onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the lucks run out.

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

23 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Without doubt the luck has turned against us for a while.

Still totally bemused at the penalty not being given for the hatchet job on Chislett at Stevenage.

I see it went viral on EFL.

Yes, that one bit of luck can change momentum and yes it was undoubtedly a penalty but….if a team is relying on luck and penalties…is it really any good? 

On 25/10/2023 at 11:57, TJHValiant said:

It has a very “Bruno” feel to the season so far. We had an excellent start to the season under him and it drastically died a death just before the clocks went back. 

We haven't signed a lot of unknown players with no experience in the EFL though or an unknown manager...

On 24/10/2023 at 23:12, darren1810 said:

I'm saying that the stat of 16 shots is tripe . I'd love to know what constitutes a shot these days. Never In a million years have we had 16 shots. 

You can have a shot from 30 yards that gets blocked by a defender standing 5 yards away from you and it goes down that it was a shot which makes a mockery of "well we had more shots then they did"

For me the most influence “luck” has is with injuries.  The timing and duration of injuries is pretty hard to quantify.  A slight extra impact, twist, over extension or whatever can mean the difference between 2 weeks out or 6 months or worse.  Key players may pick up long term injuries or stay fully fit.  Plus injuries to players can coincide.  We’re pretty unlucky on that side of things right now.

Poor officiating is just that, individuals making mistakes or worse still bias, subconscious maybe, so it’s not so much luck involved there, although you could argue the officials could all be unsighted at a given moment.

Does luck even itself out?  Why should it?

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

You can have a shot from 30 yards that gets blocked by a defender standing 5 yards away from you and it goes down that it was a shot which makes a mockery of "well we had more shots then they did"

I think Ripley had at least one, in the second half. 

I think the saying is you make your own luck .

V Bolton 2 inches wide Balmers header at 0-1 the same with Garrity first half a few inches either side its 1-1 .

V Portsmouth Vale according to Portsmouth players and officials deserved be 3 goals ahead at half time I was there I can verify that's correct .

V Bristol Rovers started the game really well I think Garrity should have scored then it was a series of unfortunate events .

V Stevenage the whoever works for the refs said we should have had 2 pens .

V Peterboro a team who easily beat us twice last season in my opinion did not deserve beat us this tues in fact I was bewildered by the scoreline Vale absolutely hammered them last 30 mins the fact the ball wouldn't go in leaves me with  my own analysis.

LUCK is against us .

It will turn the other way soon enough as its deserved years ago I remember Vale beating mkdons 1-0 at mk Don's the performance generally was atrocious and they were so lucky in winning that game the luck ran out and we were duly relegated that season 2016/2017 (or 2017 /2018 .

I argued with someone that day and said we be relegated if performance levels remained like that they duly did and we were .

This team will do very well .

Stop been so dramatic 

UTV 

7 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Yes, that one bit of luck can change momentum and yes it was undoubtedly a penalty but….if a team is relying on luck and penalties…is it really any good? 

A win at Stevenage would have changed the players confidence and led to more positive results in subsequent games just at a time when it's needed.

Look at Burton's form since they won at Vale thanks to our charity defence.

On 04/10/2023 at 07:23, RayWalkers40yarder said:

...its all talk and no action.

...and yes i hate being right.

All talk and no action from who? And how would you know you hate being right? - it doesn't happen does it? If you can't see the difference between this team and last season's you really need to go to Specsavers! I

t's particularly galling that we've had another referee's apology - for not giving us 2 penalties against Stevenage!

17 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

To be denied as blatant a penalty as you'll ever see, which if scored could have secured a much needed win, can hardly be described as 'relying on luck'. 

Things are just falling the wrong side of the line for us at the moment that is true, I would argue our performances are no worse now then they were when we won 5 or 6 but the decisions we got then are not being given now and we've lost confidence in the final third.

Its frustrating as the overall performances are decent enough its just that final bit.

All talk and no action from who? And how would you know you hate being right? - it doesn't happen does it? If you can't see the difference between this team and last season's you really need to go to Specsavers! I
t's particularly galling that we've had another referee's apology - for not giving us 2 penalties against Stevenage!

Has it been confirmed that we’ve received an apology from the referee?

Archived