onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

So are you saying we only had one iron in the fire, so no plan B then.

It would appear the plan fell apart late on deadline day. If there was a plan B it was too late to follow it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JRC said:

It would appear the plan fell apart late on deadline day. If there was a plan B it was too late to follow it.

We were probably on plan D in any case. If a  club decides not to lend /sell very late on the gamble fails. Playing safe does not get the quality or costs more. Hopefully next Jan we will be comfortable with all the essential business done in the Summer, al least we can always hope.

33 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Liverpool tracking Arblaster, wonder how much they would pay?

They need to replace Thiago. However, given the whole of Liverpool's football management side are leaving at the end of the season I'm not clear who will do what then. I guess they are more prepared than I'm making out.

The big issue next Summer is where Mbappe will or won't go. Liverpool are second favourites behind Real Madrid. Real Madrid do not necessarily need him because they have Vinicius Junior. If Real Madrid drop out, then he is likely to come to Liverpool or stay at PSG accepting lower wages than he might have got at Real Madrid. 

Where am I going with this? Well, if Liverpool really do get Mbappe they will be looking for an affordable replacement for Thiago and then maybe Arblaster or similar comes into play as the clever signing. 

Edited by Warren

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

JRC, surely we should have been active and not just relying on one person. Especially with our form.

You can't just have someone sitting in the next door room, just in case your first choice deal falls through.  Once it's down to the last couple of hours either the deal works out or you do a Wrexham or Bristol Rovers. 

• Like 1

Have to remember that Liverpool will be trying to win the PL and CL next season. Those who have been to Anfield on a CL night will appreciate how good you have to be to get near a top side. My last game there pre covid was PSG. Their front three was Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani. That's the level Liverpool have to match on the pitch.

Edited by Warren

7 minutes ago, robf said:

Some comments on t'Oatcake suggesting Dwight Gayle was spotted at Vale Park today. Anyone near to Vale Park know if there's any truth in it? 

It could be total nonsense/mischief making of course...

I just came here to ask the same thing. Had a text off a mate (who probably got it off another mate), that he’s been seen. 

2 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

I just came here to ask the same thing. Had a text off a mate (who probably got it off another mate), that he’s been seen. 

I just posted on the match day because I couldn’t find this one 😂

A very very strong rumour. If it’s not him we definitely have someone else lined up.

2 hours ago, robf said:

Some comments on t'Oatcake suggesting Dwight Gayle was spotted at Vale Park today. Anyone near to Vale Park know if there's any truth in it? 

It could be total nonsense/mischief making of course...

There's a podcast with Dave Flitcroft on Twitter and we are talking to a free agent. I would suspect it's Gayle.