onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Crosby

Advert

I like him as a bloke and there's no doubting his commitment or passion for the club. I just think he's going to be a bit John Askey like. Someone that's too safe and too negative in his approach. That's fine if results go your way but if you're not winning games and the football isn't easy on the eye, then you're asking for trouble. We shall see...

6 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

The only thing Crosby did wrong really was play Massey instead of plant or Thomas. It's not his fault defenders are not marking men, not picking up runners or giving away free headers. 

He brought in 3 defenders and none of them starter. He started with Massey who shouldnt even be on the bench. Im usually patient with managers, but id lost faith when the team was announced. There was an excitement when Clarke started. SOmeone willing to make difficult decisions and shake things up a bit. This appointment seems like a return to drudgery. I hope he proves us wrong but the club to not even interview for the most important job in the organisation is a dereliction of duty by the owners. No post match interview either. Long season ahead if we dont have 4-5 new faces int he next few weeks.  

2 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

He brought in 3 defenders and none of them starter. He started with Massey who shouldnt even be on the bench. Im usually patient with managers, but id lost faith when the team was announced. There was an excitement when Clarke started. SOmeone willing to make difficult decisions and shake things up a bit. This appointment seems like a return to drudgery. I hope he proves us wrong but the club to not even interview for the most important job in the organisation is a dereliction of duty by the owners. No post match interview either. Long season ahead if we dont have 4-5 new faces int he next few weeks.  

Balmer was injured otherwise he would have played instead of Cass who is non league standard. It was touch and go out of who would start out of Jones or lacavetti but I reckon most fans would have picked Jones ahead of him but after today he needs dropping as he was at fault for 3 of the goals. It's only one game in a season anyway. As bad as the performance and score is it's one game if this was to continue for a few more games then yes I'd say get rid of Crosby but it's just one bad game.

11 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I agree but there's the counter argument he can't get all the credit without being implicit in last season’s collapse from January. Had we lost every one of the last 4 games we'd of still stayed up.

Anyway good luck to him. 

Equally, he cannot be held entirely responsible for today's result. He can only play the players the recruitment team have given him.

9 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Equally, he cannot be held entirely responsible for today's result. He can only play the players the recruitment team have given him.

Don’t agree. If we are saying that he has accepted whatever players are enforced on him, with zero input, then things are far far far worse than even the score line suggest. I cant see it, but if thats the case, i want a manager who has the balls to say what players he needs. The recruitment team play a part, just as scouting teams have since forever, but the manager has input. 

1 minute ago, JohnDoe said:

Don’t agree. If we are saying that he has accepted whatever players are enforced on him, with zero input, then things are far far far worse than even the score line suggest. I cant see it, but if thats the case, i want a manager who has the balls to say what players he needs. The recruitment team play a part, just as scouting teams have since forever, but the manager has input. 

Unfortunately in modern football managers have very little say in which players come in to the club.

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

What really gets me, is that we're continually told about the detail and preparation that goes in to each and every signing. If that's the case, why do we appear to be in such a state, all over the pitch?  Not only today, but pre season has been totally uninspiring at best.  Nit one for knee jerking, but their can't be one Vale fan, who isn't just a bit concerned. 

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

The only thing Crosby did wrong really was play Massey instead of plant or Thomas. It's not his fault defenders are not marking men, not picking up runners or giving away free headers. 

He set the team up. He didn’t only pick Massey. 

20 minutes ago, Old fort said:

What really gets me, is that we're continually told about the detail and preparation that goes in to each and every signing. If that's the case, why do we appear to be in such a state, all over the pitch?  Not only today, but pre season has been totally uninspiring at best.  Nit one for knee jerking, but their can't be one Vale fan, who isn't just a bit concerned. 

I remember hearing that when Clarke was manager. He was the best manager we've had in years and I'm not sure we'll get one as good for a long time tbh.

2 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I remember hearing that when Clarke was manager. He was the best manager we've had in years and I'm not sure we'll get one as good for a long time tbh.

Agree with that. And i dont think for a second that he had no input into what players we signed. 

I'm not saying I have complete and total faith in Crosby. I'm just saying we should be looking at those that appointed him just one match ago without looking at other candidates. We cannot simply sack off Crosby and say that the problem has been solved. We need to look deeper.

21 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I'm not saying I have complete and total faith in Crosby. I'm just saying we should be looking at those that appointed him just one match ago without looking at other candidates. We cannot simply sack off Crosby and say that the problem has been solved. We need to look deeper.

Scandalous that was. Even if the intention was to hire Crosby, they should have interviewed, there were some excellent managers available at that time and some would have been interested. For me Crosby should have been hired as he was part of the problem last season. It’s crazy to say and think but after 1 game I don’t think AC should be very very concerned with his position. 

Archived