onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft Interview in Baggers' 'The Valiant'

JoeB2

Agree with most of this topic. What i see as three big failings by Carol.

Carol openly admitted that she knew nothing about the football side of running a football club, Unfortunately by then she had already interviewed D F for the managers job and he did a very good job of selling himself but for the role as D of F. Carol saw the need for this role but never thought to see if there were other contenders for this role and so D F got his foot in the door.

Secondly Carol said that a must for a new manager was ' experience ' and we paid for D C. Great move, so why when we move him on [ third big mistake ] do we settle for someone with no experience as a manager and we are also a league higher.

For me both D F and A C need to move on. If Carol still needs the D of F role then look again. but we need to replace the two of them

Goalscorers / striker. Yes we have no one and we need one. D F is kidding himself or trying to kid us when talking of ' who we were after ' sounds rubbish to me but one point to make.

The bottom nine teams in div one are all struggling to score goals and do not average one goal @ game [ one exception ] and goals conceded are no worse than the Vale. So strikers are a struggle for all teams to find.

My view is we struggle to score goals from the six wide / midfield players we have within the club. Only Garrity has managed to give us any where near a good return. Our wide men are non existant when it comes to scoring goals. Useless in fact. Forward midfield players are failing and the two defensive players we play again will not give us the goals we need. [ why do we need two for this role ? Maybe a poor back three and we need to strengthen at the back ]

We need new players in January. The biggest stumbling block to that is cash. Carol cannot supply enough to give us a balanced team to remain safely in Div 1. Yes money supplied for goalkeeper but what about the remaining core of a team. Center back, Center mid, Striker. Two of those three positions we are no where near strong enough for Div 1.

If only Carol could secure more finance, get a new D of F and a new manager in the next two weeks. That would be a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• Like 7

Advert

4 minutes ago, WV said:

If we were to get rid of DF and AC in one fell swoop are we then hoping Carol can run it until someone else comes in? As in she will interview and select the next manager ? 

Good point but i'd also be worried DF choosing a new manager. I'd get Rudgey in to help her find a suitable candidate myself 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WV said:

If we were to get rid of DF and AC in one fell swoop are we then hoping Carol can run it until someone else comes in? As in she will interview and select the next manager ? 

Understand that. I know it will not happen. Also understand that if we get rid of A C i believe it will be difficult to bring in an experienced manager to work alongside D F.

My big hope from Carol is more finance can be found

49 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

A lot of really weird stuff in that interview. 

He says that we can't compete with Leyton Orient for Joe Pigott, who he calls one of the "goalscorers of league one" alongside Charles and Clarke-Harris. The guys got two goals in 20 games? If that's a demonstration of his ability to spot a striker, it probably explains why he chased Loft all summer. 

He's is the root of our league woes both this year and last. Lurching from bad decision to bad decision. It's a shame Carol can't see it, him and AC are here to stay. 

I think people have forgot about how long we have been chasing Loft. We have been chasing him since our last season in League Two. I remember Flickers coming out at the time saying he wanted to sign Loft but could not get anywhere near his wages which means he had been chasing him for at least 2 years

• Like 1

I think people have forgot about how long we have been chasing Loft. We have been chasing him since our last season in League Two. I remember Flickers coming out at the time saying he wanted to sign Loft but could not get anywhere near his wages which means he had been chasing him for at least 2 years
Red flags right from the start then.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

WHY !!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

He goes on about Rudge’s success and developing to move players on at a profit. That was only part of Rudge’s success. He also brought in quality that remained for years. We’ve currently done neither. 

Very true, although the Bosnan transfer era harmed the values of lower league players and makes such an approach much harder today. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I can more concisely summarise my concern with this:

Flitcroft bemoans the fact that Bolton can spend £300k on Dion Charles, but doesn't see the issue with trying to replicate Bolton's style of play, or see why this style of play isn't working.

It's all well and good flitcroft picking out how much Bolton paid for, and are paying, Dion Charles.

There's no way Accrington paid big money for him or paid him big money either.

They took him from Southport, gave him a platform to prove himself and sold him on.

Not the first time they've done it, not even close. It was Bishop before him.

Sounds like a process to me that does.

And yet the process he's put in place at Vale lands us with two donkeys getting rotated by the half up front.

Edited by eh up nah
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

He probably would have been an acceptable signing if we had stayed in league 2. Nowhere near athletic enough for league 1 

I haven’t subscribed as I don’t think it’s value for money and reading this thread has only reinforced my view. Flickers is a waffler of the first order so anyone that takes anything he says at face value must have fresh air between their ears.  That’s not to suggest he’s doing a bad job, or a good job.  The reality is likely to be a bit of both.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I haven’t subscribed as I don’t think it’s value for money and reading this thread has only reinforced my view. Flickers is a waffler of the first order so anyone that takes anything he says at face value must have fresh air between their ears.  That’s not to suggest he’s doing a bad job, or a good job.  The reality is likely to be a bit of both.

Whatever you think of Flitcroft, the Valiant is a ludicrously good bargain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Honestly in terms of Vale the tenner I’ve spent subscribing to The Valiant is the most value for money I’ve got on spending on this club for a long time.. Baggers coverage of Vale is unrivalled anywhere else. This model is the future in how clubs will be covered it just so happens we are ahead of the curve for once.

• Like 2