onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

End of season awards

Powerline

7 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

You are correct and the vale have had some very good cricketers in the past Basil Hayward played for Staffordshire and Ian Buxton played for Derbyshire and was captain for years.

This may be of interest - a feature from a few years back...

Advert

Just now, Fosse69 said:
8 minutes ago, hamilboy said:
You are correct and the vale have had some very good cricketers in the past Basil Hayward played for Staffordshire and Ian Buxton played for Derbyshire and was captain for years.

Higgs ?

Lancashire and England fast bowler how could i forget him.

On 10/05/2023 at 09:48, robf said:

I saw a club advert for an awards night on the 30th April and the price was indeed £1,000 per table of ten.

I presume that event never took place. 

The Ale & Vale boys picked up on that this week. Was it £1,000 per table or was it £1000 to sponsor award which includes a table?

I also see that the Heroes of 93 event at the Mitchell Arts Centre next week is not selling very well

9 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The Ale & Vale boys picked up on that this week. Was it £1,000 per table or was it £1000 to sponsor award which includes a table?

I also see that the Heroes of 93 event at the Mitchell Arts Centre next week is not selling very well

It was a £1,000 for a table of ten plus you could either be the headline event sponsor or an award sponsor.

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

What was the price of that? Why have it there and not Vale? Would cost more money to have it elsewhere.If at Vale then the club itself  could make more money from the bar takings instead of someone else making the money ?

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

What a fantastic ground Chell was with a decent pavilion, I remember playing there as a kid for Sneyd.

Played against Great Chell a number of times was not much fun watching Wes Hall running into bowl.Then you played Norton with Sobers in their team.We had Nasim ul Ghani a true gentleman who always helped us young players in practice sessions those were great days for staffordshire cricket.

2 hours ago, melv said:

What was the price of that? Why have it there and not Vale? Would cost more money to have it elsewhere.If at Vale then the club itself  could make more money from the bar takings instead of someone else making the money ?

There was something a few years ago in the Valiant suite possibly 2018 , 25 year anniversary ?

My abiding memory was Paul Kerr was absolutely hammered and dropped a full tray of drinks. Think he's now Vale's goalkeeping coach !! 

To outsource it to The Mitchell is pure madness .

Archived