onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood owner jailed

Jacko51

Advert

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Andy Pilley has been sent down for 13 years for serious fraud. Does this mean the club has been operated with the proceeds of crime?

That remains to be seen, if it has they are seriously in the brown smelly stuff.

i expect the club are going to be investigated, including accounting for where their funds come from, they have some good players probably on a fair wedge which can’t be funded on the gates they get.

16 minutes ago, Conrad said:

That remains to be seen, if it has they are seriously in the brown smelly stuff.

i expect the club are going to be investigated, including accounting for where their funds come from, they have some good players probably on a fair wedge which can’t be funded on the gates they get.

How was the Fleetwood  ground funded?

It stretches credulity beyond breaking point to imagine that a fraudster on such a grand scale could have incurred losses of £25 million without accessing any of the fraudulent money to inject into the football club.

The club is now up for sale which is probably not the best option for the owner. If the club is sold then there is a  cash sum available which will make it much easier to recover money under the proceeds of crime act and deny the owner his illicit gains.  However, who would want to buy it?

Given the size of the fraud I think it is inevitable that the authorities will now look to see how much money they can recover under the act  Further I suspect that there may be more inquiries around money laundering.  It would be relatively easy to use a football club to launder criminal money utilising the transfer market.

Fleetwood FC seem to be continuing to sign players and spend money on doing so.  I feel we will hear much more about this in the coming months.  The FA and EFL should be looking deeply into this along with the criminal authorities.  Given the track record of those two organisations I am not holding my breath.

32 minutes ago, Doha said:

Fleetwood don't have a forum, just a small open facebook group. Some of the fans seem to be a bit deluded to say the least. 

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Yeah! We don't want them Fleetwood fans worrying about all those people, including charities that he was happy to rip off in the name of greed and selfishness. 

4 hours ago, Essex Vale said:

It stretches credulity beyond breaking point to imagine that a fraudster on such a grand scale could have incurred losses of £25 million without accessing any of the fraudulent money to inject into the football club.

The club is now up for sale which is probably not the best option for the owner. If the club is sold then there is a  cash sum available which will make it much easier to recover money under the proceeds of crime act and deny the owner his illicit gains.  However, who would want to buy it?

Given the size of the fraud I think it is inevitable that the authorities will now look to see how much money they can recover under the act  Further I suspect that there may be more inquiries around money laundering.  It would be relatively easy to use a football club to launder criminal money utilising the transfer market.

Fleetwood FC seem to be continuing to sign players and spend money on doing so.  I feel we will hear much more about this in the coming months.  The FA and EFL should be looking deeply into this along with the criminal authorities.  Given the track record of those two organisations I am not holding my breath.

I imagine parts of the club would be lucrative, Fleetwood have build an incredible training centre for example.

In fairness to Fleetwood Town FC unlike say Salford to a degree they've built some good foundations which may attract a buyer.

I assume Pilley was already owner when they entered the EFL so maybe wasn't subject to the FAPP test as a new owner would? I am unsure on that.

They are spending money signing good players so as you say will have to see if this does have any impact on them going forward.

Archived