps not in the stands but certainly on this message board. The other one is nowhere near as bad.

Some of the comments aimed at MA on here are frankly ridiculous..all sorts of speculation about him based on nothing. OK they could be true but I could speculate that he's a goat botherer who likes to frequent http://www.goatsinundies.co.uk and then justify it by saying "Aren't I free to speculate" after all it might be true.

I find it all rather pathetic

I think we could speculate if certain posters on this thread are even Vale fans at all. I mean, I don't know any Vale fans that are not massive fans of MA. The ones I go to the match with all love Micky, it seems to me the ones that don't like MA are the ones who don't even go. Funny that isn't it. MOstly serial moaners too.

I dont think that the media ever had a trouble with John Rudge, or Brian Horton even Lee Sinnot (however bad he was as a manager) new how to work the media. Ive met John Rudge and Brian Horton n numerous occasions and when I have they have given their time freely and with no quarms, whether that be for a photo, autograph or chat about there time at the club. Brian Horton held court with numerous Vale fans when he came here with Macc last season, only to happy to stop and chat.

I dont dispute Micky Adams is a good football man and I dont doubt that he may get us close this season with a free reign and no hold backs, however that is just a small percentage of his job. Port Vale is a community club its llife source is the small amount of fans that comes through its gates, if you want to keep them and try and get more you have to have a good product on the pitch and a good welcoming public face behind the scenes.

Next year Id like to see the club take on more responsibiloities for that side of things, however the media will always go after Micky Adams and he has to get better with dealing with these things. Id hate to think that any potential sponsors or investors are put off from investing because the public face of the club is not professional or is deemed by those that print and report as damaging.

There are bigger things that we need to consider next year as its going to be one of the biggest re-building jobs in recent memory. Micky's Job is to get the product right but also not to irritate the payers (money people) in the process. One piece of bad press could set us back 12 months.

If a fan wants a photo seriously whats the harm, if a fan has an opinion, it is just that an opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree, just accept it and move on. If someone thinks that he has not done a great retained list so what they arent the manager. If someone suspects that your moving on to pastures knew especially given previous history then so what.

Keep calm carry on and prove the doubters wrong but do it whilst remembering that this football club is igger than you, me, the players, the owner everyone, it needs building, it needs to bring back 2000 + fans and it needs to re-build bridges with several previous sponsors/investors. Even if you dont like it you have to do it, sometimes we dont like doing somethings in life but we do them because in the end we need to, its our job and its what we get paid for.

I dont think that the media ever had a trouble with John Rudge, or Brian Horton even Lee Sinnot (however bad he was as a manager) new how to work the media. Ive met John Rudge and Brian Horton n numerous occasions and when I have they have given their time freely and with no quarms, whether that be for a photo, autograph or chat about there time at the club. Brian Horton held court with numerous Vale fans when he came here with Macc last season, only to happy to stop and chat.

So that's what they are like as people..MA isn't lille that..the club probably need to give him some media training or take him out of the line of fire

I dont dispute Micky Adams is a good football man and I dont doubt that he may get us close this season with a free reign and no hold backs, however that is just a small percentage of his job.

I'd say what happens on the field is at least 90% of his job

Port Vale is a community club its llife source is the small amount of fans that comes through its gates, if you want to keep them and try and get more you have to have a good product on the pitch and a good welcoming public face behind the scenes.

You can't claim "Micky Adams is a good football man and I dont doubt that he may get us close this season with a free reign and no hold backs, however that is just a small percentage of his job" and then claim that the "good product on the pitch" is so important..if he does well on the pitch no one will give a stuff about the "welcoming public face"

Next year Id like to see the club take on more responsibiloities for that side of things, however the media will always go after Micky Adams and he has to get better with dealing with these things. Id hate to think that any potential sponsors or investors are put off from investing because the public face of the club is not professional or is deemed by those that print and report as damaging.

Indeed..some media training and a more effective media unit would be a huge help

There are bigger things that we need to consider next year as its going to be one of the biggest re-building jobs in recent memory. Micky's Job is to get the product right but also not to irritate the payers (money people) in the process. One piece of bad press could set us back 12 months.

Really? You think that MA snubbing a fan asking for an autograph or something could do such damage? I think it's piople coming on the likes of OVF and publicising such things that would do more damage. If you are a fan and he snubs you..keep schtum. And don't spread rumours about him and make unproven accusations against him..that will help the PR

If a fan wants a photo seriously whats the harm

None at all but it's up to him isn't it. If he says no....what's the harm?

, if a fan has an opinion, it is just that an opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree, just accept it and move on.

That's fine is someone is disagreeing with his selection or something sinilar but personal attacks..with no proven foundation?

If someone thinks that he has not done a great retained list so what they arent the manager. If someone suspects that your moving on to pastures knew especially given previous history then so what.

Agreed..unless you've said that you are not going anywhere and people stil question your honesty/intergity..I think that's different

Keep calm carry on and prove the doubters wrong but do it whilst remembering that this football club is igger than you, me, the players, the owner everyone, it needs building, it needs to bring back 2000 + fans and it needs to re-build bridges with several previous sponsors/investors. Even if you dont like it you have to do it, sometimes we dont like doing somethings in life but we do them because in the end we need to, its our job and its what we get paid for.

I don't think he gets paid to be personally abused and to have unproven accusations made against him. yes he should respond better and that is perjhapos where the media training may come in but I can't accept personal criticism of him (that he's a liar for example) on the basis that he should just acept it and move on

Still..that's just what I think

Archived