onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams - I'd like to offer contracts to all 20 players!

Vale

These comments would appear to be contradictory to Mr Adams rant in January when he finally realised that the jokers in charge at the time had no money !

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have players lined up to sign to "improve us and push on" then out came toys from the pram when Miller pulled the plug .

So , if he wanted new players then to replace what we'd got , what's changed because I personally havn't seen any improvement .

We are average at best and very inconsistent, we need more quality to get out of this League so come on Micky give us some hope not what we already know .

Advert

Well if he means this he must be losing his marbles. He is obviously talking about what he saw last night surely because a sane man making the same judgement on the last 2 home games would have said the complete opposite.

If more than 50% of this squad are here next season I will be taking the buy on the gate option and not a season ticket. We need to make Vale Park a fortress like Shrewsbury has been this season, very unlikely with how this squad performs at home and that is where the main income comes from not away matches.

Adams Out!

Rudge Out!

Bell Out!

Mcgrath Out!

If we dont sign a goalkeeper and we keep the 2 clowns we have now, then its away games only for me!!!

Seriously though, i am a huge Mickey fan but this last 2 months with his comments and attitude has begun to really bore me!

Anybody know who and how many are under contract beyond summer?

I disagree.

I think that this squad is short by 2-3 players and if we can keep the basis of this squad together, which I think that we will, I believe that MA will get us out of this league.

Without our ten point deduction we would be sitting in 9th place today, 4 points away from the play-offs. That is a decent effort considering how unstable the club has been, the fact that players and staff have gone unpaid and the fact that we are now in administration.

Clubs do not succeed without a stability behind the scenes, and personnaly I think that MA has done a good job with all things considering.

Like I said, an additional 2-3 players and I believe that he will get us out of this league.

imo only davis , mccombe , griff , lofty , shuker , marshall , rico are worthy of remaining next season. the rest wouldn't particularly bother me if they went. however it is all about a SQUAD not just a starting 11 so maybe popey , dodds etc would still be worth a contract ?

if micky truly believes that comment re retaining all 20 players (which i hope he isn't and don't believe he does) he needs sectioning.

I hope to god he is not serious, we need a complete clear out including some. if not all of the coaching staff. I have always been a fan of MA but just recently he's been getting on my ****.

I love these kind of statements on here.

"I have always been a fan of MA but just recently he's been getting on my ****"

Interesting that, If I was to hazard a guess I would say that there are a few things that have been getting on his **** too. Maybe the fact that he was a) promised money b) promised players c) hasn't been paid d) has the potential to lose his whole squad e) still faces the prospect of redundancy. Shall I go on? Give the guy a break, he has worked wonders in one of the toughest periods in the clubs history. In my opinion he is the only person holding Port Vale (as a club) together. Without him we would be in a much worse position.

"We need a complete clear-out including all of the coaching staff"

Based on what? What do you know about the coaching staff that I don't? Are they really that bad? If they are, explain to me exactly what they are really bad at? Maybe coaching those youngsters that are now in the first team? Or, supporting MA and the players whilst they are all unpaid. Please, explain to me why Geoff Horsfield is a bad coach, or maybe let us know when was the last time you went over to the training ground and watched him running a session?

A back 5 with Tommo yates the 2 x Macs and Rob Taylor, no box to box midfielder no decent winger and only one forward who scores goals isn't good enough ***. As for Shuker, he was freed by Morecambe. Is that really our ambition? Look to premiership reserve cast offs like Bury did. Don't rely on being tapped up by agents on who is available, draw up your own list and see what they will cost. Its not rocket science.

Hi SV

If we want to be top 3, i think we need 5/6 players, i think it will actually be more as we may loose a few we want to keep.

Yeah, you are probably right. I was just working on the basis that we keep hold of people like Griff, Richards, Loft etc.

If we lose players like that, then yeah, we will have bigger issues.

Archived