onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

I Love the way we are playing

SFBT

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Interesting to pint out that the ale&vale boys mentioned that Arblaster could have possibly been sent off and also Ripley after the final whistle but lets not mention that on here

Well, Dan said he may have got away with one. Steve said it was an Amber card, between yellow and red, and I think Johnny had no issue with it.

In the ground it looked to me from the Hamil like he won the ball. I was surprised he even gave a free kick. Crosby was fuming when the ref blew up. I felt at the time that the ref responded to their Manager's antics, going mad on the touchline.

And re Ripley, if he did get sent off after the final whistle (which he didn't) what difference would that have made on the game? Not sure what point you're making there.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Well, Dan said he may have got away with one. Steve said it was an Amber card, between yellow and red, and I think Johnny had no issue with it.

In the ground it looked to me from the Hamil like he won the ball. I was surprised he even gave a free kick. Crosby was fuming when the ref blew up. I felt at the time that the ref responded to their Manager's antics, going mad on the touchline.

And re Ripley, if he did get sent off after the final whistle (which he didn't) what difference would that have made on the game? Not sure what point you're making there.

I think by reading most of your posts on here, you really do not have much of a club.

Lunch time is over, you need to get back to class

On 22/09/2023 at 09:23, Brian Johnson said:

Quite a number of people are saying we did not dominate most of the game including ex professional players like Phil Sproson.

It's a shame that you are a little bit deluded but Noel Gallagher once wrote "You only see what people want you to see"

The fact that you're quoting Noel sodding Gallagher now say's it at all! Christ. He's hardly Gandhi, is he?

Regardless of what you think we did or didn't do, the match stats shows that one team was well on top over the 90 minutes. You don't have more shots on and off target, considerably more possession and 5 times the corners the opposition did without being the better side for crying out loud. Have a word with yourself. Nobody is saying Burton didn't have their moments or that we battered them for every minute of the 90. But we were by far the better footballing side and had enough chances in the end to win two games of football had we converted them.

50 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

The fact that you're quoting Noel sodding Gallagher now say's it at all! Christ. He's hardly Gandhi, is he?

Regardless of what you think we did or didn't do, the match stats shows that one team was well on top over the 90 minutes. You don't have more shots on and off target, considerably more possession and 5 times the corners the opposition did without being the better side for crying out loud. Have a word with yourself. Nobody is saying Burton didn't have their moments or that we battered them for every minute of the 90. But we were by far the better footballing side and had enough chances in the end to win two games of football had we converted them.

Have a word with yourself???? You cheeky <ovf censored>.

You need to stand in front of a mirror and take a good look at yourself.

You are most deluded person on here by some distance. You really are.

Look at the <ovf censored> you caused on here earlier in the season.

Says everything also that you do not see what Devine brings to the team. Food gods sake

9 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Have a word with yourself???? You cheeky <ovf censored>.

You need to stand in front of a mirror and take a good look at yourself.

You are most deluded person on here by some distance. You really are.

Look at the <ovf censored> you caused on here earlier in the season.

Says everything also that you do not see what Devine brings to the team. Food gods sake

Yes, have a word with yourself and then give your head a good wobble. Ain't much in there to get damaged, clearly.

Have done. I liked what I saw. How about yourself?

In your opinion. I'm totally okay with that, as I take everything you come out with, with a large pinch of salt.

Huh? It's a forum, you nutter. People agree and disagree. Football fans are generally fickle, myself included sometimes.

Whatever he "brings to the team", it's not been enough to start most games yet. 

Now go and get a good sleep. Your Nurse is taking you out to feed the ducks tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Yes, have a word with yourself and then give your head a good wobble. Ain't much in there to get damaged, clearly.

Have done. I liked what I saw. How about yourself?

In your opinion. I'm totally okay with that, as I take everything you come out with, with a large pinch of salt.

Huh? It's a forum, you nutter. People agree and disagree. Football fans are generally fickle, myself included sometimes.

Whatever he "brings to the team", it's not been enough to start most games yet. 

Now go and get a good sleep. Your Nurse is taking you out to feed the ducks tomorrow.

I see that you have dwelled on what I said all day until you got home from the pub.

All the love in the world to you for this post. 

On 21/09/2023 at 21:14, Brian Johnson said:

Its far from accurate.

We played well in parts, really well in those parts. The goalkeepers done what was food & drink to him with saves you would expect any keeper to save all day long. 

They came with a game plan that they executed really well.  Phil Sproson on the night said exactly the same thing and currently listening to the boys on the ale&vale podcast have said exactly the same thing about them executing their game plan really well.

The 2nd half we were never even at the races until about 25 minutes towards the end of the game.

You lost me when you mentioned Phil Sproson being right. He cant even get players names right never mind comment about the play. Vale carved them open several times and we probably could have done better with some of our finishing plus they were lucky at times with the ball coming off the post into the keepers arms and the ball coming off the keeper and not falling to another Vale player. I don't know what part of the ground you watched it from but if you think that they executed a game plan well then i am not sure what game you were watching. 

8 minutes ago, mbycars said:

You lost me when you mentioned Phil Sproson being right. He cant even get players names right never mind comment about the play. Vale carved them open several times and we probably could have done better with some of our finishing plus they were lucky at times with the ball coming off the post into the keepers arms and the ball coming off the keeper and not falling to another Vale player. I don't know what part of the ground you watched it from but if you think that they executed a game plan well then i am not sure what game you were watching. 

I'm not even sure you were at the game with that analysis. Were you at the game?

I bet you even thought that the penalty that Cambridge got yesterday was not even a penalty with those blinkers you have on.

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm not even sure you were at the game with that analysis. Were you at the game?

I bet you even thought that the penalty that Cambridge got yesterday was not even a penalty with those blinkers you have on.

I was in my usual seat in Lorne St without blinkers. Where do you sit. I didn't go to Cambridge, hence i haven't commented on that game. 

I think anything less than perfect execution of each phase of play elicits criticism from someone as does anything less than a forward pass but boy it’s been entertaining so far this season (after first game). I’m disappointed when we don’t win but highly entertained which I feel I’ve put in the hard yards of watching dross to deserve.

Archived