onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

27 minutes ago, JRC said:

I think the big bans are for betting on matches a player could influence,  or was playing in. You could argue that is to support the gambling companies.  

I'm sure I read somewhere  that Clark got a limited punishment because he was betting on overseas football. I think it was treated as more of a technical breach; as he probably couldn't influence Real Madrid vs Barcelona. 

I read the summary of the Clark hearing. The lenient punishment was because he was fully co-operative with the enquiry and sought immediate help. Toney, by contrast got a harsher ban because he was accused by them of trying to conceal some of his bets (presumably not disclosing bank statements, betting account statements and so on). 

• Like 1

Advert

15 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

In the short term we could become a conveyor belt of young, talented prospects from the Premiership. Give them plenty of game time in League 1 for then to be recalled back and train with their parent clubs (Blaster) or moved up a league (Devine).

Obviously, we won't do this with every loanee but we must becoming more attractive to Premiership clubs who want to give their decent talented young uns some game time. Benefits us and them.

The important thing is I can see Gore is 100% ready for L1 level football and to play in our midfield. I am much more confident that we can climb the league to safety watching the above. I think he will be great with Chislett. Do I have a concern? It's only about getting injured because the opposition close him down forcefully. But that's true if he was at PL level as well. 

I don't really understand what Man Utd are doing. If he was at Liverpool he'd be getting worked into the first team pro-actively. Instead Man Utd keep signing expensive older players.

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, robf said:

I read the summary of the Clark hearing. The lenient punishment was because he was fully co-operative with the enquiry and sought immediate help. Toney, by contrast got a harsher ban because he was accused by them of trying to conceal some of his bets (presumably not disclosing bank statements, betting account statements and so on). 

Thanks Rob .... just found it. He seemed to like accumulators and losing money.

2 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Marriot apparently on just over 4k a week , not even in Fleetwoods top 3 earners.

Has that come off him? not a dig just wondering where that info is from as it was Alan Nixon who said he was one of the highest paid players in League One and they want him off their wage bill

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Has that come off him? not a dig just wondering where that info is from as it was Alan Nixon who said he was one of the highest paid players in League One and they want him off their wage bill

Need to make sure Fleetwood keep going glug, glug, glug as their holed boat with drowned owner goes down. It's a tough world football and massively about survival of the fittest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vtid said:

i really rate whitfield. I mentioned i'd like see us go in for him again last season but got laughed at. Having another good season at Barrow & he would fit in nicely in one of our 10s roles 

Vtid, I thought his attitude had changed for the worse in his second spell

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, robf said:

Yes, there are two aspects to the situation. There is what you have done (past) and what you may do in future. Punishment for past actions is necessary to sanction the person, maintain integrity of the rules and deter others from offending. The person can't be allowed to carry on offending or to fail at some future point in time and fall back into offending. Therefore punishment is usually not enough to deter future offending as we often see with drink drivers. The heart of the addiction must be addressed through treatment and adopting a life style change. But there isn't absolute assurance this will work and therefore I do wonder what monitoring and enforcement programme the authorities have put in place for Toney going forward. A second spell of offending would be a failure for everyone and surely could lead to a lifetime ban?

Betting is different to drinking and smoking. In the modern game excesses of these are semi self resolving because of the direct decline in performance resulting in being dropped. But a better can appear to be performing well until they throw the game in someway. Football can observe what happened in snooker and what a mess it caused. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

Vtid, I thought his attitude had changed for the worse in his second spell

yeah agreed there's a player in there for me. But if the attitude isn't right it's not going to work is it. Certainly enjoying his time at barrow now 

• Like 1

Only at the Vale do I see the player taking the kick off passing it directly back to the goal keeper.

I was watching a game the other week and a player took a throw in and instead of throwing the ball up the line he threw it to a teammate who was further back. Games gone mad

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Warren, I see it as the worst addiction as your body can only take a limited amount of alcohol or drugs. 

The quickest ways to death can be ranked. 1. drug overdose. 2. alcoholism. 3. betting. Betting can lead on to 1 and 2.  

7 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I was watching a game the other week and a player took a throw in and instead of throwing the ball up the line he threw it to a teammate who was further back. Games gone mad

That happens thousands of times each season surely