onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marshall, Roe and Martin released

Samwelo

So what do we know about McCombe? Doesn't seemed to be mentioned on the for sale, released list, new contract list or in contract list???

"Rob Taylor, Anthony Griffith, John McCombe, Louis Dodds, Marc Richards, Tom Pope, Stuart Tomlinson, Lewis Haldane, Sean Rigg, Ben Williamson, Kingsley James, Clayton McDonald, Chris Shuker, Sam Johnson, Ryan Lloyd and Joe Davis have all been offered new deals with the club"

Advert

"Rob Taylor, Anthony Griffith, John McCombe, Louis Dodds, Marc Richards, Tom Pope, Stuart Tomlinson, Lewis Haldane, Sean Rigg, Ben Williamson, Kingsley James, Clayton McDonald, Chris Shuker, Sam Johnson, Ryan Lloyd and Joe Davis have all been offered new deals with the club"

I'm actually going the opticians tomorrow, good job :laugh:

The big surprise for me is Paul Marshall not being offered anything. I know he was not fully fit but with a good pre season under him then he would certainly of been a good squad player. Great footballer, good set pieces and generally a good League 2 standard player.

Very surprised Micky let him go, when he keeps the likes of Morsy, Haldane, R Taylor, James, Wiliamson..

All these three had to go, Martin has lost confidence since he first came into the team but may be able to flourish elsewhere. The other two aren`t good enough, with a few additions there is no reason why we can`t launch a promotion push, but i am surprised we have offered contracts to Taylor and Dodds.

If its only these 3 that have been released then Micky Adams is a joke, At a massive push I'd keep 4 players of the current squad, yet he has offered contracts to 16 of them. Ridiculous.

So,if he did that he would then have to bring in 20 new players,now that would work:shifty:,lets face it we all wanted a load of changes but in reality it was NEVER going to happen.

Not suprised the 3 who have gone. Roe didn't play i think(apart from Shrewsbury abandoned game which officially doesn't count), Marshall was never good enough despite the hype from some and Martin is perhaps a victim of circumstance in that we have 2 keepers not much in it and if we are to sign a better one with one as back up 1 had to go?

Burge has been the new Lee Matthews which is neither use nor ornament when you're a footballer.

Bit suprised a few more haven't gone but Adams obviously thinks the squad isn't that bad, he will live or die in his job by his decisions. 1) I don't think they will all stay and 2) If he signs 5 or 6 bits or quality to come in we will have a better side.

For me with regards to the likes of Taylor, Dodds and Rigg they do offer a few goals between them which isn't always an easy commodity to find in league two. Suprised McDonald is offered a new deal, not a fan of his generally although he's a presence at CB I suppose. Pope I don't rate either but if I was being generous a chance of 1 more season maybe.

Put this on another thread but it probably applies more to this one...

And starting a season with a completely new squad will get us where? We have a very close dressing room, releasing everyone would destroy that. You don't just need good players to go up, you need the team to be together aswell. Surely it's better to start a season with these players, but add players to enhance the quality of the team and also the team spirit? We we're not that far off last season, 5/6 quality players would easily get us a play-off place and probably automatic.

We've let the players who aren't good enough go. Now hopefully what will happen is, the bench players now become squad/reserve players, the average starting players from last season become the bench players, and the better players get some quality signings to start along side them. What's wrong with that?

We had a terrible injury crisis this season, surely we're better to have players like Taylor and Haldane ready to come in, instead of untried youth team players and dross like Phil Roe?

Totally spot on imo Mellor

All these three had to go, Martin has lost confidence since he first came into the team but may be able to flourish elsewhere. The other two aren`t good enough, with a few additions there is no reason why we can`t launch a promotion push, but i am surprised we have offered contracts to Taylor and Dodds.

Its not a problem with me that certain players have been offered a deal who in some peoples eyes they should have gone,

its the length of contract offered to them that matters as if all goes belly up we are stuck with them.

The big surprise for me is Paul Marshall not being offered anything. I know he was not fully fit but with a good pre season under him then he would certainly of been a good squad player. Great footballer, good set pieces and generally a good League 2 standard player.

Very surprised Micky let him go, when he keeps the likes of Morsy, Haldane, R Taylor, James, Wiliamson..

See this is where I differ on Marshall, I don't think he offers a lot at all. Why was he playing for Drolysdon? Like I've said before everytime I've seen him he passes sideways, backwards and gives the ball away! The saviour for the likes of Taylor/Morsy is perhaps that they can score the odd goal. Marshall is like Griff in that respect can hit a barn door 9/10! I agree on James and Williamson though not sure they are up to it!

On that issue what's the gash with Williamson thought he was on loan from Hyde was it? Do they have a say in this, I notice they have been promoted to the Conference as well as a side issue!

Dont forget, 4 of the players that have been offered contracts are youth/reserve team players at the minute... That still only leaves a squad of 16 first team players... Complete overhauls dont happen when you struggle to attract players to the club!

It has to be put into context. Joe Davies was offered a contract on £150 a week so it isn't just a numbers game.

Can't see that being the case. He's 18 so surely he's entitled to minimum wage at the very least. If the club made him such a derisory offer they'd be fools because someone will just steal him from us and take a punt on him.

Archived