onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Crosby

Advert

I’m trying to remember a Vale manager who has gotten the in game management as right so often as Croz does. There’s going to be times where it won’t have the desired effect but all the changes he makes in game make sense. It’s a great credit to him the mental resolve this team has. There’s been plenty of instances this season where we’ve conceded a goal etc and would have folded previously but now just brush ourselves off and go again.

On 24/08/2023 at 18:52, Hoppers said:

Good that you are amenable to moving your position/opinion - two thumbs up from me mate 👍👍

My opinion on the opening day of the season was reactionary. There was some truth behind it, but I would never really want or expect a manager to be sacked on the back of one terrible result. The truth I'm talking about is the fact that admittedly I didn't want Crosby in the first place when he was appointed. At the time I said that it was nothing personal against him, I actually like him a lot as a bloke and he talks sense in front of the camera. I just thought Carol was being too loyal for her own good and playing it too safe,

While it's still early on in the season and I think we're in a false position, it looks like I got it badly wrong. But as a Vale fan that wants to see us win games, and also play attractive football, I'm genuinely happy to be getting it wrong and long may it continue. But I did also say that as much as I can criticise, and for some it will be too much or too harshly, I'm also always more than willing to dish out praise when I feel it's deserved and I think I've been doing that over the last couple of weeks. But in the future I will definitely try to gather my thoughts a little more before giving my opinion here on the back of a loss and/poor performance.

Anorak stat... Andy Crosby is currently the most successful manager in the club's history.

Taking his two caretaker spells into account his win ratio stands at a very creditable 51% from 29 games - higher than any other manager in our history... :whistling:

For those interested (ignoring any brief caretaker spells of a few games) the best win ratios from any manager in charge for at least 25 games are:

• Andy Crosby - 29 games (51%)
  • Tom Morgan - 149 games (48%) (more on him here if you've never heard of him)
  • Warney Cresswell - 47 games (43%) (more on him here if you've never heard of him)
  • Darrell Clarke - 124 games (42%)
  • Micky Adams - 247 games (41%)
  • Norman Low - 285 games (41%)
  • Freddie Steele - 369 games (40%) 

Long way go but as long as he keeps each of his players hungry to do the job and nor be complacent at any point then no reason why Vale cannot be successful .

Andy Crosbys a very likeable man I want him do well and he is long may it continue .

The switching of ends helps no end it's being a terrific move .

The fans are behind the team and encouraging every player that can only lead to even better days ahead .

Andy Crosby though wow Vale in 3rd round of league cup v Sutton if get through the hamil going come off (George Andrews Commentary v Someone years back)if draw a biggie.

Joint top well that speaks for itself .

Be silly get carried away though asin all games won Ripleys played a humongous part in making sure the scorelines go our way .

V Fleetwood two terrific last gasp saves.

V Reading saved Carrolls penalty 

V Carlisle saved a howitzer from Moxon

V Crewe saved the vital second pen 

V Oxford 0-0 at the time and he saves with his feet first half when it looks a certain goal after the ball deflects kindly for the Oxford forward.

So let's not get carried away.

UTV 

On 02/09/2023 at 23:46, Valiiant said:

My opinion on the opening day of the season was reactionary. There was some truth behind it, but I would never really want or expect a manager to be sacked on the back of one terrible result. The truth I'm talking about is the fact that admittedly I didn't want Crosby in the first place when he was appointed. At the time I said that it was nothing personal against him, I actually like him a lot as a bloke and he talks sense in front of the camera. I just thought Carol was being too loyal for her own good and playing it too safe,

While it's still early on in the season and I think we're in a false position, it looks like I got it badly wrong. But as a Vale fan that wants to see us win games, and also play attractive football, I'm genuinely happy to be getting it wrong and long may it continue. But I did also say that as much as I can criticise, and for some it will be too much or too harshly, I'm also always more than willing to dish out praise when I feel it's deserved and I think I've been doing that over the last couple of weeks. But in the future I will definitely try to gather my thoughts a little more before giving my opinion here on the back of a loss and/poor performance.

THAT is probably the best post I've ever seen on here.

We all felt pretty sh1te after Barnsley but man you've got some cojones writing that. I wish there were a few more on here.

Good on yer...I owes you pint if I ever meet you, whoever you are.

23 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

THAT is probably the best post I've ever seen on here.

We all felt pretty sh1te after Barnsley but man you've got some cojones writing that. I wish there were a few more on here.

Good on yer...I owes you pint if I ever meet you, whoever you are.

Fair play.  Good post.

Archived