onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey really that hard done to?

Chopper Harris

Still no apology Chopper?

All the points about what MA has achieved since he has been here would be valid if he hadn't the restraints of V2001 holding him back throughout his entire time here. What has any other manager achieved under V2001?

I suggest giving him a chance under new ownership with realistic goals. Of course v2001 were talking about promotion each season, the more sensible posters on here knew promotion last season or the year before was a very tough ask but still we have not been far off playoffs. I think under the conditions he has had to work under MA has done a very good job. Those who cannot see that have simply expected too much. Let's see where we are at this season.

Perhaps if some of you hypocrites would dig into your pockets and help finance the club you say you support we might be in a better position. But no, you are all too happy to sit back on here and criticise constantly based on sweet FA.

Like with everything, put up or shut up. Go to the game, earn a valid opinion. SEO last season, your opinion on MA or any players is worthless.

For someone who tries to constantly pull others up about things they said in the past, that post is laughably hypocritical.

Advert

Under your previous username Dean, you were critical of those who criticised V2001, and was yourself in support of them. Now you are using them as an excuse for Micky?!? You can't have it both ways and is seems, if anyone is a hypocrite, it's you.

I thought you weren't posting anymore.

I already admitted I was wrong about v2001 a long time ago. I wasn't happy with the way certain groups dealt with that whole situation. In my eyes it still is SEO and Mo Chaudry that cost us promotion that season. Either way, regardless of may opinion of V2001 then or now you cannot argue that working under them has been helpful to MA's attempts to rebuild the club. However some people who were critical of V2001 from an earlier date than myself are now completely ignoring the fact MA had to work under their stewardship in a bid to criticise MA at any chance.

I also told you in the pub that I cannot talk about issues like this with yourself as you have a "i am right so your opinion does not matter anyway" attitude. I am happy to talk music, politics, or any other subject with you but in my opinion you and the rest of the Reginauld clan are so bitter about Micky you won't be happy till he is gone regardless of how fair or valid the argument for him doing a good job is.

Vale fans? I wonder sometimes.

Have you thought of your excuse for not going this season yet? I understand your dads is that the ST is too expensive now, perhaps you could go with the grass is not green enough or you don't like the kits this year?

Have you thought of your excuse for not going this season yet? I understand your dads is that the ST is too expensive now, perhaps you could go with the grass is not green enough or you don't like the kits this year?

You clearly dont understand. I have not bought a season ticket because of the lunatic pricing structure which , being 61, makes it cheaper for me to pay on the gate for the number of games I will be able to attend. If ST prices went down at 60 like gate prices do i would have a ST, similarly if both went down at 62 like ST prices do I would have a ST. Seeing as neither of those, both not unreasonable, options apply I am left in limbo by a badly thought out system.

I also told you in the pub that I cannot talk about issues like this with yourself as you have a "i am right so your opinion does not matter anyway" attitude. I am happy to talk music, politics, or any other subject with you but in my opinion you and the rest of the Reginauld clan are so bitter about Micky you won't be happy till he is gone regardless of how fair or valid the argument for him doing a good job is.

Andisson clan take note I am not bitter about the whingy shortarse I just dont think he is as good as he and a few others think he is , certainly not at the cost involved. I do however believe that we are stuck with him because of the latter. I also believe he is still the best we have had for some time but if you do not strive to improve you will go backwards

Mickey Adams has claimed that he can't take the criticism. When he first came to the club i remember him saying something along the lines of "don't criticise the players, give it to me because i can take it" He has has apparently said something similar during his time at Leicester City.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/1519-micky-adams-sign-of-a-desperate-man/

He is quoted as saying "I would rather any of the stick the fans want to dish out comes on me, not the players. I don't mind taking it because I will just get on with the job".

Well quite clearly Mickey you can't take stick and you don't just get on with it.

I actually don't agree with MA or with anyone receiving abuse. However fair criticism is a different matter. However it appears that MA is no stranger to giving out abuse to people himself. If you look on his twitter page there are actually quite a few abusive messages referring to Dario Gradi when there simply is no need.

http://twitter.com/#!/mickyadamspvfc

"Oh dear Dario just retire, become a lollipop man or summit, actually don't think that's a good idea. Haribo army!@"

"Just seen Dario in the whirlpool, with the Crewe youth team. Says they on a bondage session, think he means bonding. They look nervous"

"Micky Adams ‏@MickyAdamsPVFC

@SirDarioGradi thank god you resigned, now we don't have to listen to your boring interviews. How many times can you say 'erm' in 1 minute?"

My point is Mickey why have you thrown your toys out of the pram over abuse and criticism, when you are quite clearly giving abuse to someone else. It might be an idea to stop abusing other people because if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

To be fair I don't ever recall Dario stooping as low as you. There just simply is no need.

A lot of posters on here just don't seem to want to know of any criticism directed towards MA. If you assess MA's reign in charge you have to ask the question what has he achieved during his time? The answer is absolutely nothing. He took over when we were a mid table team and we are still a mid table team. You can argue all day long that he would have got us promoted if he had stayed and not gone to Sheffield United. But you only have to look at what Burton Albion did last season to counter that argument. His permanent signings apart from Loft and Shuker have been poor. He has retained players that should have been released (Haldane, Pope, Rob Taylor, MaDonald). He has retained McDonald only to be linked with 5th centre half Liam Chilvers. Some of the displays last year were terrible and the tactics of hitting the ball long to Pope every time highly questionable.

But some posters simply close their ears to this criticism. It appears in some posters eyes that MA is beyond criticism and should just be left alone to get on with his job. If i only ask why did you never post this pr posts this strongly when Jim Gannon was here? He was never given a chance by the vultures on here. et when some criticism has been directed towards MA some posters have got really defensive. Some posters have even stated that they will blindly back Mickey even though don't actually go to any of the games. It seems a little naive to say that you will back something when you have no idea what the quality of the product is that they are producing. Maybe if they spent a little more time going to watch the games instead of being patronising then they may have a more informed view.

Some posters have closed their ears and tried to deflect the criticism pointing out trivial points. Like making a big deal out of whether MA was on about OVF or another football forum. It doesn't matter. It is highly likely that MA was on about OVF in that he has criticised his so called armchair criticisers on football forums. OVF is a football forum and he has been criticised on OVF. OVF is a prominent Port Vale forum so it is likely that he was on about OVF.

MA when he went to the press to challenge his criticisers also said that he didn't go on these forums. Mickey may have not been on OVF and i certainly have no proof to prove to say that he has. However i find it extremely hard to believe that he made the massive decision to speak out at fans over this criticism without checking it first. I may be wrong but if that question doesn't enter your head then i m afraid you are naive. If you take everything at face value you are naive. If we had taken everything Perry Deakin, Mike Lloyd and Peter Miller had said at face value without questioning it then heaven forbid where we would be now. It is certainly isn't unreasonable to question PR that comes out of the club now bearing in the mind the constant lies that have been coming out of the club over the last 12 months climaxing in the nil shares escapade.

Adams certainly hasn't helped himself after promising to pay 50k for shares in Deakin and Millers takeover. I guess we are still waiting for his cheque to clear. I wonder why he isn't wanting to invest 50K now we are going to have a new owner to help the club. If he wanted to give 50K so much back then, then why didn't he invest it in our hour of need when the wheels had come off? He also didn't help himself when the reasoning behind him leaving his directorship was contradicted by the reasoning given by Stan Meigh.

On a final note why a poster has brought up http://www.goatsinundies.co.uk on this thread i really don't know. But if posters want to post about their favourite websites can i please ask that you start a thread in the off topic section and stop spamming football related threads.

Please tell me you're joking?? You don't REALLY believe that is micky's twitter account do you?!?

Disclaimer: if, somewhere within your post, you have said you were taking the **** then fair enought. I couldn't be arsed to read your post.

I already admitted I was wrong about v2001 a long time ago. I wasn't happy with the way certain groups dealt with that whole situation. In my eyes it still is SEO and Mo Chaudry that cost us promotion that season. Either way, regardless of may opinion of V2001 then or now you cannot argue that working under them has been helpful to MA's attempts to rebuild the club. However some people who were critical of V2001 from an earlier date than myself are now completely ignoring the fact MA had to work under their stewardship in a bid to criticise MA at any chance.

Vale fans? I wonder sometimes.

Why do you always reply to Cheeky's posts with comments about me and his brothers?

Nick point taken about the season ticket pricing so if it is cheaper for you to pay on the day perhaps we will meet in VP one Saturday and be able to talk football without the need for messageboard personas getting in the way.

I also completely agree with you about Micky apart from the cost involved. Do we know how much money he is actually on? Can we compare that to the other managers in the league capable of taking a team up? How much was di canio on at Swindon for example? It is clearly obvious MA is the best manager we have had since Rudge imo and he really has done a sterling job under the circumstances. However I think that this season will be the ultimate test for him providing he gets Ryders backing there can be no excuses. Personally I would be happy with playoffs or even just outside due to the squad rebuilding but I would expect us to spend no more than 2 more seasons in this horrible division (again, provided the backing is there)

I just don't think now is the time for people to be questioning MA's abiility and basing it on what he has done under V2001. We should get behind him 100% and there can be no excuse if he does fail. We all want the same thing, success for PVFC, especially Micky so we should for once all try and pull in the same direction to help achieve that.

It's £125k per year plus bonuses but not sure of the detail in the latter.

I thought that everyone knew this.

Bratt was more than happy to discuss it last year.

Bungling Bill said lots of things.Such as Harlequin were good.Deakin,Miller were good.The club wouldn't go into administration.

what's his refusual to do a photo for OVF got to do with anything?

can't blame him to be honest, he probably wanted to distance himself from such a negative arena

But how does he KNOW that OVF is negative?

because Bill Lodey told him so :razz: Are you saying then this is a postive arena Melv?

Im not saying it is negative im not saying it is positive.What OVF is,is full of opinions.

However you did say that MA wants to distance himself from a negative arena(meaning OVF).So i asked you the question how does he KNOW that OVF is negative?

Have you spoken to him directly to KNOW such information?

Archived