onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marshall, Roe and Martin released

Samwelo

No, the people that seem to think we can release 10 or so players and rebuild a squad capable of challenging for promotion next season need a reality check. Look no further than Bristol Rovers for an example of what flooding your team with 10 new players can do to you.

This group of players got us 1st at Christmas a few years back, if Adams had stayed that season we were certainties for promotion.

Think a Mr Buckle didn't help either. 6-8 i thought would go.

Advert

A few years a go a lad named James Lawrie was a young player, that had been touted as a future star. Appearing at 17 at full international level for Northern Ireland. At the same time when we released 90 goal a season howler Joe Anyon, we had one of the top rated young goalkeeprs in the division, Chris Martin was being touted around clubs like Leicester, Notts Forest, Preston, and Sheffield Wednesday. In one fell swopp A certain Mickey Adams comes in and reduces the confidence of these players down to a crumbling Wreck. Chris Martin for me was and is a better goalkeeper than Tommo, he just was never given a chance, proper coaching, or filled with confidence, Chris is one of them lads that relates to and arm rather than a rollocking. Micky Adams has ruined him, im sorry if you dont like it but its my opinion. Tommo should have gone and MArtin kept bringing in an experienced goalie/coach to help him.

Very dissapointed with the retained list also as more should be on their way out, James? Rigg? Taylor? should they really still be here? Sorry Mick this was your chance and yet again youve played safe with your favourites, Rapidly losing faith in MA's ability.

Manipulating the income is possible. There are complexities like tax and how he manages his personal tax, his company(s) tax and Port Vale's tax - what can he do that is to his own and Port Vale's advantage. In the case of say Man City I expect they will simply try to bung the club say £150 mllion extra income and call it something like sponsorship, but UEFA have indicated they intend to look at the reality of a club's finances because they are concerned with sporting fairness. So that may not work.I'm sure Keith Ryder will have a plan, that is the background he comes from - business management and consultancy.
I wonder why the shirt sponsorship was cancelled a year early down the road, which then allowed Coates to sponsor the shirts? They are also expected to rename the ground in a year or so. As with tax rules, cleverer people look for ways around the rules. L1 and L2 have been tightened up, but the higher league teams are more powerful.

Archived