onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Mickey really that hard done to?

Chopper Harris

Advert

My God we must all be bored with all the inactivity at the moment coming out of VP for Gods sake get off his back!!! you will all be moaning about nothing to moan about soon jeeeez

I agree, some folk just love a moan. It's ridiculous, this is a new dawn and people still act like moanie mardarses

Since when has having an opinion been banned on OVF?

There's having an opinion and constantly berating a man who quite frankly can do nothing right in some supporters eyes at the moment but never mind the fact that he must feel a little frustrated at the ongoing delay that he cant do what he is payed to do at the moment in that deliver a 25 man squad to compete in this league.

All some supporters are bothered about is why he wont have his photo taken to put on here.....the mind boggles it really does!!

There's having an opinion and constantly berating a man who quite frankly can do nothing right in some supporters eyes at the moment but never mind the fact that he must feel a little frustrated at the ongoing delay that he cant do what he is payed to do at the moment in that deliver a 25 man squad to compete in this league.

All some supporters are bothered about is why he wont have his photo taken to put on here.....the mind boggles it really does!!

But surely it is all about opinions. No more. No less. I don't think that we should avoid making comments just in case it upsets Adams.

That's what makes OVF the place that it is, IMO.

But surely it is all about opinions. No more. No less. I don't think that we should avoid making comments just in case it upsets Adams.

That's what makes OVF the place that it is, IMO.

I completely agree Al but lets express opinions about things that matter eh!!!

Name me one match where Adams has been berated. If your only examples over the last three years (despite ditching us, joining the board, defending the likes of Bratt, etc) are from an online forum then people really need to get a grip. Adams included.

I completely agree Al but lets express opinions about things that matter eh!!!

John

I can't totally disagree and I guess that it all comes down to whether fans think that MA will achieve success and/or they don't like him.

However just because I dislike him doesn't mean that I want him to fail. Far from it.

It will be a big few months for him and I hope that we all have a few nice surprises on and off the pitch along the way, starting next week with the takeover, a new CEO, a new secretary and a 5/6 quality signings.

johnnyaitch yes it is "guesswork' but lets be brutal you know he was on about OVF, i know he was on about OVF, everyone knows he was on about OVF, so i don't understand the point you are making. Yes i accept he didn't specify it but surely this is obvious?

My point is very simple..you don't know thast he was on about OVF byut in your opinion he was..which is fine. Just accept thast you don't know that he was

Yes he has stated that he doesn't read it and you are perfectly entitled to believe him if you want. But as i said last and call me suspicious, he seems to have taken a strong negative opinion of OVF or if you want to say fans internet forums based on hearsay.

He does seem to have formed a strong negative opinion based on the incident with the photograph request..I don't dispute that and yes it seems to be based on hearsay..I don't dispute that either.

You have made out in some of your earlier posts that i have said that mickey is a liar. Let me correct you because I never said that mickey has actually lied about this. I said that i have a FEELING that he MAY have been on OVF and not been honest about it in the press release. There is a distinct difference.

Same thing..irrespective of what's driving you..feeling, fact, personal motivation you have said that he's not been honest..which is accusing him of being a liar

Call me suspicious but i don't understand why he would go to the press when he simply isn't sure of his facts. It doesn't add up to me. He is extremely foolish if he has gone to the press and made a statement criticising the supporters of the club he manages without first making sure exactly what has been said.

Indeed he may well have been foolish in not checking the facts for himself..what is he a liar or foolish? I choose the latter as I have nothing to support him being a liar on this

How is the retained list argument a joke? You have said we have had to offer contracts to players to ensure we have any team to start the season with and if the circumstances has been different then so would the retained list. First of all when has Mickey said this and secondly i take it from your statement you are conceding the point that certain players are not good enough and have only been signed to ensure we have enough numbers. This is just ridiculous. The takeover has been on going since April and has always been expected to go through in June. So it imust have been reasonable to assume that Mickey would have been able to sign players in late June through to when the transfer window closes. Why didn't he wait? Why didn't he set up deals to be completed when the takeover goes through?

Micky was on RS stating that he knew he would be critised for retained list but as he was certain some of the players would not resign he needed to make sure he had sufficient numbers of players to start the season. The takeover deal is still not done. Many teams are strengthening and we are not. We can speculate that deals have been agreed but if I was a player and I was offered a contract from another team that I could sign straight away or a Vale contract that I may be able to sign in late June or July IF everything goes to plan I wouldnt be signing for the Vale. As the eternal pessimist I won't believe the deal is done until it's been given the FL ok. I think MOLD have conditioned me to expect the worst!

We all have different opinions on who should be on the retained list. Many people on here think McDonald is a good player so d him resigning. Personally I wouldn't have offered him a contract but MA obviously rates him. The main surprise on the retained list was the length of contract offered to Rob Taylor. It's 2 years too long!!!

My point is very simple..you don't know thast he was on about OVF byut in your opinion he was..which is fine. Just accept thast you don't know that he was

He does seem to have formed a strong negative opinion based on the incident with the photograph request..I don't dispute that and yes it seems to be based on hearsay..I don't dispute that either.

Same thing..irrespective of what's driving you..feeling, fact, personal motivation you have said that he's not been honest..which is accusing him of being a liar

Indeed he may well have been foolish in not checking the facts for himself..what is he a liar or foolish? I choose the latter as I have nothing to support him being a liar on this

I have actually said on my last post that i can't be sure that he was on about specifically OVF. Why have you had to make this point again and again. You are quite right i don't know for 100 per cent that he was talking about OVF. Mickey did say he had been criticised on football forums on the internet. Mickey has been criticised on OVF. Why is it unreasonable to think or make an educated guess that he might have been on about OVF. To be honest i m not really sure why you seem so insistent on making this point of whether he was on about OVF or other football forums. It seems a minor detail that doesn't really make any difference. If i am wrong in my belief that he was on about OVF maybe you could provide a link all of the other forums where Mickey has been criticised and the possible other sites that it could be. OVF could be one of many but it is one of the main Port Vale forum websites and he has been criticised on the website. You have made this point on so many occasions and have really highlighted it. Maybe you think he is on about another website?

As regards accusing Mickey of being a liar. You are ACCUSING me of calling Mickey a liar. I have said quite clearly that in my opinion Mickey MAY based on a FEELING has lied and has in fact gone on OVF or football forum message board. This IS speculation and is very different to saying Mickey IS actually a liar and HAS lied. I have already said that I have no proof and I have never at any point ever said that i have any. I have always said it was based on a feeling. So again i m not quite sure really what point you are making.

You said in your first post that this has undermined all of the criticisms. Why? How on earth has that undermined all or any of the criticisms? These are individual separate criticisms.

You had posted numerous times on this thread but not once ever mentioned any of the other criticisms or rebutted them. I can only assume that you agree with them.

I have actually said on my last post that i can't be sure that he was on about specifically OVF. Why have you had to make this point again and again. You are quite right i don't know for 100 per cent that he was talking about OVF. Mickey did say he had been criticised on football forums on the internet. Mickey has been criticised on OVF. Why is it unreasonable to think or make an educated guess that he might have been on about OVF.

It's not unreasonable to speculate..but just accept that you don't know that he was referring to OVF.

To be honest i m not really sure why you seem so insistent on making this point of whether he was on about OVF or other football forums. It seems a minor detail that doesn't really make any difference.p

To me it's important in the context of you claiming that he's been dishonest,,I cannot comprehend why you are even speculating over his honesty with absolutely nothing to support it. We KNOW that he has said that he has not read OVF.we don't know that he has, we don't know that he hasn't but we know that he says that he hasn't..why not simply believe him? What's the basis for not believeing him..even for believing that he MAY have lied?

If i am wrong in my belief that he was on about OVF maybe you could provide a link all of the other forums where Mickey has been criticised and the possible other sites that it could be. OVF could be one of many but it is one of the main Port Vale forum websites and he has been criticised on the website.

What? Why do I have to justify anything..you are the one making the claims against him. My justification is quite simple..he sasy that he has not read OVF..what is yours? He may be referring to OVF, he may not be..we don't know.

You have made this point on so many occasions and have really highlighted it. Maybe you think he is on about another website?

I do not know which website he is referring to..and neither do you

As regards accusing Mickey of being a liar. You are ACCUSING me of calling Mickey a liar. I have said quite clearly that in my opinion Mickey MAY based on a FEELING has lied and has in fact gone on OVF or football forum message board.

Your reasons are irrelevant..the accusation is the same

This IS speculation and is very different to saying Mickey IS actually a liar and HAS lied.

Speculating that someone has laid is the same. If it's not what is the point of the speculation? Why speculate that he has lied?

I have already said that I have no proof and I have never at any point ever said that i have any. I have always said it was based on a feeling. So again i m not quite sure really what point you are making.

I'bve never claimed that you have proof I just cannot understand why you are even claiming that he MAY have lied..incomprehensible why you think that

You said in your first post that this has undermined all of the criticisms. Why? How on earth has that undermined all or any of the criticisms? These are individual separate criticisms.

But they have the same source..you..so if you are prepared to base such serious criticism on a 'feeling' I can't take any of the others seriously and undermines you as a credible source of criticism

You had posted numerous times on this thread but not once ever mentioned any of the other criticisms or rebutted them. I can only assume that you agree with them.

It does not matter whether I agree or not, I need them to be based on something more than a 'feeling'..especially when making claims of dishonesty...when reading your original post I assumed that you had some insight but then discover that the major criticism is based on a feeling and some sort of mistrust of MA. I cannot understand why you think he 'may' be lying when the only facts we have are that he says that he does not read ovf. If we're going to judge him as (even potentially) dishonest based on a feeling then we might as well give up.

Archived