onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams - I'd like to offer contracts to all 20 players!

Vale

Rather than go steaming in like a red-hot turrd, why don't we have a think about WHY Micky said this and who it was aimed at. To me it was clearly for the benefit of the players, who have like us fans had a rotten season with a lot of good work wasted. They need their confidence boosting, and this sort of remark helps, unlike moronic threads on here saying we need 2 new goalkeepers with others adding, oh yeah and a few defenders, some strikers, world class midfielders etc. We are not Barcelona !

We DO need a handful of new players, especially if Burge and Haldane do not recover well, and a winger of the calibre of Myrie-Williams would be a great addition. Micky can and does find some good players as well as one or two jamie Guy-type duds.

There is also the small matter of whether any new contracts offered would be at the same wage and/or conditions, maybe he would give all his players contracts but a few might have to take a wage cut. Time to trust the manager rather than tell him what to do.

Advert

But your views are based on what? 'We need a clear out'? Explain why we need to remove all of our coaching staff and replace them? Please, I am deadly serious, if you truely believe that, explain why.

I don't really know that much about our coaching staff. I have never seen them take a training session, know whether they are qualified, know whether they are liked by the players and manager - I know very little about them.

In my opinion, MA absolutely leads by example and the whole squad give absolutely 100% for him. He is the one reason that most of them are still here, a lot of players have openly said that. They enjoy playing for him and he is the one single leader in the whole of our football club.

That is my opinion. Feel free to explain yours.

My opinion is based on what I watch week in week out the football is dire .Are you happy with the way we play every week? Do you think given the money adams would keep his backroom staff? I know what I think, just my opinion like.......One of them ran the team for a while ,remember how that turned out .

I think its funny a team that is 4 points off play offs barring a 10point deduction. Probably would be in there if it wasn't for admin on a shoestring budget. Now everyone kicks off.

The keepers I would release

But baring that I would keep alot of players bar Rigg, Dodds and Clayt

The team needs a complete overall. Two mobile centre halves. Two full backs who can defend and get forward and cross a decent ball. At least one quality midfielder and a forward with a proven goal scoring record. Oh yes and two decent goalkeepers. That's nine new players and a good clear out should pave the way for them. Please not the same twenty players. I couldn't bear to watch such mediocrity for another season and that's putting it mildly!!

It's madness if Adams wants to keep most of these players. How many times do they have to finish mid-table in League 2 before he realises these players are er mid-table in League 2 standard? A three month period where they were in the top 3 last season doesn't really prove much when you look at their record over a longer period.

It's madness if Adams wants to keep most of these players. How many times do they have to finish mid-table in League 2 before he realises these players are er mid-table in League 2 standard? A three month period where they were in the top 3 last season doesn't really prove much when you look at their record over a longer period.

4.5 month period, I.e half a season, but don't let the facts get in the way of an ill informed rant.

Ad if you take the last half from the previous season, where we also displayed automatic promotion form (check the points totalled if you don't believe me) that equates to a full seasons worth or games where we displayed he form of a team worthy of automatic promotion. I'm not surprised Adams thinks the majority of players are good enough. we are 3/4 quality players away from being a top team in this league. Complete revamp is not needed, just some selective tweaking.

4.5 month period, I.e half a season, but don't let the facts get in the way of an ill informed rant.

Ad if you take the last half from the previous season, where we also displayed automatic promotion form (check the points totalled if you don't believe me) that equates to a full seasons worth or games where we displayed he form of a team worthy of automatic promotion. I'm not surprised Adams thinks the majority of players are good enough. we are 3/4 quality players away from being a top team in this league. Complete revamp is not needed, just some selective tweaking.

To be a top team in the league we need new keepers, a right back, a left back, another centre half or two, a couple of wingers, a quality centre mid and a striker to partner rico.

Why are some of our fans so happy to accept such mediocrity (and for some I'm being kind there).

With the injury list we've had earlier in the season, Micky not allowed to bring anyone in in January, Administration, 10 point-deduction, Players not been paid...etc

Without the 10-point deduction we would be four points off the play-offs, we would of been in the play-off places if it wasnt for admin.

The players (even the fringe players) have proved they are good enough to get us out of this league, considering this league is much tougher than last season, I think the current players deserve a lot of credit.

It looks like the league will be more easier next season with Rochdale, Chesterfield, Exeter and Wycombe are all winable, so I think we stand a very good chance of going up with the current players.

With the injury list we've had earlier in the season, Micky not allowed to bring anyone in in January, Administration, 10 point-deduction, Players not been paid...etc

Without the 10-point deduction we would be four points off the play-offs, we would of been in the play-off places if it wasnt for admin.

The players (even the fringe players) have proved they are good enough to get us out of this league, considering this league is much tougher than last season, I think the current players deserve a lot of credit.

It looks like the league will be more easier next season with Rochdale, Chesterfield, Exeter and Wycombe are all winable, so I think we stand a very good chance of going up with the current players.

Without the ten point deduction we would be outside the play offs. Micky brought in shuker and Marshall and only lost Collins. We suffered from injuries because signings were not good enough, hence why our best midfielder is playing at left back. And how on earth have a team who are consistently mid table 'proven' they are good enough to get us out of this league?

If Micky really said that and meant it, he must be the only person who can't see what's in front of his eyes. The whole team needs refreshing and now is the ideal time to do it. If Ryder has any nous and hears this, it's not going to do Micky any favours unless Ryder too has no ambition. Time and again, this team has shown they lack the consistency, grit and sheer character required to win when it matters. Many of the current squad have skill and ability and, in many respects, are fine players but, for promotion, you need a particular kind of winning mentality (sometimes called the "Andy Porter Syndrome") and this squad ain't got it.

The squad at the end of the season with Shuker and Marshall added is slightly stronger than at the start. But at the start of this season the bookmakers had Vale down to finish 11th and that is broadly what has happened. We went at least half the season not beating anyone in the top half of the division. To gain promotion therefore the squad needs to be strengthened and ideally a second 20 goal player is needed. I think at least a normal level of turnover is needed, but I think the players who have come through the off field crisis have generally tried as hard as possible and deserve credit from that perspective.

Archived