onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey really that hard done to?

Chopper Harris

Mickey Adams has claimed that he can't take the criticism. When he first came to the club i remember him saying something along the lines of "don't criticise the players, give it to me because i can take it" He has has apparently said something similar during his time at Leicester City.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/1519-micky-adams-sign-of-a-desperate-man/

He is quoted as saying "I would rather any of the stick the fans want to dish out comes on me, not the players. I don't mind taking it because I will just get on with the job".

Well quite clearly Mickey you can't take stick and you don't just get on with it.

I actually don't agree with MA or with anyone receiving abuse. However fair criticism is a different matter. However it appears that MA is no stranger to giving out abuse to people himself. If you look on his twitter page there are actually quite a few abusive messages referring to Dario Gradi when there simply is no need.

http://twitter.com/#!/mickyadamspvfc

"Oh dear Dario just retire, become a lollipop man or summit, actually don't think that's a good idea. Haribo army!@"

"Just seen Dario in the whirlpool, with the Crewe youth team. Says they on a bondage session, think he means bonding. They look nervous"

"Micky Adams ‏@MickyAdamsPVFC

@SirDarioGradi thank god you resigned, now we don't have to listen to your boring interviews. How many times can you say 'erm' in 1 minute?"

My point is Mickey why have you thrown your toys out of the pram over abuse and criticism, when you are quite clearly giving abuse to someone else. It might be an idea to stop abusing other people because if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

To be fair I don't ever recall Dario stooping as low as you. There just simply is no need.

A lot of posters on here just don't seem to want to know of any criticism directed towards MA. If you assess MA's reign in charge you have to ask the question what has he achieved during his time? The answer is absolutely nothing. He took over when we were a mid table team and we are still a mid table team. You can argue all day long that he would have got us promoted if he had stayed and not gone to Sheffield United. But you only have to look at what Burton Albion did last season to counter that argument. His permanent signings apart from Loft and Shuker have been poor. He has retained players that should have been released (Haldane, Pope, Rob Taylor, MaDonald). He has retained McDonald only to be linked with 5th centre half Liam Chilvers. Some of the displays last year were terrible and the tactics of hitting the ball long to Pope every time highly questionable.

But some posters simply close their ears to this criticism. It appears in some posters eyes that MA is beyond criticism and should just be left alone to get on with his job. If i only ask why did you never post this pr posts this strongly when Jim Gannon was here? He was never given a chance by the vultures on here. et when some criticism has been directed towards MA some posters have got really defensive. Some posters have even stated that they will blindly back Mickey even though don't actually go to any of the games. It seems a little naive to say that you will back something when you have no idea what the quality of the product is that they are producing. Maybe if they spent a little more time going to watch the games instead of being patronising then they may have a more informed view.

Some posters have closed their ears and tried to deflect the criticism pointing out trivial points. Like making a big deal out of whether MA was on about OVF or another football forum. It doesn't matter. It is highly likely that MA was on about OVF in that he has criticised his so called armchair criticisers on football forums. OVF is a football forum and he has been criticised on OVF. OVF is a prominent Port Vale forum so it is likely that he was on about OVF.

MA when he went to the press to challenge his criticisers also said that he didn't go on these forums. Mickey may have not been on OVF and i certainly have no proof to prove to say that he has. However i find it extremely hard to believe that he made the massive decision to speak out at fans over this criticism without checking it first. I may be wrong but if that question doesn't enter your head then i m afraid you are naive. If you take everything at face value you are naive. If we had taken everything Perry Deakin, Mike Lloyd and Peter Miller had said at face value without questioning it then heaven forbid where we would be now. It is certainly isn't unreasonable to question PR that comes out of the club now bearing in the mind the constant lies that have been coming out of the club over the last 12 months climaxing in the nil shares escapade.

Adams certainly hasn't helped himself after promising to pay 50k for shares in Deakin and Millers takeover. I guess we are still waiting for his cheque to clear. I wonder why he isn't wanting to invest 50K now we are going to have a new owner to help the club. If he wanted to give 50K so much back then, then why didn't he invest it in our hour of need when the wheels had come off? He also didn't help himself when the reasoning behind him leaving his directorship was contradicted by the reasoning given by Stan Meigh.

On a final note why a poster has brought up http://www.goatsinundies.co.uk on this thread i really don't know. But if posters want to post about their favourite websites can i please ask that you start a thread in the off topic section and stop spamming football related threads.

Advert

Mickey Adams has claimed that he can't take the criticism. When he first came to the club i remember him saying something along the lines of "don't criticise the players, give it to me because i can take it" He has has apparently said something similar during his time at Leicester City.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/1519-micky-adams-sign-of-a-desperate-man/

He is quoted as saying "I would rather any of the stick the fans want to dish out comes on me, not the players. I don't mind taking it because I will just get on with the job".

Well quite clearly Mickey you can't take stick and you don't just get on with it.

I actually don't agree with MA or with anyone receiving abuse. However fair criticism is a different matter. However it appears that MA is no stranger to giving out abuse to people himself. If you look on his twitter page there are actually quite a few abusive messages referring to Dario Gradi when there simply is no need.

"Oh dear Dario just retire, become a lollipop man or summit, actually don't think that's a good idea. Haribo army!@"

"Just seen Dario in the whirlpool, with the Crewe youth team. Says they on a bondage session, think he means bonding. They look nervous"

@SirDarioGradi thank god you resigned, now we don't have to listen to your boring interviews. How many times can you say 'erm' in 1 minute?"

My point is Mickey why have you thrown your toys out of the pram over abuse and criticism, when you are quite clearly giving abuse to someone else. It might be an idea to stop abusing other people because if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

To be fair I don't ever recall Dario stooping as low as you. There just simply is no need.

A lot of posters on here just don't seem to want to know of any criticism directed towards MA. If you assess MA's reign in charge you have to ask the question what has he achieved during his time? The answer is absolutely nothing. He took over when we were a mid table team and we are still a mid table team. You can argue all day long that he would have got us promoted if he had stayed and not gone to Sheffield United. But you only have to look at what Burton Albion did last season to counter that argument. His permanent signings apart from Loft and Shuker have been poor. He has retained players that should have been released (Haldane, Pope, Rob Taylor, MaDonald). He has retained McDonald only to be linked with 5th centre half Liam Chilvers. Some of the displays last year were terrible and the tactics of hitting the ball long to Pope every time highly questionable.

But some posters simply close their ears to this criticism. It appears in some posters eyes that MA is beyond criticism and should just be left alone to get on with his job. If i only ask why did you never post this pr posts this strongly when Jim Gannon was here? He was never given a chance by the vultures on here. et when some criticism has been directed towards MA some posters have got really defensive. Some posters have even stated that they will blindly back Mickey even though don't actually go to any of the games. It seems a little naive to say that you will back something when you have no idea what the quality of the product is that they are producing. Maybe if they spent a little more time going to watch the games instead of being patronising then they may have a more informed view.

Some posters have closed their ears and tried to deflect the criticism pointing out trivial points. Like making a big deal out of whether MA was on about OVF or another football forum. It doesn't matter. It is highly likely that MA was on about OVF in that he has criticised his so called armchair criticisers on football forums. OVF is a football forum and he has been criticised on OVF. OVF is a prominent Port Vale forum so it is likely that he was on about OVF.

MA when he went to the press to challenge his criticisers also said that he didn't go on these forums. Mickey may have not been on OVF and i certainly have no proof to prove to say that he has. However i find it extremely hard to believe that he made the massive decision to speak out at fans over this criticism without checking it first. I may be wrong but if that question doesn't enter your head then i m afraid you are naive. If you take everything at face value you are naive. If we had taken everything Perry Deakin, Mike Lloyd and Peter Miller had said at face value without questioning it then heaven forbid where we would be now. It is certainly isn't unreasonable to question PR that comes out of the club now bearing in the mind the constant lies that have been coming out of the club over the last 12 months climaxing in the nil shares escapade.

Adams certainly hasn't helped himself after promising to pay 50k for shares in Deakin and Millers takeover. I guess we are still waiting for his cheque to clear. I wonder why he isn't wanting to invest 50K now we are going to have a new owner to help the club. If he wanted to give 50K so much back then, then why didn't he invest it in our hour of need when the wheels had come off? He also didn't help himself when the reasoning behind him leaving his directorship was contradicted by the reasoning given by Stan Meigh.

On a final note why a poster has brought up http://www.goatsinundies.co.uk on this thread i really don't know. But if posters want to post about their favourite websites can i please ask that you start a thread in the off topic section and stop spamming football related threads.

Jesus Christ man, get over it. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I really, really, really hope JA doesn't multi-quote this post.

Yes managers can be criticised but recently what is Adams getting criticised for? Refusing a photo, media speculation about the Gills job which he refuted twice, certain players seen at vale park, his retained list, having a moody attitude - i mean come on it's a little bit petty.

The 3 managers you mention made fundamental errors in their time hence why they no longer manage the club and all 3 were very rookie.

The 3 managers you mention never got linked with other clubs jobs, the 3 managers never had to tell a group of players that they wont be getting paid but still need to turn up for work everyday.

Micky Adams is very experienced at what he does so i wonder what qualifies people to criticise him.

Totally agree with this, some would criticize MA if they didn't like the colour socks he was wearing. Let's stop moaning for the sake of, eh?

Please please please tell me you are taking the **** and not being serious!

Because if you are being serious then you've sent OVF down to a whole new level of stupidity! I can't believe you are using a PARODY Twitter account to have a go at Micky Adams! It even says on the information about the account "A tongue in cheek profile, into the daily life of the Messiah."

If you are on a wind up, then fair enough. However, if you are seriously having a go at Micky Adams based on a Twitter account then you Sir are a complete and utter moron, and anyone who is having a go at Micky about something beyond his control should be banned from OVF IMHO.

I hope an apology to Micky is forthcoming.

Please please please tell me you are taking the **** and not being serious!

Because if you are being serious then you've sent OVF down to a whole new level of stupidity! I can't believe you are using a PARODY Twitter account to have a go at Micky Adams! It even says on the information about the account "A tongue in cheek profile, into the daily life of the Messiah."

If you are on a wind up, then fair enough. However, if you are seriously having a go at Micky Adams based on a Twitter account then you Sir are a complete and utter moron, and anyone who is having a go at Micky about something beyond his control should be banned from OVF IMHO.

I hope an apology to Micky is forthcoming.

If it is a spoof then i do rightly apologise. I thought it was a genuine account but if it is not then i have no problems at all apologising.

If it is a spoof then i do rightly apologise. I thought it was a genuine account but if it is not then i have no problems at all apologising.

Fair enough, fair play to you though you have to go on record as being incredibly gullible! :) Just beware on twitter, if it doesn't have a blue tick then assume its a fake celeb account.

Still no apology Chopper?

All the points about what MA has achieved since he has been here would be valid if he hadn't the restraints of V2001 holding him back throughout his entire time here. What has any other manager achieved under V2001?

I suggest giving him a chance under new ownership with realistic goals. Of course v2001 were talking about promotion each season, the more sensible posters on here knew promotion last season or the year before was a very tough ask but still we have not been far off playoffs. I think under the conditions he has had to work under MA has done a very good job. Those who cannot see that have simply expected too much. Let's see where we are at this season.

Perhaps if some of you hypocrites would dig into your pockets and help finance the club you say you support we might be in a better position. But no, you are all too happy to sit back on here and criticise constantly based on sweet FA.

Like with everything, put up or shut up. Go to the game, earn a valid opinion. SEO last season, your opinion on MA or any players is worthless.

All the points about what MA has achieved since he has been here would be valid if he hadn't the restraints of V2001 holding him back throughout his entire time here. What has any other manager achieved under V2001?

I suggest giving him a chance under new ownership with realistic goals. Of course v2001 were talking about promotion each season, the more sensible posters on here knew promotion last season or the year before was a very tough ask but still we have not been far off playoffs. I think under the conditions he has had to work under MA has done a very good job. Those who cannot see that have simply expected too much. Let's see where we are at this season.

Perhaps if some of you hypocrites would dig into your pockets and help finance the club you say you support we might be in a better position. But no, you are all too happy to sit back on here and criticise constantly based on sweet FA.

Like with everything, put up or shut up. Go to the game, earn a valid opinion. SEO last season, your opinion on MA or any players is worthless.

I have apologised. I may be gullible however i certainly i have no problems admitting when i am in the wrong.

Under your previous username Dean, you were critical of those who criticised V2001, and was yourself in support of them. Now you are using them as an excuse for Micky?!? You can't have it both ways and is seems, if anyone is a hypocrite, it's you.

I thought you weren't posting anymore.

Under your previous username Dean, you were critical of those who criticised V2001, and was yourself in support of them. Now you are using them as an excuse for Micky?!? You can't have it both ways and is seems, if anyone is a hypocrite, it's you.

I thought you weren't posting anymore.

Perhaps he talked it through around his dinner table?

Archived