onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

On 16/11/2023 at 15:20, MBE said:

Show Spurs how well we have looked after Devine then pitch for his club and international team mate Dane Scarlett. He’s a really dynamic player and would be excellent for us. 

Agree...and I hope how Alfie and Ollie have done will make it easier to loan top Prem club's players for the future? Didn't Forest use around 6 loanees in their promotion season?

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Agree...and I hope how Alfie and Ollie have done will make it easier to loan top Prem club's players for the future? Didn't Forest use around 6 loanees in their promotion season?

It really should help going after other loan players but somethings got to change otherwise PL clubs won't be sending prized assets to a relegation scrap.

34 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
4 hours ago, 1 said:
Garrity is averaging nearly 1 in 3 from midfield. Looking like 10-15 easy for the season. 1/2 mil for him would be a nice return for a player signed as a L2 fringe player.

Why sell the only regular scorer we have ?

Only a few months into a 2 year deal, under 30 (27?) and if he does score double figures in L1 from midfield would think £0.5 mil is a minimum (would Blackpool have had a sell on or did we get Ben as free agent?) Of the few positives there are in this poor run, one is Crozzer finding a position/formation/way of playing that suits Ben, he’s still the ratting/competitive, box to box midfielder he’s always been but he’s now getting in positions to score more often compared to last season and more importantly actually scoring when he’s there.  It’s ironic that he is not the most technically gifted of our midfielders but currently has the most impact on the goals front at least.

• Like 2

On 21/11/2023 at 08:25, EricHamesis said:

From what I've observed since it's been in general use "woke" is a term of abuse for people the user doesn't agree with.

I think it's more like people being offended on behalf of someone else who hasn't said they would feel offended in the first place?* It's also about pre-empting someone being offended over something inoffensive...like the word "Christmas", which doesn't seem to be offensive to anyone who isn't a Christian, yet there are people who have tiptoed around this for several years. My (Asian) newspaper shop always respond to me saying "Whatever you celebrate, have a lovely Christmas holiday period" by thanking me, shaking hands with me and wishing me a Merry Christmas.

* There are plenty of genuine examples - look at the people who have fallen foul of the "cancel culture" - they're not all raving Right-wingers!!! 

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 08:52, The man in the pub said:

Know nothing about the guy other than he is a midfielder. Anyone else out there think we ought to be looking at strikers, preferably ones who score goals?

We should also be looking at available and talented players for development...regardless of their position? Get a season, or more, out of them then sell on for a profit is the model we are looking to establish!

• Like 1

For me I think we'll end up spending on another striker and a left back in January and, now that we've got an "in" to teams in the Championship and Premier League, we'll also try and get a loan from higher up in the Striker Dept. 

Once we have our full squad back and weve added a couple more players, we could get back to the sort of results we had at the start of the season. 

Be lovely to get a result tonight. I'd also love us to score more than one goal to shut people up/give AC a bit of breathing space so the club can concentrate on something else than people losing their <ovf censored>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Osh said:

For me I think we'll end up spending on another striker and a left back in January and, now that we've got an "in" to teams in the Championship and Premier League, we'll also try and get a loan from higher up in the Striker Dept. 

Once we have our full squad back and weve added a couple more players, we could get back to the sort of results we had at the start of the season. 

Be lovely to get a result tonight. I'd also love us to score more than one goal to shut people up/give AC a bit of breathing space so the club can concentrate on something else than people losing their <ovf censored>

‘Full squad’ might not include Arblaster and Devine come January 

1 hour ago, gags 64 said:

Devine didn't look a happy bunny when he stormed off up the tunnel after being hooked

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

I would hope that he was annoyed at his own poor performance, rather than at being subbed. Last night he contributed very little, apart from a 'pea-roller' of a shot in the first half.  Not sure we can keep playing both him and Arblaster in the same team against the better teams.

• Like 4