onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams - I'd like to offer contracts to all 20 players!

Vale

Hi SV

If we want to be top 3, i think we need 5/6 players, i think it will actually be more as we may loose a few we want to keep.

Spot on!I have to agree 100%,lets wait and see what Micky ACTUALLY does come the end of season.I have faith in him to sort out the mess and, hopefully, give us something to be positive about next season,notwithstanding new investment for team improvement from our new owner:yes::yes:

Advert

For me too the squad isn't quite good enough, however as I've said numerous times it is a **** poor league, and without the points deduction we'd be 4 off the playoffs! I agree with ollynpatch though, the squad looks about a 10th place finisher. The proof that we haven't beaten 1 of the top 7 all season! We have taken points off a lot if the nearly men like Gills, Rotherham n Crewe though!

There is also some truth in what George says, Adams left a not to dissimilar squad to this 16 months ago, in a position where we really should have seen it out and gone up! With hindsight and although sad to say I'm glad we didn't but that's another issue n water under the bridge now!

It's a difficult one, whilst most of us don't think we're good enough we aren't that far away. Does Adams keep most of them and hopefully with a better budget make some quality additions, thus some of the current crop may become reserve or fringe players. Or was he joking last night, n does he release the lot or most of them and rebuild near enough from scratch, again hopefully with a better budget but it could be a risk getting them all to gel!

Maybe he has faith in the squad
I hope not as every year Micky Adams has been here this squad has finished mid-table and will do so yet again this season even if you add on the 10 points deduction.

So if we keep this same squad again, its obvious they'd finish mid-table again. :doh:

I love these kind of statements on here.

"I have always been a fan of MA but just recently he's been getting on my ****"

Interesting that, If I was to hazard a guess I would say that there are a few things that have been getting on his **** too. Maybe the fact that he was a) promised money b) promised players c) hasn't been paid d) has the potential to lose his whole squad e) still faces the prospect of redundancy. Shall I go on? Give the guy a break, he has worked wonders in one of the toughest periods in the clubs history. In my opinion he is the only person holding Port Vale (as a club) together. Without him we would be in a much worse position.

"We need a complete clear-out including all of the coaching staff"

Based on what? What do you know about the coaching staff that I don't? Are they really that bad? If they are, explain to me exactly what they are really bad at? Maybe coaching those youngsters that are now in the first team? Or, supporting MA and the players whilst they are all unpaid. Please, explain to me why Geoff Horsfield is a bad coach, or maybe let us know when was the last time you went over to the training ground and watched him running a session?

Ok we have the best coaching staff in our league :rolleyes: We need a clear out top to bottom unless you're happy with another midtable finish.

Adams is the manager he should lead by example,moaning to the press everyday ,how does that help matters? Plenty of people in the current climate are worried aboout their jobs.:yes::yes:

And yes I do watch them train.

Ok we have the best coaching staff in our league :rolleyes: We need a clear out top to bottom unless you're happy with another midtable finish.

Adams is the manager he should lead by example,moaning to the press everyday ,how does that help matters? Plenty of people in the current climate are worried aboout their jobs.:yes::yes:

And yes I do watch them train.

But your views are based on what? 'We need a clear out'? Explain why we need to remove all of our coaching staff and replace them? Please, I am deadly serious, if you truely believe that, explain why.

I don't really know that much about our coaching staff. I have never seen them take a training session, know whether they are qualified, know whether they are liked by the players and manager - I know very little about them.

In my opinion, MA absolutely leads by example and the whole squad give absolutely 100% for him. He is the one reason that most of them are still here, a lot of players have openly said that. They enjoy playing for him and he is the one single leader in the whole of our football club.

That is my opinion. Feel free to explain yours.

Thank goodness Micky Adams is the manager and not some of the posters on this thread. There are three games left. What is going to motivate the players for the last three games, telling them they are all worthy of a contract or telling them they're **** and not worthy of one?

As for getting rid of most of the squad, who says we can get better in EVERY position? It's not as simple as you all make out. Kris Taylor being the prime example.

Thank goodness Micky Adams is the manager and not some of the posters on this thread. There are three games left. What is going to motivate the players for the last three games, telling them they are all worthy of a contract or telling them they're **** and not worthy of one?

As for getting rid of most of the squad, who says we can get better in EVERY position? It's not as simple as you all make out. Kris Taylor being the prime example.

You could and many are alternatively arguing - this season is over.

We need to look to the future

His comments may or may not spur on players

His comments will likely deter ST sales, I don't see those comments making anyone rush out to buy solely on the back of those comments - do you?

The basis of the team is sound. I question the tactics of playing two goalscorers out wide. There wasn't much difference between the 2 sides last night, so we can't be far off. It's a working partnership up front we need. I don't see Pope and Richards as a partnership.

You could and many are alternatively arguing - this season is over.

We need to look to the future

His comments may or may not spur on players

His comments will likely deter ST sales, I don't see those comments making anyone rush out to buy solely on the back of those comments - do you?

Stop talking sense please :)

I like the Gary on pvo who talks rubbish lol

I don't really have an issue with him wanting to keep all 20 players, especially if he has a higher wage budget. Yes, maybe there are 1 or 2 who aren't needed, but this squad is a mid table squad who could push for the play-offs. Add a couple of key players (Another goalscorer, a creative midfielder, another couple of defenders, and a winger) and suddenly you turn the squad that was upper-mid table to a squad pushing for promotion. Every team needs squad players! The worry comes if the players added aren't key players, but players who are squad players again.

But your views are based on what? 'We need a clear out'? Explain why we need to remove all of our coaching staff and replace them? Please, I am deadly serious, if you truely believe that, explain why.

I don't really know that much about our coaching staff. I have never seen them take a training session, know whether they are qualified, know whether they are liked by the players and manager - I know very little about them.

In my opinion, MA absolutely leads by example and the whole squad give absolutely 100% for him. He is the one reason that most of them are still here, a lot of players have openly said that. They enjoy playing for him and he is the one single leader in the whole of our football club.

That is my opinion. Feel free to explain yours.

Perhaps you could explain which of the squad has improved since Geoff, MA and Grew have linked up. Certainly the goalkeepers have got worse in fact I can't remember since I've been supporting the Vale (50 years) when we had 2 goalkeepers who seem to make mistakes on a regular basis. (weight issues with both as well).

MA doesn't tend to use young players unless he has to so not many have developed under his tenure. The younger ones like Dodds, Taylor, Rigg etc don't seem to have improved the exception being Griff. Please tell me your basis for keeping them ?

I'll admit the better ones like Loft and Richards are here because of MA and if his name helps we should be able to get a better squad assembled. An ex prem/championship player coach is a must IMHO.

Perhaps you could explain which of the squad has improved since Geoff, MA and Grew have linked up. Certainly the goalkeepers have got worse in fact I can't remember since I've been supporting the Vale (50 years) when we had 2 goalkeepers who seem to make mistakes on a regular basis. (weight issues with both as well).

MA doesn't tend to use young players unless he has to so not many have developed under his tenure. The younger ones like Dodds, Taylor, Rigg etc don't seem to have improved the exception being Griff. Please tell me your basis for keeping them ?

I'll admit the better ones like Loft and Richards are here because of MA and if his name helps we should be able to get a better squad assembled. An ex prem/championship player coach is a must IMHO.

OK, I'll start with who I believe has improved.

I will go with Griffith, McCombe, Richards, Morsy, Yates and Collins (although he did have dip in form this season).

In terms of goalkeepers, I agree, I don't see any improvement in either, I just see them both as being decent, steady, L2 goal keepers. Could either of them be our number one in a promotion campaign? I believe that they could, yes.

My basis for keeping players like Dodds and Taylor. Dodds, in my opinion has done well in the last 6 months. Would he be in my first 11? I'm not sure whether he would or not, but I would have him in my squad. Taylor. For me, he's a raw talent with bags of pace. Will he come good? I'm not sure whether he will or not. Would he fit into my first 11? Probably not, but he is a good impact player.

Those are my opinions. My point however, was with people posting comments on here with no or very little explanation.

To simply say 'we need to get rid of all coaches', or 'the whole squad isnt good enough', is just silly.

If you have an opinion, back it up. This is my opinion. Whether I am right or wrong, I won't lose any sleep over it, it's just what I see.

I think folk are reading to much into this,it's one of those statements he makes which as 2 meanings and he as you lot game set and match by the balls and hopefully the players till the end of the season ... I WOULD LIKE ETC ETC ... Now if he said I WILL KEEP EVERY PLAYER OR AM OF then you could start to worry ....

Archived