onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

Someone is clearly feeding these journo’s something though no idea who. I can’t for the life of me think it’d be from Vale as it’s not something we’ve done before. Putting very unnecessary pressure on the lad if it’s his agent.

Advert

24 minutes ago, robf said:

I've done a piece on the Brazier rumours on the front page. It may be useful if anyone is catching up. The response from Vale suggests these reports are hugely wide of the mark...

The more I think about it can only be his agent. Whether his motivation is trying to force Vales hand into offering him pro terms I don’t know. If it is the case of the agent playing games he should really stop and consider the potential negative effect on Brazier.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

My apologies.

My point is that we have been playing better and scoring more goals since we abandoned the tippy, tappy boring slow possession football.

You do not need to have loads of possession to score goals and win games of football

Your stats prove little.  Look at the numbers for the wins v Cobblers or Wigan for example, both of which we won with loads of possession from memory.  Equally there are plenty of games where the opposition had more possession than us and won.  Tippy tappy football is fine, possession is fine, the only bit you’ve got right is the tempo.  There has to be some zip no matter what style of football we wish to play.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

Liam Brazier young Vale talent on the radar of "Spanish Giants Barcelona", it might well be " pie in the sky", but the information has surfaced from somewhere.

Whatever speculation there is surely to a certain degree is good news for the club in general. Can never remember a season like this for so much young talent coming off the Vale Academy production line and integrated into the first team squad.

Also this season bringing in " Premier League Young Talents", Olly Arblaster and Alfie Devine who today made his Championship debut for Plymouth Argyle and had an assist in one of Plymouth's goals.

Vale have know brought in Jensen Weir from Brighton, who was very productive last season at Morecambe. Now young centre back Rhys Williams from Liverpool and a possibility of another talented young starlet Dan Gore midfield player from Manchester United.

I think it is amazing that a club such as PORT VALE can attract young talent that want to learn their footballing trade at Vale and fair play to Andy Crosby. He may well not be everyone's cup of tea. But full admiration to him for giving youth chance and introducing Premier League Starlets of the future to " The Wembley of The North at Vale Park".

UTV

What I like about the Mirror article is that it ‘bigs up’ the club (Andy Crosby particularly) too ( not just Brazier) on how good we are with giving young talent from ‘elite’ clubs opportunities to shine. It’s obviously a load of tosh about the potential big transfers but otherwise puts the club in a good light regards young player development.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

The more I think about it can only be his agent. Whether his motivation is trying to force Vales hand into offering him pro terms I don’t know. If it is the case of the agent playing games he should really stop and consider the potential negative effect on Brazier.

Whilst I agree about the effect on the lad, if it is his agent I can't help but admire the chutzpah of it. Trying to get him a pro contract, could say he's had interest from/discussions with Championship clubs, or someone relatively local and bigger like Derby or Forest, but no. We ask the agent 'who's enquired about him then?' and he says "errrm... Borussia Dortmund, Barca, a few prem teams, you know, the usual people I definitely regularly talk to as a big name agent for league one youth players".

The cojones on it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

Liam Brazier young Vale talent on the radar of "Spanish Giants Barcelona", it might well be " pie in the sky", but the information has surfaced from somewhere.

Whatever speculation there is surely to a certain degree is good news for the club in general. Can never remember a season like this for so much young talent coming off the Vale Academy production line and integrated into the first team squad.

Also this season bringing in " Premier League Young Talents", Olly Arblaster and Alfie Devine who today made his Championship debut for Plymouth Argyle and had an assist in one of Plymouth's goals.

Vale have know brought in Jensen Weir from Brighton, who was very productive last season at Morecambe. Now young centre back Rhys Williams from Liverpool and a possibility of another talented young starlet Dan Gore midfield player from Manchester United.

I think it is amazing that a club such as PORT VALE can attract young talent that want to learn their footballing trade at Vale and fair play to Andy Crosby. He may well not be everyone's cup of tea. But full admiration to him for giving youth chance and introducing Premier League Starlets of the future to " The Wembley of The North at Vale Park".

UTV

Very good points

• Like 1

Liam Brazier wonderkid not yet bit let's hope he is .

I think he come on v Wrexham did ok in fairness other than that I cannot remember seeing him play.

Let's hope Barcelona are interested in him 

UTV 

11 hours ago, andy jones said:

...BTW what message does it send to the opposition and our supporters when at our kick off the ball is immediately passed back to the keeper without any other player touching it. Total negativity.

It doesn't send out any kind of message, when so many other teams do it, as well!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Reading are still paying to use their under soil heating! If they can’t pay the players but they can stick the under soil on, albeit for a limited period, that’s just dreadful financial management. I have little sympathy for a club that has way overreached itself relying on sugar daddies. 

It's dreadful management not paying the players! But - as i said - it wasn't a case of Reading fans being moaners, but having reasonable worries about the future of their club!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Goals win football matches, so call me Mr picky but we need cover up front first .

So Mr Picky - remind me what position our leading goalscorer plays in?

It's your blinkered attitude about signing a striker...and ignoring the possibility of signing a player from a different position!