onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I Love the way we are playing

SFBT

Advert

55 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Chislett is a huge player for us. Real brain around the box. Can only assume he's picked up a knock in training. We need him back sharpish. 

In AC’s post match interview think he said Chizzy ‘felt his hamstring’ after Tuesday’s game and though trained on Friday they didn’t want to risk him.  Hopefully he’ll be Ok for Tuesday since think that game is our best chance of getting any points from the next two games.

I thought the half time changes showed that we need pace up front, on Saturdays performance we should start with Thomas up front and Chissy or Massey alongside Garrity. Based on his two cameo performances, it won’t be long before Jessie is pushing for a starting place.

I thought the half time changes showed that we need pace up front, on Saturdays performance we should start with Thomas up front and Chissy or Massey alongside Garrity. Based on his two cameo performances, it won’t be long before Jessie is pushing for a starting place.
I think he is known as Jesse, not Jessie

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Generally good control all over the park.  The odd lapse apart, defensively we're looking much better. Midfield, we're certainly a much-improved outfit this season. The only fly in the ointment? Up front: As everyone knows, all the good build-up work is lost without that cutting edge in the last third of the pitch.  Overall, perhaps 7.5-8.0 out of 10, but unless we start to score more goals, watching PV (as it's so often been) will be very frustrating.

On 02/10/2023 at 00:18, Old fort said:

I fear that we are becoming a bit too predictable with the Ripley long ball/pass and seem to be relying on it too often. The patient build up is fine, but then we revert to an albeit,  calculated hoof ball.

We revert to the hoof as the patient build up gets us absolutely nowhere. I haven't watched England since the Euro's '21, they were exactly the same but stumbled to a good position. We are dropping like a stone, toothless, can not penetrate. It is awful. Massey....dear god, we will not be a good team until he goes to his level in the conference.

54 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

We revert to the hoof as the patient build up gets us absolutely nowhere. I haven't watched England since the Euro's '21, they were exactly the same but stumbled to a good position. We are dropping like a stone, toothless, can not penetrate. It is awful. Massey....dear god, we will not be a good team until he goes to his level in the conference.

If you have not watched England for over two years, how can you compare them to the Vale?

Serious question….do we any have ANY out and out strikers in ANY boys/men’s team at the club??? We have ambled along for what seems like years understocked in the forwards dept and are told they are in short supply so are expensive, so surely we could have ‘grown’ some of our own in that time?? 

Don’t get me wrong, some of our build up play is really good. However there are times when our build up play seems to be: Cass - Sang - Cass - Sang - Cass - Sang (five minutes later once the defending team are all behind the ball) Cass or Sang gets to the byline, cuts the ball back low into a crowded penalty area and the defender at the near post cuts it out.

Archived