onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

31 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

The majority of fans will be there to support the team Saturday, the recriminations can wait until later especially as nothing will now change until the Summer. 
I must say though our record of signing strikers over the last couple of years is appalling. I would probably say in that time only Wilson has been good enough and he’s by probably been available for less than half his available games due to injury.

The team will get my full support tomorrow but this window reminds me of the one where we sold Alnwick and Grant and that didn’t end well.

Trust me. If we lose to bottom of the table Fleetwood on Saturday, those fans will let all hell break loose.

Carol hasn’t got the foggiest idea of what she, Flitcroft, and Crosby will face if we lose.

Let’s just hope we get a win with it going in off somebody’s backside.

Advert

16 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

The team will get my full support tomorrow but this window reminds me of the one where we sold Alnwick and Grant and that didn’t end well.

I wouldn’t say it’s as a bad a window as that one when we literally sold the Crown Jewels, but I’m really struggling to believe that we haven’t signed a LWB, or striker and moved Loft on, as it just hasn’t worked for him here. 

I think, unnecessarily, we can look forward to another similar end to last season. 

Is it me, or does anyone else get the feeling we are ‘playing for time’ until something happens i.e. a really big move for one of the youngsters, a ‘Robbie’ takeover or some other capital injection into the club.

It feels again to be a case of our aspirations being nothing more than getting the right side of the red line come May and ‘going again’ rather than trying to establish ourselves as a solid mid table side which we can then try & build on. Maybe this is all we can afford to do??

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I wouldn’t say it’s as a bad a window as that one when we literally sold the Crown Jewels, but I’m really struggling to believe that we haven’t signed a LWB, or striker and moved Loft on, as it just hasn’t worked for him here. 

I think, unnecessarily, we can look forward to another similar end to last season. 

Is it me, or does anyone else get the feeling we are ‘playing for time’ until something happens i.e. a really big move for one of the youngsters, a ‘Robbie’ takeover or some other capital injection into the club.

It feels again to be a case of our aspirations being nothing more than getting the right side of the red line come May and ‘going again’ rather than trying to establish ourselves as a solid mid table side which we can then try & build on. Maybe this is all we can afford to do??

Was never going move loft on. He's played for 2 efl teams this season already so unless he went abroad or non league it wouldn't happen & going off his form & record over his career who is even going to want him. Disappointed not to bring a wing back or striker in tho hopefully there's some out of contract now we could look at 🤷🏼‍♂️ we are where we're at now so we have to move on. Up the Vale 👍🏻 I've now got used to us having a poor strike force which isn't a great thing 😂

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

I'm giving them till midday today. I'm sure as long as your paperwork was filed by 11 last night the ratification can follow.

I'm hoping in the face of overwhelming evidence that Flitcroft has done his job and got us someone and it's just held up at the FA.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

I can break down your post so easy.

Shes a nice compassionate lady who puts port vale and Burslem first…… Let’s go through that. Compassionate? Sent DC on his way. Compassion shown only until it didn’t suit her. Vale and Burslem first? Extortionate car parking prices. Couldn’t give a <ovf censored> about Burslem in general. Unless of course it’s for her virtue signaling look at me conquests so she can go on radio 5 live.

Flitcroft. “Everything football will go through Dave”. How’s that going? No strikers. Another piss poor window. But ooooooo look Carol, we can dine out with Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, look at us!! Bring Robbie along to make your ego even bigger!!

Crosby…. “We’re stuck with him”?????

How does that work then? He’s abysmal at his job. If he was manager under Smurthwaite the fans would be shouting for his head but noooo. And why? Because the fanbase have been brainwashed by Carol who’s brainwashed by Flitcroft! It ain’t rocket science sunshine! We’re on a collision course with league 2 in 3 months time and your theory is “we are stuck with him”…… Like he’s some chained idiot we can’t get rid of. We can. The facts are he’s another in power where she’s brainwashed.

And finally. If you do know who I am then come and approach me. I’m easily accessible if you do know me. But you don’t. You’re just giving it large. “Whom” ever you are.

Enjoy your day.

Go back to supporting Stoke fella , oh the D.C. stuff turning up to work pissed up , sitting in his office drinking brandy….was challenged by DF and AC he started a fight with DF ,would you condone this from an employee? She. Acted in best interests of vale there pal 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rockape99 said:

Go back to supporting Stoke fella , oh the D.C. stuff turning up to work pissed up , sitting in his office drinking brandy….was challenged by DF and AC he started a fight with DF ,would you condone this from an employee? She. Acted in best interests of vale there pal 

You’ve just made a massive idiot of yourself. To me anyway. Because “go back to supporting Stoke fella” means you don’t know me at all.

If you do. If you want a chat. And if you “know me” like you say. You know where I am.

Youre welcome sunshine.

Like I said. Have a great day. 

“Then a box finisher. Over the next four to six weeks, I know our creation and xG will improve and we will get more aggression in that area. We are looking for that box striker, someone who anticipates and is on the move and scores goals.

“They night not necessarily get involved in the build up, but that type of striker is something we have probably not had at the club since I have been here. Someone who just enjoys scoring goals.

“People might say he can’t do this or that, but he scores goals. That type of striker is our number one target.”

Dave Flitcroft in The Valiant 8th December edition

Smashed the number one priority haven't we?

7 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

To be honest we have definitely strengthened are squad. Looking at the positives we have some good young talent from bigger teams exposing us to lots of other teams looking at loaning players out. If we are going to get out this league we need to get out with loan help. I hope that the cost cutting measures are so we can risk it on some decent players to get us out the league next season. 

We don’t need to spend more net to get out of this league, we’ll be out at the end of the season, just the wrong way.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

And one more point. God help if your daughter hung herself. How dare you make out DC to be the bad guy. I’m amazed he’s still functioning as a man. And if that be true we should have helped him even more than we did. Not just kick him into touch. 

Give me a million Darrel Clarkes over one Flitcroft or Crosby.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

You’ve just made a massive idiot of yourself. To me anyway. Because “go back to supporting Stoke fella” means you don’t know me at all.

If you do. If you want a chat. And if you “know me” like you say. You know where I am.

Youre welcome sunshine.

Like I said. Have a great day. 

Oh well I will see you next home game and we will discuss the bile you speak 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gore and Weir were enforced due to the Blaster and Devine recall.

Williams was a mighty balls up.

Lopata then a last-minute signing to sort out the balls up. He'll probably be quite good.

Mighten is a winger, and we don't play wingers.

The publicly stated targets were ST and LWB - we signed neither.

We are down to Loft and Wilson up front.

We didn't replace Garrity. 

I don't know if we'll go down, but Flitcroft has had an absolute shocker. Scrambling around at the last minute and not delivering his own publicly stated targets. Again, he seems to be so obsessed with long-term stuff (which must be really fun), he completely neglects the short-term pressures of winning games of football.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

Would it be unreasonable for Flitcroft to offer an explanation as to the utter failure to sign a striker ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

VB, I’d prefer silence, that’s become the norm from the club. I wouldn’t believe anything that comes out of the club anymore. The fans who pay to enter the ground are being mugged off. We sign no one, possibly because we have no money, however do we have any decent players, we’ve signed enough and don’t make profits from our transfers.

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 1