onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

It’s all very frustrating. Carol holding an evening with handpicked guests to fawn over Robbie Williams, while real fans are asking when we will get some proper players in. 

If I didn’t know better, I’d say she owns Vale for the social aspects and as a supper club rather than any burning desire to see a successful football team. It seems like one big community social club…for her. 

• Confused 3

Advert

16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

It’s all very frustrating. Carol holding an evening with handpicked guests to fawn over Robbie Williams, while real fans are asking when we will get some proper players in. 

If I didn’t know better, I’d say she owns Vale for the social aspects and as a supper club rather than any burning desire to see a successful football team. It seems like one big community social club…for her. 

Where's Smurf when we need him?  Hang on, what's Bill Bratt doing?  A real fan he was

Edited by Old fort
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I know hob-nobbing with multi-millionaire, Port Vale fan Robbie Williams! She'll be encouraging/persuading him to put some wedge in the club next. And should Robbie actually dare to put any of his money in the club in the future, well, there'll be hell to pay.

Edited by Diego Maradona
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I know hob-nobbing with multi-millionaire, Port Vale fan Robbie Williams! She'll be encouraging/persuading him to put some wedge in the club next. And should Robbie actually dare to put any of his money in the club in the future, well, there'll be hell to pay.

I’ll believe when I see it. 30 years and counting for RW to get his wallet out. He only did it last time to buy shares to save Bratt. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I’ll believe when I see it. 30 years and counting for RW to get his wallet out. He only did it last time to buy shares to save Bratt. 

No he didn’t. He bought shares to save the club like me and many others.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

You just love winding people up 😂 

Are u going answer my question yet on how u know that after the robbie concert he just left the pitch in a right state?? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You just love winding people up 😂 

Are u going answer my question yet on how u know that after the robbie concert he just left the pitch in a right state?? 

TJH makes it sound like he thinks Robbie should have been out there after the gig with a lawnmower and a pitchfork sorting the pitch out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I think some of the long-term strategy stuff is important. Whilst I couldn't care less if there was no food served, no entertainment, no comfort for when I take a pee, unfortunately it is a massive part of attending for some people. Most people on here would watch Vale in an old cow shed but such is the competition to get people's money off them these days, the match day has to be an experience. My daughter would have hated attending during the Bill Bratt/Smurthwaite days, where literally zero thought was put into the match day experience. There simply had to be some expenditure in the infrastructure of the club. Unfortunately, infrastructure and the football team need to be spent on side by side and I just don't think Carol or the club have the finances to do both to be instantly successful. If it were my business, I would be looking for someone to sponsor the ground, looking for a sponsor of the shirt other than synectics, I'd be looking to beg Donaldson and other very wealthy Vale fans to become shareholders. It's a real bottomless pit and Synectics do not turnover huge amounts of money. Unfortunately, football fans are short termist and if we lose some of the playoff bounce we'll never see these fans again.

What I think has also got people's goat is the community stuff, which while admirable, is not the sole job of a football club. There's got to be engagement with the local community because it gets other local businesses involved (and spending money) and all businesses should have some focus on social responsibility. But it shouldn't be the overriding focus of the club. The focus is the football team...end of. Any of the nice bells and whistles should come once the club has become a success on the pitch. Once you get to the Championship and Premier league, you have the money and resource to plough into these things.

Carol seems like a nice person. I met her before she became owner and she is a genuine person. But sometimes you can't help but think that her focus is on changing the world for the better rather than focusing on getting a successful football club.

She's done a fantastic job on some things and the ground and pitch is unrecognisable compared to 10 years ago. I just think someone needs to refocus her on the purpose of a football club. We're not a charity.

EXACTLY THIS!!!!!