onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alfies (AB7) You Tube Channel.

blackdog

On 06/11/2023 at 10:35, robf said:

Can I add some personal thoughts and an appeal here please.

Firstly, an appeal. I don't think it's fair to accuse the club without evidence it is them. I have removed some posts that accuse various parties of doing so. 

There is a copyright issue sadly, regardless of whether you like the videos or not. It's something I have to very careful with. I don't take any match photos during games played during the regular season unless someone at the club has specifically granted me permission. A lot of my photos, as a result, are of pre-season events such as training so as not to break the EFL rules on footage at EFL games. However, I have always found the club very amenable with any request I do have so I can't imagine they would be seeking to shut this channel down. 

I personally think Alfie could have been unlucky because I think the "copyright" issue of no photography/videos inside stadiums isn't enforced very much and (a bit like the old days taping songs onto blank tapes) isn't something that organisations try hard to stop, unless it's clearly someone making a huge amount of money from it. However, it is worth noting that cameras inside the ground are technically not allowed and the Football League itself (so not necessarily Port Vale) will be keen to maintain copyright. That's undoubtedly to only allow authorised photographers, camera crews and protect their commercial interests. 

I have had some content removed from YouTube. In my case it was (and it would be funny if it weren't true) because some of the clips I have uploaded contained twenty year-old adverts which contained snippets of pop songs. The entire 90 minute clip were then removed for included a 15 second burst of someone's song. I've also had an FA Cup game removed by the FA and another specifically removed by Brighton and Hove Albion FC.  I have to say it's fair enough if those organisations hold that copyright, so I have accepted that it's their content, it is their right to remove it. These things seem to be automated so it's perfectly possible that this was an automated process and not an individual targeting his YouTube channel.

I personally think that all content promoting the Vale is of help and perhaps a compromise to this is for the channel to come back but without any footage taken during the game being played?

To put the record straight Rob, I didn't ACCUSE Carol of anything, it was merely a tongue in cheek retort to the previous post whereby I SUGGESTED she may have done something.

I realise it may not have come across that way but we all know that it's difficult to express oneself with merely the written word.

I thank the Lord for Carol and without her I don't know where this club would be, if anywhere at all.

I'm all for these blogs as they are a great reminder of games gone by, I watch (or at least used to) plenty of the Play-off semi-final and Wembley ones. I also enjoy both AB7's and the other chaps who were doing Vale related vlogs/blogs.

It's a pity but I suppose rules are rules and it would be great if the club could find a way to assist AB7 in utilising his undoubted talent and enthusiasm in some form or another.

• Like 1

Advert

21 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

To put the record straight Rob, I didn't ACCUSE Carol of anything, it was merely a tongue in cheek retort to the previous post whereby I SUGGESTED she may have done something.

I realise it may not have come across that way but we all know that it's difficult to express oneself with merely the written word.

I thank the Lord for Carol and without her I don't know where this club would be, if anywhere at all.

I'm all for these blogs as they are a great reminder of games gone by, I watch (or at least used to) plenty of the Play-off semi-final and Wembley ones. I also enjoy both AB7's and the other chaps who were doing Vale related vlogs/blogs.

It's a pity but I suppose rules are rules and it would be great if the club could find a way to assist AB7 in utilising his undoubted talent and enthusiasm in some form or another.

I would agree with you in terms of seeing posts which I felt it was light hearted and weren't serious, but I would add some points.

These are designed to be helpful and (hopefully) not patronising... they are for everyone on here to take note of...

1) Sometimes sarcasm or irony doesn't work with typed words. It's good to re-read what you've posted and see if it does make sense.

2) There is an edit function if you don't think so. Perhaps more importantly there's emojis to use to show when you're not being entirely serious.

3) If you are unsure if it's going to be taken seriously or not then it's often better to err on the side of caution and not post something that might, just might cause offence - even if your intention is not to do so.

4) Myself or the moderators don't take these moves in isolation. Often the complaint hasn't originated from us. In some cases, it's communications from other users saying "that's not funny" or "that's not on" and we take their views onboard and act accordingly. It's then a subjective decision by us. If we're getting one complaint is that just one person who "doesn't get it" but if we're getting several complaints on something then it's an indication that quite a few users are upset. It may sound like killjoy behaviour at times but just remember we are a broad church and something which one group of users may find funny, another group of users may take offence to.

5) It's also a two-way street. If we remove something and you disagree, you can contact us to let us know. I will freely admit that I have certainly made moderation mistakes over the years. 

6) Ultimately, we try to be fair to both sides.

I hope that gives some context and is of help. We're not trying to block all humour but not all humour works for everyone and if there are enough complaints then we will review and take appropriate action. It's not something done on the whim of a moderator and in isolation.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2023 at 11:03, JS Valiant said:

How Pathetic is this, the lad is a real gem and I really like his vlogs and the others who vlog their team.

The BBC get Licence Money, tell them to do one.

All the trouble and misery in the world and all they can do, is spoil a few people’s enjoyment.

I don’t think this has anything to do with the BBC at all? Its purely down to him putting videos of in match action on YouTube, which is a breach of EFL copyright. If anyone, its the EFL or Sky that have done it, not the BBC. 

• Like 2

I would agree with you in terms of seeing posts which I felt it was light hearted and weren't serious, but I would add some points.
These are designed to be helpful and (hopefully) not patronising... they are for everyone on here to take note of...
1) Sometimes sarcasm or irony doesn't work with typed words. It's good to re-read what you've posted and see if it does make sense.
2) There is an edit function if you don't think so. Perhaps more importantly there's emojis to use to show when you're not being entirely serious.
3) If you are unsure if it's going to be taken seriously or not then it's often better to err on the side of caution and not post something that might, just might cause offence - even if your intention is not to do so.
4) Myself or the moderators don't take these moves in isolation. Often the complaint hasn't originated from us. In some cases, it's communications from other users saying "that's not funny" or "that's not on" and we take their views onboard and act accordingly. It's then a subjective decision by us. If we're getting one complaint is that just one person who "doesn't get it" but if we're getting several complaints on something then it's an indication that quite a few users are upset. It may sound like killjoy behaviour at times but just remember we are a broad church and something which one group of users may find funny, another group of users may take offence to.
5) It's also a two-way street. If we remove something and you disagree, you can contact us to let us know. I will freely admit that I have certainly made moderation mistakes over the years. 
I hope that gives some context and is of help. We're not trying to block all humour but not all humour works for everyone and if there are enough complaints then we will review and take appropriate action. It's not something done on the whim of a moderator and in isolation.

Cheers Rob, duly noted.

2 hours ago, robf said:

Well said Rob.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...