onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

11 minutes ago, Warren said:

Loft needs to be revitalised. Get him fit, get him some game time, let's see what he has actually got when fully functional.

I think Loft's form is a tricky one, almost a chicken and egg situation... he needs game time to recapture any sort of form but Vale need to be in position where putting a badly out of form player on won't affect the result  (i.e. either comfortably winning or (not great) no chance of winning). Ideally, it needs to be minutes when Vale are winning if he is to get confidence but realistically how many games will Vale be comfortable enough in front to give him say a 15 minute run out. Not many, I would guess. 

It's such a pity he's played for two clubs - a loan out would be the perfect move. 

I wonder if loaning him out is what the Vale will do next season if he hasn't done anything by the end of this one? It seems sensible - put him somewhere where he can get gametime and hopefully recapture form and potentially recall him in January if he's doing well. 

• Like 3

Advert

1 hour ago, robf said:

If we were to get a striker in on loan, I'd be happy if it was Michael Mellon. It was mentioned a while back in this thread he'd been recalled by Burnley after a good spell for Morecambe. He's eligible to play for a club (having only played for Morecambe this season) and perhaps Burnley would be happy to see him step up a division?

I'm not sure what other clubs are in for him, but sure Messrs Crosby and Flitcroft can email over their Powerpoint (file name: port-vale-is-the-right-club-for-your-loanee.ppt) with all the selling points? 

Dont know if he has gone yet but rumoured to be on his way to Dundee on loan Rob

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would take Smith or Knibbs off them

We were reportedly after Smith in the summer.  I assume he went there for the money.  Why were they paying big wages when they had no money to pay them??

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We were reportedly after Smith in the summer.  I assume he went there for the money.  Why were they paying big wages when they had no money to pay them??

Down to the EFL i guess Jean as they made a lot of signings who on paper were decent 

Seen some Vale fans moaning about loan signings. We should all just be happy we're now able to attract some top British talent to the club. Arblaster, Devine, Gore... We could only dream of these players a year or two ago. Just enjoy them for the 6 months or however long they are here as we all want to see some quality on the pitch. I've given Flitcroft some stick but I will also give him credit here as without his influence, we would be still signing dross on loan that only offer an extra body.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Apparently Smith took a pay cut to move to Reading. Has supported the club from a boy.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

He was with them as a youth player. The Cambridge manager said they were losing players because they were getting better offers elsewhere.  I'd be very surprised if he's on less than he was at Cambridge. He may well have had better offers elsewhere. 

Edited by JRC

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Agree mate. No way we are done. 

Still need a ST on loan and a permanent LWB for me. Given the number of inexperienced players in our squad, regardless of ability or potential, I don’t feel it’s practical to rely on Shorrock to deputise for Grant especially if things get tight towards the bottom 4.

Our loan business is great but we have to focus on the short/medium term goals as well with a permanent signing.

Is an ST a season ticket holder?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warren said:

The young players handed contracts need to be ready to play regularly in the team next season. 

With strikers it depends on whether we keep Uche. I'm happy we have enough up front for the remainder of the season if he is staying. Loft needs to be revitalised. Get him fit, get him some game time, let's see what he has actually got when fully functional. We have enough going forward for the moment.

We've strengthened overall in midfield and at the back. I think we can climb the league. It's very frustrating we have to play Portsmouth on Saturday, but we can get a result. 

why do they, they are 18 year olds 🙄