onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

On 08/12/2023 at 11:46, gavcradd said:

When the football is this poor, I really can't blame people. 

Any other lower-league club's fans - buzzing, once in a lifetime, let's pack the ground. You never know, maybe League form will go out of the window and we'll be in the semi-final (yes, semi-final) of the League Cup. 

PVFC fans - see above. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert

3 hours ago, smithie said:

Any other lower-league club's fans - buzzing, once in a lifetime, let's pack the ground. You never know, maybe League form will go out of the window and we'll be in the semi-final (yes, semi-final) of the League Cup. 

PVFC fans - see above. 

That’s total rubbish. Guarantee any other club would be doing the same as us. I’m going but you can’t blame people who rarely go for not wanting to attend when everyone’s saying how crap we’ve been.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 2

Hot off the press, thought I had better get my Stevenage ticket before today’s game so popped in the ticket office, home ticket sales as of today just short of 8,000! Nearly 3000 in Hamil, 2000 in railway std, 1000 + in Lorne st, 1000+ in paddock 800 corporate.
Should beat today's Prem crowd at Luton v Citey 11, 017

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

As much as I admire and support Carol's aim to grow crowds towards 10k, l think she's over-optimistic. Never mind that, we've got a job holding on to our core of 4-5k now that the post-promotion buzz has dissipated along with the novelty of being back in League One.
I'd understand if the other team in The Potteries were doing much but they aren't. We might as well face it..... we're small-time.
The core 4-5k, of which I'm one, will be there through thick and thin, and always have been
  • Like 3

That’s total rubbish. Guarantee any other club would be doing the same as us. I’m going but you can’t blame people who rarely go for not wanting to attend when everyone’s saying how crap we’ve been.
1. Not 'everyone' has been saying how crap we've been. It's the usual 10 or 20 on here who say that repeatedly regardless.

2. I don't think it's unfair to call out the same people who say they're not going because 'we're crap' when they are the first to moan and whine about our alleged poor squad, and expect Carol to fund it all herself without their financial support.
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:

1. Not 'everyone' has been saying how crap we've been. It's the usual 10 or 20 on here who say that repeatedly regardless.

2. I don't think it's unfair to call out the same people who say they're not going because 'we're crap' when they are the first to moan and whine about our alleged poor squad, and expect Carol to fund it all herself without their financial support.

1. I don’t see how it’s possible to not think we’ve been crap after not winning for 12 league games.

2. I’d imagine that’s a very small number of people. We’ve sold around 8k home tickets. So really the only people who haven’t bought are the floaters who barely come to any games, in which case I doubt they’re invested/interested enough to be moaning at carol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powerline said:

1. I don’t see how it’s possible to not think we’ve been crap after not winning for 12 league games.

2. I’d imagine that’s a very small number of people. We’ve sold around 8k home tickets. So really the only people who haven’t bought are the floaters who barely come to any games, in which case I doubt they’re invested/interested enough to be moaning at carol.

1. We won 100% of the last game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Powerline said:

If we had won 2 of the 11 we would be 10th and everyone would be relaxed, not as if we have not been in games. Next 7 weeks will be testing,  Possibility of fitting up to 5 cup ties into January would take some doing . However a game at a time, 2 more  games before Boro.

5 hours ago, philmpv said:
On 05/12/2023 at 21:58, smithie said:
As much as I admire and support Carol's aim to grow crowds towards 10k, l think she's over-optimistic. Never mind that, we've got a job holding on to our core of 4-5k now that the post-promotion buzz has dissipated along with the novelty of being back in League One.
I'd understand if the other team in The Potteries were doing much but they aren't. We might as well face it..... we're small-time.

The core 4-5k, of which I'm one, will be there through thick and thin, and always have been

I think we're at a crossroads right now. We tend to have our season after promotion where attendances grow to the 7 / 8k level, the away average grows to 1k. But then if there's no further progression on the field they start to decrease back down to the regular 4 / 5k. 

Vale's attendances are a very odd thing to analyse. There was a time around the LDV season 2000/01 after relegation from the Championship that we were getting 3k. I remember being really happy that we got 5k at home in the LDV semi final v Lincoln. So we've grown the core fan base since those days.

The challenge is always the next step, getting us to the 7k mark we were getting last season and keeping them. We'd have to have a league one promotion challenge to get to that level in my opinion. That way we'd probably get to around the 7 / 8k regulars. 10k is currently way off.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2023 at 13:05, Jesse James said:

Hot off the press, thought I had better get my Stevenage ticket before today’s game so popped in the ticket office, home ticket sales as of today just short of 8,000! Nearly 3000 in Hamil, 2000 in railway std, 1000 + in Lorne st, 1000+ in paddock 800 corporate.

Sorry to say this doesn't add up. There are loads left if you go on the website. The Hamil looks like the Bycars used to look on a matchday with seats everywhere unsold. The Lorne St looks just over half full. 

Still time but I can see an 8k gate on the cards !