onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Have seen him dribble past 2 or 3 players so yes that maybe a skill but you say decision making and final ball isnt there. Maybe he dribbles because he doesnt what to do ?

After several years as a youngster at a top club, top coaching etc, if he hasnt got the know how now i doubt he ever will. Like i say nothing against him and hope he shows he can improve and be a success

The lad has to learn SL.Having said that the skipping past the Shrewsbury defender and planting it on Politic’s head wasn’t too shabby.

47 minutes ago, Row L said:

I don't agree at all. Walker and Charsley wouldn't have had a look in at the moment and Hall wanted to leave. We strengthened some areas where we were weak and let players go where we had too many. im not suggesting the window was 100% great, but not a disaster by any means

Results suggest otherwise.

We needed 4 or 5 in, got 2,  in which one of those two is completely unproven, while also not replacing Hall. Complete shambles.

14 hours ago, Valiiant said:

Clarke and Flitcroft have hardly got a great track record for us in the transfer market, have they? I wouldn't get too optimistic if I was you.

They built us a brand new squad to get us promoted from L2, so yes they have a good track record.

43 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

The lad has to learn SL.Having said that the skipping past the Shrewsbury defender and planting it on Politic’s head wasn’t too shabby.

Or absolutely terrifying Sheff Weds when he came on put them under lots of pressure !!

Last  night was awful - the only positive our strikers have one more game under their belt to becoming fully match fit then hopefully converting our possession into goals from the last third.
The transfer window was not as productive has we had all hoped for but was that due in some parts down to the fact that we need a new pitch and funds have to be found from somewhere? We will never really know and rightly so as the club is being run far better than for many a year.
At the beginning of the season surviving would have been seen as a successful one, where we are now a bonus and hopefully we have done enough and have enough in the team to avoid relegation, which I think we have and will.
Just hope the remaining games we have we show a more concentrated effort as I feel we have lost this since Xmas, we are woeful in the last third.
Anyways onwards and upwards roll on Saturday and a result against Bolton.
VTID
Thing Is we're not getting a new pitch either.

Amazing the number of posts when we lose compared to when we win.

Amazing how some posters make up their own theories and then announce them as fact.

Amazing how some would have spent silly money in January when it's Summer that the sensible deals are done.

Signings in January tend to be expensive panic buys.

We have no need to panic.

We will finish mid table which most fans will class as a good first season back in league 1.

29 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Amazing the number of posts when we lose compared to when we win.

Amazing how some posters make up their own theories and then announce them as fact.

Amazing how some would have spent silly money in January when it's Summer that the sensible deals are done.

Signings in January tend to be expensive panic buys.

We have no need to panic.

We will finish mid table which most fans will class as a good first season back in league 1.

I don’t disagree but why is it when fans question the poor transfer windows that it apparently means we should have thrown millions at it. 

It’s not, we left it late looking for cheap deals and signed a load of duds. Signings in Jan aren’t always panic though it’s still a good time to strengthen - we signed Connor Hall Jan last year remember. At the end of the day I think we’ve had two hopeless windows this season where we’ve gone backwards. 

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

Results suggest otherwise.

We needed 4 or 5 in, got 2,  in which one of those two is completely unproven, while also not replacing Hall. Complete shambles.

Thing is we have lots of out of contract players come June. All clubs will, the pool will be huge.

Buy in Jan.

A, if they are decent they will need/want a 2 and a 1/2 year contract  min. 

B, you wont get anyone for 5 months, unless no one else wants them.

Option is to bite the bullet or fire it. Risk it and have nothing to spend in the summer,our out of contract players, can leave if they wish for free, they need replacing, but if you have blown the budget then you end up staying where you are.

I understand all the concern, but it is a long term plan that is needed, not just get 5 players in and all will be fine. 

Awkward times for most clubs, working out the next step, but the budget has to be spread across the whole squad, not just a few panic buys.

19 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Thing is we have lots of out of contract players come June. All clubs will, the pool will be huge.

Buy in Jan.

A, if they are decent they will need/want a 2 and a 1/2 year contract  min. 

B, you wont get anyone for 5 months, unless no one else wants them.

Option is to bite the bullet or fire it. Risk it and have nothing to spend in the summer,our out of contract players, can leave if they wish for free, they need replacing, but if you have blown the budget then you end up staying where you are.

I understand all the concern, but it is a long term plan that is needed, not just get 5 players in and all will be fine. 

Awkward times for most clubs, working out the next step, but the budget has to be spread across the whole squad, not just a few panic buys.

Hallelujah 

Amazing away support for a team just going through the motions before finishing 16th in May and declaring 'job done'.

I'm not getting too high or low over current results. We made a decision to consolidate in January and that's what we're seeing. Teams who have less or similar quality are beating us because they're fighting against relegation (Morecambe) or having a late run at the play offs (Shrews). It's not a surprise. 

I'm getting a bit low tbh. I don't necessarily think we'll go down or are in particular trouble financially, but I am concerned that the effect this will have on attendances and ST sales. Going from what Carol has said, we won't be looking at challenging for promotion for several years so I'm not sure what the point is of the next few seasons. I'm not saying we should increase the wage budget but it does feel like the club's treading water for the foreseeable. There's absolutely no buzz about the club which is pretty shoddy considering how vibrant everything felt just over 6 months ago.

Archived