onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Middlesborough H EFL QF Tickets/Crowd

Valiant62

Advert

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

First round not a Quarter Final hence a low price

Point being, if you want to watch the Vale and can't afford £25 you can see them for £10.00. 

It feels like some folk want the club to cut prices to suit them because it's Christmas.

I wonder if all the shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants will be dropping prices "because it's Christmas". 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, smithie said:

Point being, if you want to watch the Vale and can't afford £25 you can see them for £10.00. 

It feels like some folk want the club to cut prices to suit them because it's Christmas.

I wonder if all the shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants will be dropping prices "because it's Christmas". 

Tbf All football clubs should take into consideration we are in a cost of living crisis. £25 is a lot if you are not in a well paid job...regardless that it is a 'one off game'...and after all the wages generally in the Stoke area are well below average

14 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Tbf All football clubs should take into consideration we are in a cost of living crisis. £25 is a lot if you are not in a well paid job...regardless that it is a 'one off game'...and after all the wages generally in the Stoke area are well below average

I work on the principle that if I can’t afford something I don’t buy it. I don’t demand that the seller reduces the price so I can afford it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I cant imagine Middlesbrough (also a low paid area) agreeing to anything less than the current £25 quid for a league cup quarter final when they are paying £32  for their home games in the league.

If someone wanted to watch Vale for less there are loads of opportunities including the last  few rounds of this cup !!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I work on the principle that if I can’t afford something I don’t buy it. I don’t demand that the seller reduces the price so I can afford it. 

That is how capitalism works from a business perspective yes, but in many examples your analogy doesn't fit the reality of people who do struggle. If  a person can't afford a loaf of bread or food then as a desperate measure they would  have to borrow the money to get that food.

A football club is there for the community. It used to be, for example, that unemployed people used to attend on reduced rates, and football was accessible to all, instead many football clubs have unwittingly priced many people out of attending. 

Whilst a football club has to be ran sensibly financially the people running it should remember that a club is a stone of the community and not a business. That is the principle that I would use.

I really do feel that the current Vale owners have priced out many fans who wish to attend. A 9% increase in pay on the day admission prices in two years is a large increase.

10 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

That is how capitalism works from a business perspective yes, but in many examples your analogy doesn't fit the reality of people who do struggle. If  a person can't afford a loaf of bread or food then as a desperate measure they would  have to borrow the money to get that food.

A football club is there for the community. It used to be, for example, that unemployed people used to attend on reduced rates, and football was accessible to all, instead many football clubs have unwittingly priced many people out of attending. 

Whilst a football club has to be ran sensibly financially the people running it should remember that a club is a stone of the community and not a business. That is the principle that I would use.

I really do feel that the current Vale owners have priced out many fans who wish to attend. A 9% increase in pay on the day admission prices in two years is a large increase.

But way below the rate of inflation and on a par with most other League One clubs. Check out the prices at the likes of Bolton who get far bigger gates yet still charge more than us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

The better we get the high up the food chain we go so the less folk will come and watch us because of the rising prices!!  If we get to the Champs League the ground will be empty!

You won't catch me there that's for sure. I am a man. I will make a stand.