onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams - I'd like to offer contracts to all 20 players!

Vale

Advert

Never been a believer that the squad needs a massive overhaul. We have quality in all areas and have been knocking on the door of the top 5 all season. I'd ditch Martin because the lad has lost it, bring a competent squad player who can push Tomlinson, another RB to push Yates and a natural LB.

I'd make a swoop for Myrie-Williams and get in another pacy winger because that is what we've been lacking for years. Adams doesn't really play down the wings but it's always nice to have that capability in your locker, especially when teams come to VP with 5 in midfield.

I'd also try and bag an experienced 30+ player to play with Rico in attack. Someone like a Scott McGleish, Jake Lester etc who are guaranteed to get you goals.

I'd ditch Williamson altogether.

Ben Williamson seems to have a bit of promise and has pace but the lads goal record of 2 goals all season (in the same match) is not good enough.

Can we afford to have another player like that next season?.

Shrewsbury will be promoted, I wonder if they will be able to offer Marvin Morgan time on the pitch next season and keep him happy or will they sign someone else?

He'd be a good partnership with RICO I think.

That's the player we need to be signing!! A player who you know will score goals if playing all season and not pope, Williamson, rigg .....

Shefki kuckhi would be another good one I'd like.

The squad at the end of the season with Shuker and Marshall added is slightly stronger than at the start. But at the start of this season the bookmakers had Vale down to finish 11th and that is broadly what has happened. We went at least half the season not beating anyone in the top half of the division. To gain promotion therefore the squad needs to be strengthened and ideally a second 20 goal player is needed. I think at least a normal level of turnover is needed, but I think the players who have come through the off field crisis have generally tried as hard as possible and deserve credit from that perspective.

It would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been if Keith Ryder had come in without the admin.

You could add the 10 points and whatever extra Birchall, Madjo and Myrhe Williams would have contributed.

We'd have also kept Collins and maybe added more.

Maybe he has faith in the squad that he left in the automatic promotion position when he left last season, and believes they would have finished much higher up the table this season had it not been for all the off field commotion.

True and the injuries were bad especially to or defence we need 2 good full backs and a solid centre half. Clayton McDonald always looks like he has a mistake in him.

A complete squad clearout is not practical or needed in my eyes, yes the squad badly needs some fresh faces with that extra bit of quality but we are not far off, plenty of effort just lacking in extra quality where it matters, therefore I would keep around 50% of the squad the same(say 10-12 players) and move the rest on.

10-12 players to keep(assuming they wish to stay!);-

Tomlinson or Martin(1 of them are easily good enough as a back-up keeper)

McCombe(He is a steady performer, yes he's prone to the odd error but is solid enough)

Owen(Under contract so will stay I would of thought)

Yates(Same as Owen, however I'd of got rid if possible!)

Davis(Young with potential, okay as 4th choice CB)

Loft(Our best player this season by far)

Morsy(Under contract so doubt he'll go anywhere,needs to make progress though)

Griffith(He is good at what he does, just needs a goalscorer/creative player alongside him)

Dodds(Frustrating player but has goals in him so a worthy squad player)

Lloyd(Young player who it looks like will be signing pro terms)

Rigg(Same as Dodds)

Richards(Must keep and try and find him a suitable strike partner who can also SCORE!)

So that would leave the likes of McDonald,Taylor,Roe,James,Haldane,& 1 of the keepers going, Pope is a difficult one as he does bring something to the squad and would be an okay squad player but only if we have 2 other strikers who can hit 20 goals a season.

approx 10 new signings needed:-

Goalkeeper(Would like an experienced keeper who could help out the younger keeper we keep)

Right Back(Yates is not good enough defensively in my opinion)

Left Back(We don't have one so badly need one)

Centre Back(A centre back with some pace who can pass the ball out of defence please)

Right Wing & Left Winger(We have no natural wingers if Taylor/Haldane go so would need 2 wingers)

2 Central Midfielders(Somebody comfortable on the ball(Danny Sonner mould) and somebody who can score 5-10 goals a season(Bridge-Wilkinson mould)

2 Strikers(An experienced striker(Bernie Slaven mould) and maybe a younger pacy striker)

It would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been if Keith Ryder had come in without the admin.

You could add the 10 points and whatever extra Birchall, Madjo and Myrhe Williams would have contributed.

Madjo was no better than rigg, pope and Williamson. Had a good couple of games and then average. Don't forget by the end of his loan he was on the bench and pope was playing again. Doesn't suggest he was good enough. We have a number of forwards that people think are great based on a handful of games. Rigg had a couple of good uns at the start but has been average to poor since but hey he scored a couple at the start of the season. Williamson scored a couple in one game but has done nothing since. Madjo got a hattrick but then went down hill. Williams couldn't be signed, but we is sign shuker and Marshall not long after. And Collins would have gone anyway as it was a big chance for him and V2001 would have negotiated less in their wisdom anyway. People make a lot of excuses for Adams when the truth is he had a decent budget and brought in a lot of average and has under achieved so far.

True and the injuries were bad especially to or defence we need 2 good full backs and a solid centre half. Clayton McDonald always looks like he has a mistake in him.

But he brought in two extra left backs and neither were good enough. Who's fault is that?

I suspect that the outcome would have been promotion to league one.

Archived