onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

Jake Young "pulled up in training" for Bradford on Friday, so he couldn't play any part on Saturday for them.

Very interestingly, if he had played for Bradford on Saturday, he'd have been ineligible to play for another football league club this season having already played for Swindon.

He's clearly sniffing a move!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Bradford City are an enigma. Clearly are a bigger and better supported club than Port Vale. But massively under achieving in L2. Surely, they want to assemble a promotion team. If they are going to sell a goal scorer they should only do so for a large fee. Bradford's average attendance is 17,855 this season. 

Based on ticket sales,  not true attendance, similar to the <ovf censored> down the road. £198 full price for a season ticket means a lot buy a season ticket and don’t attend too often, these are counted when they fudge their attendance.

Their FA cup tie at home to Wycombe attracted 3600 fans- this will be a true attendance and probably closer to their average attendance.

Bradford although a bigger club than us are not as big a club as a lot are lead to believe. 

• Like 3

What is with Vale fans and wanting us to sign ex Vale players.

In the past few days, I have heard the names of James Gibbons, Kian Harratt and Ryan Innis.

Wonder if we tapped up Steve Guppy at Wycombe the other week,

I really like the sound of Jake Young. Ticks all the boxes that we should be looking at. Hopefully its true and we can pull the deal off

• Like 1

Just now, philpvfc said:

Based on ticket sales,  not true attendance, similar to the <ovf censored> down the road. £198 full price for a season ticket means a lot buy a season ticket and don’t attend too often, these are counted when they fudge their attendance.

Their FA cup tie at home to Wycombe attracted 3600 fans- this will be a true attendance and probably closer to their average attendance.

Bradford although a bigger club than us are not as big a club as a lot are lead to believe. 

I have said this many times before, I have no problem with clubs counting season tickets for every home league game because at the end of the day, those seats have been paid for at the start of the season and technically no one else can use those seats.

3,600 is not going to be anywhere near their "real" average attendance. Have you ever been to Bradford to watch the Vale?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Jake Young "pulled up in training" for Bradford on Friday, so he couldn't play any part on Saturday for them.

Very interestingly, if he had played for Bradford on Saturday, he'd have been ineligible to play for another football league club this season having already played for Swindon.

Bradford and Swindon stand on the same points in L2. Both are just about in range of Wimbledon who currently hold the last play off spot. 26 played, 34 points. Wimbledon 25 played, 39 points. It makes absolute sense for Bradford to stuff Swindon - 27 played, 34 points with a recall. Of course we need to organise a party at PV to celebrate Swindon being stuffed. 

19 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I have said this many times before, I have no problem with clubs counting season tickets for every home league game because at the end of the day, those seats have been paid for at the start of the season and technically no one else can use those seats.

3,600 is not going to be anywhere near their "real" average attendance. Have you ever been to Bradford to watch the Vale?

Yes, many times and I would estimate the attendance closer to 10,000, more than half the seats empty and the ground holds 25000. I have also said many times, it ain’t right to call an attendance based on ticket sales and tickets just given away, the clue is given in the name “attendance “

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Even if he is injured having “pulled up in training “ , then it’s guaranteed we’ll sign him, it’s what we do with strikers in the January window if last year is anything to go by (but Young might actually be worth the wait).  If it’s a ‘mystery’ injury then is he the type of player we’d want to sign -  is that type of behaviour conducive with passing our recruitment team’s di??head test?

21 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Yes, many times and I would estimate the attendance closer to 10,000, more than half the seats empty and the ground holds 25000. I have also said many times, it ain’t right to call an attendance based on ticket sales and tickets just given away, the clue is given in the name “attendance “

So its more like 10,000 not the 3,600?

I think season tickets should be counted because they have paid for that seat for every home game in the league but I agree with you that give outs should not be counted

17 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Even if he is injured having “pulled up in training “ , then it’s guaranteed we’ll sign him, it’s what we do with strikers in the January window if last year is anything to go by (but Young might actually be worth the wait).  If it’s a ‘mystery’ injury then is he the type of player we’d want to sign -  is that type of behaviour conducive with passing our recruitment team’s di??head test?

I think he has every right to play the injury card based on how he's been treated at Bradford. They shipped him out on loan to Swindon because Mark Hughes didn't fancy him & he proceeded to tear up League 2.

They've now recalled him hoping for the same in a Bradford shirt & the lad clearly wants to leave his options open based on League 1 clubs sniffing around him.

Fair play to him I say, would be pleasantly surprised & delighted if he rocked up at Vale.

• Like 2

If we are in for Young against Exeter then I suspect Exeter have the resources to outbid/pay Vale. They’ve done extremely well in recent years in the transfer market - this summer they apparently got £1m for Noumbe and £1m sell on from Ampadu going to Leeds from Chelsea.