onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I Love the way we are playing

SFBT

1 hour ago, Phil500 said:

My concern is that we have been sussed. If the manager of an out of form Burton team nullified us what will the likes of Derby, Bolton and Portsmouth do? We will know in a couple of weeks time.

If we had our shooting boots on we would have scored a handful. They didn't nullify us or even close. They just took their chances, chances we handed them, and then put bodies on the line as would any team clinging on to a lead.

Advert

35 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's so funny about that? It's 100% accurate. Their style of play didn't restrict us to few chances, we had more chances than in any other game this season. That's a fact, so how anyone can say they nullified us is beyond me. You nullify a team by preventing them from playing their game and stop them creating chances. As a defensive unit they were actually really poor, we carved them open so many times. What they did well defensively was last ditch blocks and their keeper made great saves. That's not down to a managerial masterclass, that's individual players throwing their bodies on the line as a last ditch effort to prevent a goal. No manager sets up with last ditch tackles as part of their plan. If their plan was to nullify us, they failed massively. 

3 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

What's so funny about that? It's 100% accurate. Their style of play didn't restrict us to few chances, we had more chances than in any other game this season. That's a fact, so how anyone can say they nullified us is beyond me. You nullify a team by preventing them from playing their game and stop them creating chances. As a defensive unit they were actually really poor, we carved them open so many times. What they did well defensively was last ditch blocks and their keeper made great saves. That's not down to a managerial masterclass, that's individual players throwing their bodies on the line as a last ditch effort to prevent a goal. No manager sets up with last ditch tackles as part of their plan. If their plan was to nullify us, they failed massively. 

Its far from accurate.

We played well in parts, really well in those parts. The goalkeepers done what was food & drink to him with saves you would expect any keeper to save all day long. 

They came with a game plan that they executed really well.  Phil Sproson on the night said exactly the same thing and currently listening to the boys on the ale&vale podcast have said exactly the same thing about them executing their game plan really well.

The 2nd half we were never even at the races until about 25 minutes towards the end of the game.

If you nullify an opposition by allowing them to break through your lines and create 19 chances, 9 on target, then nullify has taken on a whole new meaning.

I'm just approaching the end of the pod and haven't heard the word nullify mentioned. I've heard them say we played really well, created more than enough chances win the game and Johnny gave their keeper man of the match.

Their plan was to frustrate, to take their chances when they came and <ovf censored> their way to 3 points. They executed those well. But they didn't nullify us, not even close.

1 hour ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

If you nullify an opposition by allowing them to break through your lines and create 19 chances, 9 on target, then nullify has taken on a whole new meaning.

I'm just approaching the end of the pod and haven't heard the word nullify mentioned. I've heard them say we played really well, created more than enough chances win the game and Johnny gave their keeper man of the match.

Their plan was to frustrate, to take their chances when they came and <ovf censored> their way to 3 points. They executed those well. But they didn't nullify us, not even close.

No point knocking when nobody is clearly home. 

10 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Exactly my reaction when you tried your best to insist we didn't dominate most of the game against Burton.

You need to up your meds perhaps.

Quite a number of people are saying we did not dominate most of the game including ex professional players like Phil Sproson.

It's a shame that you are a little bit deluded but Noel Gallagher once wrote "You only see what people want you to see"

12 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Wake up mate, who said anything about nullifying?

We had great spells towards the end of the first half and from the 65th minute onwards even on that, I enjoyed every minute of the game. I thought it was a cracking game.

Interesting to pint out that the ale&vale boys mentioned that Arblaster could have possibly been sent off and also Ripley after the final whistle but lets not mention that on here

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Wake up mate, who said anything about nullifying?

OK, it started here...

19 hours ago, Phil500 said:

the manager of an out of form Burton team nullified us

To which many disagreed, and replied with comments such as...

18 hours ago, Valiiant said:

They didn't nullify us or even close. 

To which you quoted and replied with...

17 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wide awake me mate. They didn't nullify us. 

Archived