Advert

Advert

Cambridge (A) match thread Sep 23rd

Trumpingtonvale

Advert

3 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Cass in for Balmer .

Rest of team unchanged I believe .

Wilson hat trick today just hope we defend the balls in better if not 3-3 .

Think we will get a point but should be going there for the 3 .

No giveaways at the back and a points a defo but think we have goals galore in us .

All about Connor Ripley today I'd expect him be unbeatable today if so Vale win but worried about our defence they have been getting away with things in wins v Burton they were found out lets hope Crosby has noticed and we tougher to score against again .

Reading at home say one chance the pen (solid) Fleetwood at home 4/5 chances score for Fleetwood good goalkeeping winning us that ,,Carlisle at home gave 3 presentable chances to them2 long rangers and a headed chance .Northampton a long ranger and 2 inside the 8yard box decent chances .

That's just the home games away v Barnsley speaks for itself v Bpool got away with a few headers especially Beesleys near end Charlton didn't watch that and Oxford about 3 or 4 near scares .

So not solid at all generally so attack is defo best form of defence .

There is no team at any level of football that doesn't concede chances. You work to minimise them and ensure you get pressure on the attacker when he gets an opportunity. Even during complete mismatches teams get 3 or 4 opportunities. 

43 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Good to see Chislett and Clark back in the side.

Not good to see no Loft or Thomas on the bench, or Balmer starting after his shocker in the week. You are allowed a bad game now and again I suppose but he must be much better today.

Balmer switched off twice on Tuesday and it cost 2 goals. Unfortunately it's a lesson most inexperienced centrehalves need to learn. Unfortunately it cost us 3 points. He clearly has lots of ability. Either the mental side of the game will develop quickly or he won't have much of a career. I do think playing him today was the right call, I'm sure the goals have been analysed in great depth with him. 

IFollow works really well these days for me but what's more than a tad frustrating is that every week, presumably due to the timing, all we get 5-10mins before the game starts is discussion about Crewe Alex and little else.

I don't want to hear about Crewe Alex and it's suppose to be Radio Stoke.

A doff of my cap to all the usual beautiful bouncing valiants making the journey today - Will be with you in spirit, watching on Ifollow (after all, I do live in Norway
Have a great afternoon all

Where about's in Norway Hoppers? I worked in Solvaer for a while, loved it, amazing part of the world

Archived